By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Keith Berriman

Here is a list of all the postings Keith Berriman has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Modelflying.co.uk platform migration plans, a 'heads-up' for everyone
28/01/2021 11:48:45

Must be me but top bar is now red again and all is normal

28/01/2021 11:29:20

Not sure if i am happy with new black format all items much darker to look at text and pictures

Thread: Question about 35mhz control
28/01/2021 11:26:50

Those were the dual channel make and should work with correct Futaba Tx and correct matched crystals

Edited By Keith Berriman on 28/01/2021 11:27:06

Thread: Ink Jet Printer
28/01/2021 11:22:37

On my Epson moderately priced printer scanner I can choose the print type required even down to photograph style but that is time consuming in the print

I have tried non Epson cartridges and its hit and miss if they work or not so just luck out for Epson bargain prices on the web

Thread: CAA Operator Registration Renewal
27/01/2021 09:30:25

Not seen this layout on my renewal last November

Isthis a new format just released ??

Thread: Sizing electric motors
25/01/2021 09:11:01

Maybe a call to someone like 4 Max to help with an equivalent

Thread: Sign of the times - funnies
23/01/2021 15:09:37

Hi Ken My Cheque Book is empty and bank not issuing new one sorry

Ken Anderson...ne...1 ... follower

Thread: Extending leads - battery or ESC?
22/01/2021 20:10:19

I built a Depron Jet shape model with battery at front and motor at rear and needed to extend battery wires by 9" to get things working

I was of the opinion that battery power was straight voltage movement where as the ESC to motor is pulsating current and more likely to cause problems

Thread: Radiomaster TX16s Anyone tried one?
21/01/2021 11:43:42

Are you looking to use your old 35meg rx as the Radiomaster is 2.4 or am I reading things wrong??

Thread: If you ask ten different aeromodellers...
21/01/2021 11:38:46

So if I am the first to reply

I think the Hitec 311 servos should be okay for this lighter model

On the engine side maybe the Irvine but don't go mad with throttle I think the laser maybe to heavy and 61 too powerfull for this lighter model

Enjoy the build and flying I miss mine as the were in short supply when I needed a replacement

Thread: SKY Rc switch
15/01/2021 11:03:21

Pleased to see the thread may have helped some other ic flyers

My first electronic switch arrived and fitted in minutes, setting up battery lead so can be disconnected at end days flying

Role on covid restrictions and lets get back to flying

Thread: CAA Operator Identity
13/01/2021 11:26:10

Thanks for the response I was unsure if the model could be flown under my numbers as more than likely I will be on the transmitter for for setting up etc

13/01/2021 11:08:49

So I have had delivery of three Hitec heavy duty switches my preferred option in the various makes and one SKY unit. Will be in the hanger later to see how they will fit and how the new switch on one model will work with cabling etc.

Many Thanks for all your responses and comments what a great site this is to get support in this lock down period

Thread: CAA Operator Identity
13/01/2021 11:03:03

I have a friend building his second electric model hoping to take up flying later this year?

At our club he is allowed three visit with a member to try out his skills etc before he has to pay his fees

My question his will he have to have his CAA registration in place before his first visit??

Thread: Hello from Newbie in Edinburgh
12/01/2021 18:03:42

Hello Bri welcome to the forum

Good choice with foam board not gone all the way with that route myself half built a 540 kit but passed it on

Thread: Panic! Damaged prop shaft threads - can't fully unscrew retaining nut. Help please!
12/01/2021 11:57:20

Maybe a trip to local garage or handyman who may have a nut splitter to hand

Thread: novice plan building
12/01/2021 11:30:17

You are going to be undated with options from a foamy to ARTF to full kit build

Foamy will get you into flying quickly and not take long to get flying them is hazardous as accidents will destroy them This will be electric

ARTF slightly longer build time can be electric or ic a little more robust and can be repaired

Full kit will take longer more complex more intricate and covering is not the simple and the choice is unlimited

Usually people reccomend a high wing trainer as first attempt more easier to fly and land

All the best

11/01/2021 11:12:42

Thank you for the response I was wandering about power use when not in use so will set up the Meters to check

Have seen where failsafe is power on

11/01/2021 09:43:21

Being a longtime ic flyer and reading about faults that can occur with the on / off switches I have regularly changed mine over the years. Serching web for some new ones this year I came across this electronic unit.

So thought I would ask if anybody has used them ?? And any comments battery switch.jpg

Thread: Chris Foss Acrowot (KIt Built)
10/01/2021 09:45:25

With a four stroke read instructions carefully about the fire wall distances

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Subscribe now
Jetworks
CML
Slec
electricwingman 2017
Sussex Model Centre
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
NEW POLL - has the pandemic altered your event safety perceptions?
Q: Has the covid pandemic deterred you from attending shows and events in 2021?

No, I'll be attending just as many as I usually do
 No, but I'll choose my event with greater care
 Yes, I'll attend fewer events going forward
 Yes, I wont attend any where previously I have

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!