By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for malcolm woodcock 1

Here is a list of all the postings malcolm woodcock 1 has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Future balsa supplies in UK
22/09/2020 12:10:36

Over the past couple of days I've been looking at kits and ARTFs, most seem to be 'out of stock'. Don't know if this and balsa shortage are connected?

Thread: Excellent service
18/09/2020 12:05:40

Ordered some batteries and charging adapter from 'ModelShopLeeds' 17th, received 18th before lunch. Can't get better than that unless you have your own TARDIS.

Thread: Ebay sellers...
18/08/2020 10:53:17

Shouldn't they add the word 'vintage' to justify the price hike?

Thread: Electric Motor failed ?
10/08/2020 11:08:19

Check against the manufacturers ratings then drop them by a healthy margin. Check your connections from esc to motor, whenever I've had a 'stuttering' problem it usually turns out to be a bad soldering joint either on the motor or the esc.

Thread: So what's happened to the August issue?
29/07/2020 14:54:48

Piers, I know you mean well but things haven't been easy for myself. Ten years ago a paraplegic friend asked me to help with her mother, they had been at that time friends of mine for thirty years, so naturally I agreed. It turned out that my friends mother had dementia and over the next few years the dementia progressed as it normally does and six years ago the care became too much for me on my own and my friend had to retire to look after her mother. Needless to say my flying became less and less as the dementia progressed until for the last two years I managed no flying at all. The mother passed away on 'Mothering Sunday', then lockdown started. I sometimes have meetings on Zoom and if I'm really lucking a skype one-to-one. With the lockdown being gradually lifted there's hope of meeting friend but most of them, naturally want to see their families before they want to see their 72 year old friend, so I'd be grateful if you'd keep your assumptions to yourself. Receiving the magazine is one of the small bright moments but as I fly electric only it is often irrelevant for me so £5.75 is often a waste of money because if there's not enough in the magazine, I won't be buying it from any newsagent.

29/07/2020 12:24:07

July issue stated: RCM&E, August 2020 issue on sale 24th July. I've not received my copy either or anything to say why the delay. Come on Kevin, give us a few answers. I'm moving more to cancelling my subscription than I am to renewing.

Thread: The thread for your subscriber questions and queries **please do not start a new thread**
23/06/2020 17:29:24

When can I expect July's copy of RCM&E through the door?

Thread: Lidl XL glider conversions - Having fun with a Ł7.99 Lidl Glider converted to Radio Control
16/06/2020 11:24:33

Not a Lidl glider but I've picked up one of their mini-drones for flying in the house. It's a lot of fun and not as easy as I had expected it to be.

Thread: Mini E Panic
23/04/2020 06:16:52

Hi, Don't know if anyone can help me on this. I bought a Mini Panic about ten years ago and I'm only just getting around to building it due to family circumstances. The kit I've got came without the foam spacer for the wing ribs build. I was wondering if anybody had a old/spare one. Tried contacting Avicraft but got no response so far

Thread: Benefits of the lockdown
05/04/2020 14:55:14

I might finally get my Mini Panic built, I've only had it 9 years. Hasn't the weather improved in the last two weeks.

Thread: Glue for an EPP model (NOT cyano)
28/03/2020 21:14:12

UHU Porous is fine but avoid the UHU Plus acrylit, it eats foam.

Thread: RCM&E April 2020 issue chat
11/03/2020 16:45:12

Enjoyed Alex Whittaker's article 'The Survivalist Manifesto' about Government intervention in our hobby. I remember the last time and we had to change our frequency. Can anybody tell me what happened to 'Citizen Band Radio'?

Thread: Gemini motor mount.
23/01/2020 08:08:26

If you google the 'Multiplex Gemini - for sale' there are several sites selling aluminium motor mount. I have fitted one on my Gemini and it works great.

Thread: Best/Safe practice or wiring electricmotor - ESC- On off switch - Reciever
05/09/2019 14:58:15

I always have one of the switches on top of my Tx allocated as motor cut off, a switch that can't be accidentally pushed/pulled in the wrong direction. It's the same switch for all my models.

Thread: Best Dremel Clone
06/08/2019 16:27:27

I bought a clone from Lidl a few years back when My Dremel packed in. It wasn't long before I had to buy a new Dremel. I still have the Lidl Purchase but it just didn't have the torque I was used to.

Thread: The thread for your subscriber questions and queries **please do not start a new thread**
25/07/2019 16:37:05

Just renewed my subscription after 3 attempts, don't they want my money? Had a letter from RCM&E stating my renewal had been declined because my credit card had been declined. At this point I had not tried to renew, infact didn't realise that my subscription was running out, talked to a very nice Indian lady on the help line but her accent was inpenetrable and the background noise was so intense, I could not understand a word she said. Has anyone else had this trouble?

Thread: Drone harassment
06/06/2019 16:22:40

I might be over stepping the mark here, but getting one of those kids, high powered, water pistols might be a deterrent..

Thread: lipos not fully charging?
01/06/2019 14:09:18

It was 'impact technology' where I was.

Thread: Cordless - Dremel or Aldi special?
20/05/2019 15:04:00

I bought a Lidl 'Dremel' style rotary tool and it worked fine it just didn't have the same torque as the real thing but was still very useful.

Thread: Spring is here. Who is flying?
03/05/2019 07:29:07

Had hoped to go flying today, first this year, but it's raining. Must not swear.

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
CML
Sussex Model Centre
electricwingman 2017
Slec
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
NEW POLL - has the pandemic altered your event safety perceptions?
Q: Has the covid pandemic deterred you from attending shows and events in 2021?

No, I'll be attending just as many as I usually do
 No, but I'll choose my event with greater care
 Yes, I'll attend fewer events going forward
 Yes, I wont attend any where previously I have

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!