By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Low pass Pete

Here is a list of all the postings Low pass Pete has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Low Pass Pete's Build Thread for Ballerina
09/01/2016 16:07:55

Yes always fuselage first as I like to sort the engine install and servos. Also you can sort out really important things such as Pilot and instruments.wink

I'm also gong for mini-servos on the ailerons as I have some spare at the moment.

Peter

PS

If anyone has a spare OS52 I would love to get my hands on another. They really are good engines. Why on earth did OS cease production?

09/01/2016 15:08:28

Well Ballerina build is underway.

Originally I planned to use an OS48 but finally decided to borrow an OS52 Surpass from another project.. The 52 is la wee bit longer so elected to shorten the Fus sides at the nose by about 1/4inch to be able to keep things in line with Peter's plan.

I an also inverting the engine as this will make the lines a bit smoother and make install easier on the eye. However I expect to make the lower part of the cowl removable (similar to PMs Werewolf plan which I built a while back in 2009). The removable cowl will help with maintenance etc. I have also made the tank access in F2 larger as I expect that the tank will need to sit a bit lower down due to carb being lower down.

img_5019.jpg

img_5018.jpgimg_5017.jpg

Edited By Low pass Pete on 09/01/2016 15:09:53

Edited By Low pass Pete on 09/01/2016 15:12:19

Thread: Just another Ballerina
09/01/2016 08:10:49

Hi Chris

Looks a good start to say the least. I have cheated and have gone for the CNC pack. I like your idea of paper transfer tape, have not heard of this before. Where do you get hold of this? I have used opaque grease proof paper in the past, redirected from the kitchen, but Tesco have changed the spec to brown which cannot be used (except for cooking of course!).

Cheers Peter

01/01/2016 20:40:26

img_5010.jpg

This is my other current Project (Seagull Bucker Jungmeister). Having to juggle which takse priority. This photo was a dry fit and I'm at the point of rigging it.

Thread: Ballerina Woodpacks and discount information
01/01/2016 19:58:31

CNC Pack looks to be missing F3.

01/01/2016 19:56:22

Stated today. I had purchased the wood packs and could not find F3 in pre-cuts. Thought I was going mad but it is actually missing from the CNC Sheets.

No problem as there seems to be enough wood to build from the plan but really should have been included. Looks to be an omission.

Thread: Preparing for the 2016 Mass Build
17/12/2015 05:23:04

Does anyone have any info on the 2016 RCM&E Fly in at Greenacres yet?

Thread: Engine choices for Ballerina?
16/12/2015 19:38:49

I am expecting to use an OS48 Surpass that I have looking for a new home. I am planning to invert the engine as I reckon the throttle linkage will be simpler and the engine runs well inverted.

If I had a choice I would use an OS 52 surpass as they are great runners. More power than a 40 yes but you have a throttle to use. Shame that OS 4 strokes are so expensive when new. SC really do not come close for quality.

Regards

Peter (Low pass Pete)

Thread: 2016 Mass Build - Sign Up Thread
14/12/2015 03:05:52

Already have the wood and will commence build shortly.

Thread: Mass Build 2016 - The Voting Thread
19/11/2015 18:00:22

1. Oodalally

2. Werewolf.

3. Ballarina

Thread: Seagull Sea Fury, 2 stroke a crime?
19/12/2012 17:06:36

I used a SC120 4 stroke. But had to shorten the engine mount by 1/2 in. Found fhat flaps slowed it too much on landing as it will lose elevator authority. I have also replaced UC with E Flite electrics which are much better.

Goes well on SC120.

19/12/2012 15:53:38

I have used a SC120 Fourstroke and needed to reduce the length of the mounting frame by about1/2 inch. otherwise the engine would have been too long. Goes well on this power option. I find flaps tend to slow it down too much on landing and it will lose elevator authoriry and can nose over on grass. Consequently I do not use the flaps much.

Also I have replaced the UC with a set of Eflite electrics which are more reliable. Looks great in the air.

Cheers

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
electricwingman 2017
CML
Slec
Sussex Model Centre
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!