By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for David Molineux

Here is a list of all the postings David Molineux has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Six Nations 2018
24/02/2018 17:48:41

England need to try holding on to the ball! Difficult to win if you give possession away constantly.

Thread: Building boards
30/11/2016 17:50:15

I use Sundeala which is what noticeboards are made of. Admittedly I bought it before I had joined a club or this forum and so hadn't asked anyone, it just seemed to make sense. A lot more expensive than plasterboard though 😢

Dave.

Thread: hobbyking - big changes
16/11/2016 17:19:57

I decided to give 'Bang Good' a try based on HK's changes and price hikes (or am I just imagining those?). £18 import fee was an unpleasant surprise. I suppose I should have expected it...

Dave

Thread: Night Flying
13/11/2016 19:52:07

A guy at our club flew last night with a set of these. Simply outstanding. I've never really thought of night flying before but I was seriously impressed.

Dave.

Thread: 2017 Mass Build Voting Thread
02/11/2016 18:59:11

1. Striker.

2. Kwik Fli.

3. Super Kaos Jr.

Dave.

Thread: 2017 Mass Build Chat Thread
02/11/2016 18:50:05

Well, as the Rizla seems to be out, I quite fancy a Kwik Fli that will take the SC 61 I have lying around This should be the first Mass Build that I have been able to take part in (work commitments...)

I've just seen the Striker! Gets my vote.

Dave

Edited By David Molineux on 02/11/2016 19:00:38

Thread: Ebay sellers...
25/10/2016 11:01:30

Blimey, I thought it was unbelievable before I saw the Hobby King link. Now I think it's almost criminal. Says he's sold 26 of them though!

Dave

25/10/2016 10:32:21

Just seen this. It might just take the prize for most ridiculous price I've ever seen!

Dave

Thread: 2017 Mass Build
23/10/2016 21:29:57

I'm loving the look of the Rizla That might just tempt me into my first mass build.

Dave.

Thread: naval ship scuppers my flying
22/10/2016 19:32:21

The Royal Navy frigate HMS Richmond scuppered my flying for 9 months last year....... We were in the Indian Ocean for most of it

Dave.

Thread: Lidl Fret/Scroll Saw
28/09/2016 21:39:54

I bought one for 59 quid a few months ago and I've been really happy with it. Like you say, it's made by scheppach in Germany 😃

I've got a couple of 'parkside'' tools actually and they've all been pretty good especially for the price.

Dave.

Thread: SC 65 four stroke carb
15/09/2016 13:17:11

I have checked the packaging thoroughly and it's definitely not there. Great news about being able to use the current equivalent though that was what I was hoping for. Many thanks for all of the advice. I'll let you know how I get on.

Dave.

14/09/2016 22:04:59

Thanks for the advice. I have contacted the seller so I'll wait to see what the response is. Hopefully you're right Geoff

Dave.

14/09/2016 20:10:37

Hi all,

I'll start by mentioning that I fly electric models and have no idea really about IC. That being said I really like the sound of 4 strokes and so decided that my new project would have one in it. I found what looked perfect on eBay (first mistake) and so bought it. A lovely SC 65.

sc 65 carb.jpg

it arrived today. On opening I checked it over and it seems to be missing the needle valve adjustment screw? I'm certain that it should have a ratchet screw for setting the idle on the carb?

I'm intending to contact the seller about it but thought I'd ask on here what options I have. IS it something I can easily get hold of? The 65 doesn't seem to be a current model....

Any help is greatly appreciated

Dave.

Thread: Are all aeromodellers aviation enthusiasts?
15/08/2016 12:37:22

I'm in the same boat as Kevin above in that my general aircraft enthusiasm has dulled after years working on them. I like old prop stuff I guess and always loved XH558 when it came to visit Yeovilton. I thoroughly enjoy building and flying models though.

David.

Thread: Phoenix versus Realflight
10/08/2016 22:00:55

Hi Stuart,

I've never used Realflight but I can tell you that Phoenix is pretty good, will work with either of your transmitters (I've used both Hitec and Frsky with mine) and it also has free upgrades for life. That makes older versions on eBay a bargain!

Dave.

Thread: Beginner's radio?
31/07/2016 17:56:46

Ted,

I used a Hitec Optic 6 Sport to pass my A with and it was great. I only switched because I fancied trying the Frsky Taranis (which is fantastic by the way although not everyone's cup of tea...). If I was buying one now I'd go for the extra features of the Flash 7 but if you don't need them it would save you £40 or so. One bonus with the Spektrum DX6 is the ability to use the majority of the 'bind and fly' planes about (if that's your thing).

David

Edited By David Molineux on 31/07/2016 17:57:01

Thread: Horus is nearly upon us...
27/07/2016 18:34:10

I love my Taranis and have been keeping an eye on the Horus. At £500 I think I'll be staying with the Taranis. The fantastic price was one of the things that drew me to the Taranis in the first place. Open TX was just a really nice bonus 😁

David.

Thread: Power train for Chapter One
25/07/2016 15:44:06

Matty

I've not seen that PSU idea before. I usually use an old 12v leisure battery to power my chargers. I'm definitely getting one of those. Cheers 😁

Dave.

24/07/2016 13:43:47

Have you seen the website PropCalc? It is really useful for giving you a good idea of how a given setup will perform. I have used it in the past and the results it gave were pretty much spot on to what the actual items gave me when connected to my watt meter. I've noticed that they have restricted it quite a lot unless you pay (used to be completely free) but it looks like it's only a few pence... and if your setup happens to be one that's included in the demo then even better laugh

David.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Addlestone Models
Slec
Gliders Distribution
Pepe Aircraft
CML
Cambridge Gliding Club
Wings & Wheels 2019
electricwingman 2017
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Does your club have a safety officer?
Q: Does your club have a safety officer, or is the emphasis on individual members to each be their own safety officer?

Yes we have a SO
 No, it's down to everyone

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us