By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for David Molineux

Here is a list of all the postings David Molineux has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Concorde, 10 years
05/10/2013 11:19:53

Hi CSB, I live near/work at RNAS Yeovilton and so have been to see 002 a few times. She certainly is a pretty old girl face 1

I think I'm going to enjoy these posts of yours.

Dave.

Thread: Anyone near Glastonbury?
05/10/2013 11:05:52

Hi Jon, I'm in Ilchester so not far at all.

I fly at the Sedgemoor model flying club in Westonzoyland. We are a friendly bunch who are always happy to meet/help new members. If you fancy joining a club (the best way to learn in my opinion) then why not pop along. Sunday mornings from about 09:30 are usually the busiest/most popular time.

I'm fairly new myself (about 18 months) and I really enjoyed learning to fly on a buddy box (great for newbie confidence) and passed my 'A' test within about 6 months. I'm now whizzing around with my plan built Clean Sweep and my Fusion fun fly.

Dave.

Thread: First Round Voting
03/10/2013 15:55:36

1 Evolution Enigma.

2. Gonzales.

3. Dawn Flyer.

4. Pushy Cat.

5. Slingshot.

Thread: 2014 Mass Build - Candidate Model Nominations
30/09/2013 13:23:17

Evolution Models Enigma.

Bipe or Mono, IC or Electric. laugh

Thread: Tony Nijhuis' new Vulcan
23/09/2013 09:36:20

WOW!

I have been watching keenly since you first said you were designing Vulcans and I must say that it certainly doesn't disappoint. I can't wait to see the other two designs (really interested in the larger EDF one wink). There is nothing I want to build more (Except maybe a Fairchild A10.....)

I imagine you are going to have a major hit on your hands with these.

Thread: 2014 Mass Build - Candidate Model Nominations
17/09/2013 17:38:31

Biplanes. Or Triplanes. Or Quadruplanes...............

Dave.

Thread: Disney's Planes
29/08/2013 20:59:43

Just been to see it with my 7 & 5 year olds. We all really enjoyed it. I'm now trawling the internt for an Air Tractor plan as my boys want me to build them a 'Dusty'......

Thread: Is it a real aircraft?
12/08/2013 20:38:02

Wow, I think I'm in love!

Thread: Phoenix - trim for beginner planes
28/07/2013 20:38:33

Hi John and welcome smiley.

There was a really interesting thread here on landing. Some really useful stuff from some very experienced guys (and me!).

Dave

Thread: What glue
28/07/2013 17:34:39

I'm pretty certain you need the zap foam safe for that. You have to use the foam safe 'kicker' too according to the bottle.

Dave.

Thread: Landing is the hardest thing? !
22/07/2013 08:53:33

Jez,

As a relative novice myself, this is something I've been trying to work on recently. One mistake I was making was using the elevator too much. This tends to result in pitching the nose up/down too sharply on approach which is a bit un-nerving! I am now trying to have a longer, shallower descent using the throttle to control altitude and just keeping the wings level.

Admittidly, my touch and go's are still a bit 'bounce and go' but slowly they are improving.

Dave

Thread: BMFA Proficiency Scheme A & B Certs, which model did you use?
16/07/2013 21:28:37

I passed my 'A' last year with my TN Sky 40 trainer. Not yet thinking about my 'B' but I think my Clean Sweep would be idealsmiley

imag0406.jpg

Dave

Thread: Changing from 4s to 5s setup
09/07/2013 21:17:34

Not sure if it's any use to you but I find this website really useful for getting an idea of what any given electric setup is going to give me. I can usually find something very similar if not exactly what i'm using and so far it's given me very accurate results when compared to the real thing with my watt meter. I have bought my last 3 electric setups based on the results I got from this tool.

Dave.

Thread: Woodspring Wings 2013
07/07/2013 18:47:25

I really enjoyed it. The Bronco was very impressive.

Dave

Thread: Forum members' new models: Let's see them.
05/07/2013 19:26:10

Here is my new Evolution Models Fusion just prior to the maiden this afternoon. Fun fly it certainly is!!

imag0525.jpg

imag0527.jpg

You can see my Clean Sweep in the background which I finished a couple of months ago too smiley

Dave

Thread: Does your Club Mow its own grass or flying field
05/07/2013 09:46:27

I haven't noticed any need to cut grass on our tarmac ex-airfieldwink

Dave.

Thread: Learning to fly
04/07/2013 09:29:25

I never fly with a neck strap or tray. Why is that a safety issue?

Really nice to see the video I had a similar experience with my club when I was first thinking about model flying.

Dave

Thread: Concorde or TSR2
01/07/2013 20:34:26

What sort of propusion are you thinking? I imagine an 8' TSR 2 would need a serious EDF setup!

Thread: Woodspring Wings 2013
30/06/2013 18:15:04

I'll be there on whichever day looks like the best weather smiley. Taking my 7 & 5 year olds. 3 guys from my club are doing a formation aerobatics display with their twins too. Should be good.

Dave.

Thread: How many build projects (ARTF and trad') do you have running?
21/06/2013 17:02:37

I like to finish one before I start another. Just finishing my Evolution models Fusion laugh

Dave

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Pepe Aircraft
Gliders Distribution
Slec
CML
Cambridge Gliding Club
Wings & Wheels 2019
electricwingman 2017
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Do you use a throttle kill switch?
Q: This refers to electric-powered models but do you use a throttle kill switch?

Yes
 No
 Sometimes
 Rarely

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us