By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Wilco Wingco

Here is a list of all the postings Wilco Wingco has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Water plane Floats
16/02/2020 13:29:57

I guess we will all be thinking along these lines if this weather keeps up. More water than dry land where I live.

Thread: So what is the FAA trying to do in the USA ?
15/02/2020 17:52:24

So lets get this right. You are a nasty terrorist and want to down a plane at a major airport. First you register with the CAA, then install a gizmo that will enable this third party "independent" registered facility to store all your flight plans. Then after much practice, all stored, you head for a major airport, launch your drone, or radio controlled model air plane, allow it to get sucked into and engine where it explodes, bringing the plane down. You then go home and wait. ? smile p Really.

Thread: The Gov't, CAA, BMFA & UAV legislation thread
13/02/2020 14:39:18

With all this traffic on the 2.4 band, I think I might just dust off my 3810 ?

Thread: Indoor Flying
09/02/2020 12:52:00

Where do you get plans for these models. I fancy some in door fun smiley

Thread: Stuck piston ring
07/02/2020 13:11:29

Just run the engine with suspected stuck ring. What can I say. It started first flick with a chicken stick and ran like a good un. It now has some compression when I turn it over by hand, lets hope it will improve with more running. Looks like the old "Italian Tuneup" worked. smiley

Thread: Plan printing without taping lots of sheets
01/02/2020 19:13:29

Sounds like a plan.cool

Thread: Synthetics
28/01/2020 14:12:46

Thanks for the posts. I have just found a copy of the SS 40 instructions on the net and under fuel it say "20% castor or high quality synthetic oil". Problem solved. yes

28/01/2020 12:59:09

Old ENYA s seem to be causing problems. Some say that if you run one on synthetic it will remove the "varnish" and cause a sloppy piston fit. Another thread says he has been running an Enya 50 on synthetic for ages with no problems re power loss or sloppy piston. I have just res-erected an old and very reliable SS 40 which I used to run on castor, all my fuel is now synthetic. Help???

Thread: Stuck piston ring
20/01/2020 14:31:23

Thanks Jon. I wiped the inside of the bore with a tissue before re-oiling it and replacing the head, no sign of rust at all. The bearings are silent as the grave so I will give it a run soon and see if that improves things. Assuming it will run with little compression???.

20/01/2020 13:48:05

When I had the head off to replace the valve spring the bore looked fine, don't know if I would see any signs of rust? Not sure how long the engine has not been run, bought at a swap meet, so I will risk the "Italian Tune up" and see what happens. Thanks chaps, watch this space. yes

20/01/2020 10:22:38

Does anybody know how to "release" a suspected stuck piston ring without stripping the engine?. I have replaced a broken valve spring and reset the gaps but still very little compression. Wide open throttle makes no difference. If I inject a little fuel into the cylinder the compression improves but not brilliant. The bore has no sign of ware and there seems to be no leaks round the valves so the only thing I can think of is stuck ring?. I have not tried running the engine yet so maybe that will improve the situation??. sad

Thread: Your experience of Banggood delivery time?
14/01/2020 16:26:56

My stuff still hasn't arrived. Ordered in August, they resent it in early December got their standard, "Allow another 12 days ". Still not here, started Paypal dispute and got another of their "Allow another 12 days". Both are still showing as in China but I think 5 months is enough, don't you. angry

Thread: The Gov't, CAA, BMFA & UAV legislation thread
07/01/2020 16:22:26

Thanks Martin for the information. I didn't know that the EU were looking at remote ID. Does that mean that the BMFA will be involved to promote the interests of we fixed wing and heli flyers or will the new proposed legislation only apply to drones??. would have thought that the BMFA would have published a paper on this or maybe they have and we simple flyers are not aware of it?. sad

07/01/2020 14:48:05

Is this what we have in store???. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jc4vHj7mPxk&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR2qq7xTmP6I_tcAJKXpp9d756I5klV7xEiiLYvDYZHJrriioXO8a2nKg8c

Thin end of the wedge??

Thread: 2020 BMFA power nationals
05/01/2020 12:46:53

They have always been on the same w/e for as long as I can remember.

Thread: CAA registration take-up?
03/01/2020 12:59:40

So it will only be law abiding BMFA members who will pay the subscription and be monitored by the CAA ?. So whats the point behind it?, I have paid up and done the test but if the "system" is not going to be monitored I honestly don't see the point. How will it improve safety or protect people and property?. sarcastic 2

03/01/2020 10:16:57

Does it now mean that when I purchase any modelling supplies, on line or face to face, I have to produce my CAA registration??. And do the suppliers have to report to the CAA any person who tries to purchase any model aircraft supplies without a CAA registration document? If he or she sells me a drone does he have to supply the CAA with my name and address so that the CAA can police their rules and ensure that I then fly in accordance with the new legislation, or will the local police force be in contact to check?.

Too many rules and too many unanswered questions.

Thread: Ripmax Phase 5e
02/01/2020 18:48:45

A senior member of our club electrified his very old PHASE 6. flies a treat, everybody wanted a go.

Brilliant.embarrassed

Thread: Your experience of Banggood delivery time?
28/12/2019 10:45:39

Contacted them again, 4th time, and they have assured me that this time I will have the replacement motor and ESC in 12 days time. For an order placed in August and dispatched on 3 different occasions?, must be a record. Will keep you informed. sad

Thread: Avicraft Panic
22/12/2019 14:08:25

On my, original, Panic the tail post is at the LE of the elevator, 5 inched back from the LE of the tail plane?.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
electricwingman 2017
Cambridge Gliding Club
Wings & Wheels 2019
Slec
Sussex Model Centre
CADMA
CML
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Do you use a throttle kill switch?
Q: This refers to electric-powered models but do you use a throttle kill switch?

Yes
 No
 Sometimes
 Rarely

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us