By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for David Molineux

Here is a list of all the postings David Molineux has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: "Unbuilt kits for sale" section in classifieds?
06/07/2016 21:21:03

That sounds like a good idea.

Dave

Thread: New 78" Vulcan for twin 90mm DF
28/06/2016 13:41:39

I will second that Chris. I am really interested in the 78" version. I guess Tony is pretty busy getting this year's special ready, but I'd love to hear how things are progressing

Dave.

Thread: Sound problem
15/06/2016 17:35:44

It was one of the first in the UK so I guess it is an early model. It does have a small board mounted on the main board.

I thought about the SD card but as Mike says, the files are all working with headphones. Having said that, I think I have another card knocking around somewhere so I might try it anyway...

Dave

15/06/2016 07:20:31

Cheers for the responses...

I have sound selected to on and all volume settings at max in the radio setup page.

The volume as a special function is something I added to try to fix the problem. The volume display is just on the display, next the current time.

I bought my Taranis from Robotbirds if I remember correctly, about 3 years ago! I had it with me in the middle east last year so it got pretty hot...I wondering if that has killed something inside.

Dave.

14/06/2016 19:35:33

Hi all, I'm hoping someone can help.

My Taranis has stopped producing sound from it's speaker. I get no sounds whatsoever, not even beeps for the trim switches or the welcome message. If I plug headphones in I get all sounds correctly albeit at a low volume. I have volume assigned to rotary S/W S1 and when I turn it I get the correct indications on the display screen. I thought that maybe the speaker itself had died so I have just installed a replacement/upgrade speaker but still nothing. I've pretty much run out of ideas now... any suggestions would be very welcome.

Dave.

Thread: Lipo battery brand choice
01/06/2016 20:05:41

Another vote for Gens Ace here. I've been using then for about 4 years and they're great. Admittedly, 4S is as big as I go.

Dave.

Thread: Flop Gear
30/05/2016 11:24:54

It was precisely what I expected. The producers and writers haven't changed and the show sells all over the world as is. I thought Matt Le Blanc was the real disappointment. He was really monotone and almost seemed uninterested. The whole section with the reliants was just dull.

Dave.

Thread: Kit builders, what would you like???
22/04/2016 16:25:18

A really good Sea Fury would be nice. I'd love to build an ME 262 or a BF 110...

Dave

Thread: I'll never feel bad about hitting a tree again!
30/03/2016 21:07:33

I have been known to shout at myself in my helmet, things like 'turn you idiot' because I've been heading straight for a very devious, stationary hedge!

Dave

Never flown into a tree though. The floor a few times...

Edited By Pete B - Moderator on 30/03/2016 21:18:06

Thread: Those Smart Phone Thingies
16/03/2016 18:14:29

I use an Android app called 'convert pad' that is really handy for conversions of all sorts (torque, weights, pressure etc. ) not modelling specific I know but very useful. If you don't care about having the latest phone (or one made by Apple) you can get a perfectly good Android phone for well under £100.

Dave.

Thread: Soldering iron or ?
11/03/2016 07:19:11

I use a gas powered Iroda iron from Maplin. I got a heat gun tip for it too which is great for heat shrink. Also means I can use it at the patch if I need to (admittedly I never have but still...)

Dave

Thread: What sport model build?
07/03/2016 19:27:47

I'm after something similar myself...I was thinking of building an acro wot but I must say that I'm quite taken with the Cloud Dancer.

Dave.

Thread: Any recommendations...fiction
04/03/2016 06:51:22

For Fantasy you should try 'The wheel of Time' series by Robert Jordan. 14 of them! 'Magician' by Raymond E Feist is fantastic and has loads that follow it. For something a little different I really enjoyed the 'Temeraire' series by Naomi Novik. Set in the Napoleonic war but with a dragon air force! The 'Sword of Truth' series by Terry Goodkind are worth a look too....

Dave.

Edited By David Molineux on 04/03/2016 06:52:21

Thread: what type of pin?
27/02/2016 18:05:52

Tony Nijhuis 'Sky 40' is a good build. You can get just the plan or full laser/CNC cut kit from SLEC. You can get it from My Hobby Store too (as I did) but it's a lot more expensive!

Dave.

Thread: Capter One (Project X)
11/02/2016 15:16:57

There is also an article about a Hacker ARTF 'wing'...

Dave

11/02/2016 14:34:03

Hi Ron. Is it the Dep Stick park flyer article you're after? That's the Sep 15 free plan...

Dave

Thread: ESC
09/02/2016 16:56:39

I'm pretty sure that you want it set to hard if you don't want the prop to 'freewheel' during flight. Someone more experienced might have better info.

Dave.

Thread: Two more FrSky Txs in the pipeline
01/10/2014 16:02:03

My Taranis is absolutely fantastic. Only downside being the slightly old fashioned casing. Now that looks to be sorted, who wouldn't by FrSky? Totally rock solid signal. Cheap RX. incredible flexibility. Why would you look elsewhere?

Dave.

Thread: Music while I work - but on what?
06/12/2013 18:27:41

A Bluetooth speaker with your music on a mobile phone or tablet would let you have your control/display next to you. Spotify or any number of similar apps would then be available too.

Dave.

Thread: 96 quid gloves
22/11/2013 11:06:46

For anyone who suffers badly with the cold how about these inner heated gloves for motorcycling? They are made from a lycra like material which doesn't hamper feel. The batteries are expensive but they work with any 12v battery. A friend of mine uses this one from Amazon. Not tried them for model flying but they're a revalation on a bike smiley

Dave.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Slec
Pepe Aircraft
Wings & Wheels 2019
Gliders Distribution
Addlestone Models
CML
Cambridge Gliding Club
electricwingman 2017
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
New Poll - Sticky situations...
Q: How often - when using superglue - do you end up with it on your fingers?

Every time
 Occasionally
 Sometimes
 Rarely
 Never
 Wear rubber gloves

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us