By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Adrian Day

Here is a list of all the postings Adrian Day has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Pix-e major (christmas winner build)
12/12/2012 18:57:44

good evening Steve
thank you for your comment yes this little plane has got under my skin thats for sure.. its a great model to build, and i think Tim's design is fantastic for every level builder..

i remember now reading Tim's original piece on the build of this model you are correct about the 1/3rd throttle.. so fingers crossed i can keep with the set up i had before ..

if you look on the page 3 of this post the motor, esc, servos and battery i was thinking are on there ... may have to change the battery this time though but not sure.if a 3s would be better . would always be grateful for your input on this matter.. i know i can trust your comments

great having you back on the post
regards Adrian

12/12/2012 18:46:31

Ian ouch !!! to start with..
thank you for the heads up in that one.. that added up a little there didnt it ,why they didn't put the 2 models together I don't know simple really. same address simple really less sent at different order times . .... IF I was you i would keep those as new and just poke the parts out and use as temps to make more.. thats how i do mine .. makes for building more a little fasters and cutting out is simple

i will be looking up the sandow pack.. see what it looks like so i can see what your making

will say those CNC kits are great quality .. couldnt find a problem with my one.. but hey it was free and i still have it neatly wrapped in plastic till next time i build the model again he! he!

Regards Adrian

11/12/2012 22:29:03

thank you Tim ..

do you think so??

what you can see in the pictures weighed in at 165g still trying to find out what the original one did before i made the changes..

just hope that the motor maths works out ..

11/12/2012 19:11:17

second pix e well underway not to much more to go not sure what people will think of the wing..

front view

pic2

wing join

pic3

top view

pic4

under view

pic5

top view2

11/12/2012 00:50:23

just looked up the motor power model weight.. 200g to 800g mine work out about 340g ish auw so think it will be a little slow on the battery i have cos i think thats working out on a 3Li-Po not a 2 Li-Po

Would i be right thinking that ??

Adrian

11/12/2012 00:37:19

Re new build just put everything on the scales and found everything from landing gear , electronics and wings, frame work auw is just over 12 oz
i think its a lot more than the one Tim made but seems that a little extra weight is still under that of what Ian put his full Balsa Model weighed ..

Keeping fingers crossed the original motor is able to power it ok???
Adrian

Thread: Pix - E Major
11/12/2012 00:14:07

Hi Eiffion looking good there ... nice and clean

long shot do you still a bare frame looking as I'm looking for the weight of the fus alone so i can compare the weight with my remodelled version

regards Adrian

09/12/2012 21:42:12

Hi Tim thanks for your comment,

I agree there with the weight have tried to keep things down

it may only end up with a 5 grams extra in the build total i have also put push rods in and moved the servo in side cabin.. just to keep the plane looking the same as original i have opted for keeping the struts under the wings. to take some of the strain off the middle of the wing.

fingers crossed it still works out.. it seems to look ok
rgds
Adrian

09/12/2012 18:54:29

i like the look of the 1 piece wing it fits without looking like it could just pop off .. even better that some one else has tried it first and had success.

Ian is the j1 auster the one thats a cross between cub and a moth only single wing??

any pictures of your winter build be good to see progress . there is somthing about seeing new builds that i think is great..

thats the only thing i dont like about the winter cold garage i do all my building indoors .. and the pix-e is a perfect model to build in house. just glad that my better half dont mind to much me building in the lounge or bedroom.. just no sanding!!
rgds
Adrian

Thread: Speed Twin ST2 - a twin-engined kit build
09/12/2012 15:41:36

good afternoon Chris
been keeping eye on your build from a distance.. great work and fantastic colour scheme that will look perfect in flight.. look forward to seeing more pics on field if you get some
great build
Rgds Adrian

09/12/2012 14:56:23

good afternoon Ian

thank you for your reply thats good to hear ididnt think about the extra weight your little full balsa model had.. I still like that idea maye have to try that too......may have to try some extra cell li-po's see how this one goes .

the reason I need to know is have built the wing in one and built in a wing location block and screw retainer .. it looks pretty good if I do say so my self (he! he!) and changed the cheeks to balsa not thin ply so these little things have added a little to the build but i think it works pretty well
I will take some pictures and post soon.. so you can see and maybe comment from a none biased perspective ..

Looking forward to your build blog on the 2 new models the CNC parts are well cut and make for easy build time. i use my ones to cut new parts to build my model..Are these christmas presents to your self

Hope you have a great christmas too stay safe
rgds Adrian

08/12/2012 22:49:36

been on a building misson this week and have built another pix-e but i have made some changes.. thats resulted in adding some extra grams to the frame weight can anyone tell me if the motor that i used in my first build in this post is still powerful enough to power this model so i know if to order another?? total weight 170g with only the tail covered, no landing gear or electrics ???

rgds Adrian

Edited By Adrian Day on 08/12/2012 23:00:11

Edited By Adrian Day on 08/12/2012 23:14:05

Edited By Adrian Day on 08/12/2012 23:22:23

Thread: Pics from your free RCME plan build
08/12/2012 02:07:56

pix-e major - Tim Hooper free plan //// and christmas free prize

top view 2

picture 2

top view 1

Great plan to build great looking little model

Thread: Friday free stuff
24/11/2012 00:38:57

well done everyone who won.. nice one .. have to be in it to try and win it hey

23/11/2012 14:30:36

count me in please. would be happy with anything good luck all

Thread: Pix - E Major
19/11/2012 09:50:44

sorry replied to wrong part

Edited By Adrian Day on 19/11/2012 10:01:32

17/11/2012 19:42:22

Hi Steve
Thank you for your kind words and the words of JL's wisdom and the words are so true, life takes turns its how we progress to come around them.
I have starded to get back on my feet now been hard work and a progress that will still take some time, but i look forward to making a full recovery and to get onto a flying field to see my Pix E Fly using my hands.

Steve it would be great to see you make little Pix E but i know how things take priority over others one day sir you will get 5 mins

THANKS again for your kindness and wishes

13/11/2012 23:14:00

Hi Tim

Thank you for your kind msg and well wishes
been a hard year but looking on the better side of life , and looking to the future, one thing is for sure life is way to short .

Will keep you posted and fingers crossed i will have my hands on the controls of the models soon.. .. sorry to all that i havent been about posting the results, looks like your models are still in the high standards as always,
loving the remodel going on at the moments nice size manageable look forward to seeing the results
Adrian

13/11/2012 15:29:37

hi everyone sorry not been about in some time ended up in a major car crash and not been able to do to much. kind of shut out most of my life including modeling .. well you will all be happy to know the model is up and flying very .. a little speedy i would say but it does fly very well .....thank you all for your help it is now in the hand of a friend till i can get back to things well sorry again for not being about and letting you all know how this model went

best to you all Adrian

Thread: Looking after 1S batteries
09/03/2012 09:27:23

link not working seamus

but i do agree there i have used one n they a pretty good all rounder

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Sussex Model Centre
Slec
CML
electricwingman 2017
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
NEW POLL - has the pandemic altered your event safety perceptions?
Q: Has the covid pandemic deterred you from attending shows and events in 2021?

No, I'll be attending just as many as I usually do
 No, but I'll choose my event with greater care
 Yes, I'll attend fewer events going forward
 Yes, I wont attend any where previously I have

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!