By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Don Fry

Here is a list of all the postings Don Fry has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: To Sell or Not to Sell
14/06/2019 09:07:57

My very real fear is selling the house. Been made redundant and then having to stay put at my mums until i find another job, get another mortgage etc

As long as you think you can do the mortgage if redundant, you've worked out the best advice. Doesn't life just suck. Thinking of you.

Thread: Understanding the numbers....
13/06/2019 19:03:58

How do you do that, Roger. Not aware the transmitter has that facility. I use a DX9, but have never much explored telemetry, as I install a secondary telemetry unit, check the system is good, and then remove the unit.

One thought I have had, is I often ( normally) install my aerials in either fuel tube, or drinking straws. It allows then to bridge gaps and spaces without being vulnerable, and allows straight runs.

Thread: Hi All
13/06/2019 12:34:10

G'day Mark

13/06/2019 06:32:20

The range check has always been about 28 paces, even back in the 27 meg days. Wouldn't worry about it.

i once had a technical issue with HobbyKing. A couple of days went by, and I got a phone call from a HK technical bloke in the USA. Sorted me out. Rang back a day later the make sure I was good, and could close the case.

Thread: Good news thread.
12/06/2019 20:13:58
Posted by Martin Harris on 12/06/2019 20:08:50:

Thought for the a rainy day.

If a misery guts is only happy when he's moaning, is a moan actually happy news?

Edited By Martin Harris on 12/06/2019 20:10:14

I'm still trying to work that one out.

Thread: TV Licence petition
12/06/2019 20:11:04

May your propellor remain unbroken, Doc

12/06/2019 20:09:30

Respect Malcolm. I tried no television, but my beloved vetoed the idea. She got a man in to sort the aerial out.

12/06/2019 19:59:59

Who's planet are you living on. I've lived with a 15 to 20 percent pay cut for the past three years, I've no idea if France will kick me out. The list is depressing.

Clarifying what?

12/06/2019 19:40:36

I pay taxes in the U.K., I am a British citizen.

Your comment means?

Thread: Good news thread.
12/06/2019 19:34:14

Thunder storm just clearing. Four week holiday, water packed in on the caravan, as did the bog flush. The wind blew all the time. The only flying I got was illegal, but if any full size fancies flying under the trees, guilty.

Got back, house has a leak. Tame plumber, in Bordeaux until August. Sorted it myself, too old to do this.

Not too bad.

Thread: TV Licence petition
12/06/2019 19:22:02

Steady on lads, Honest Boris is coming to save us, assuming he has got out of bed.

I'm quite ashamed I consort with such views. Pity I fly aircraft.

I think the BBC is a bit Right wing. There you go.

Tin hat not needed. Nuclear fallout suit donned.

10/06/2019 18:50:07

Roger, one aerial hasn't been moved, one is a problem. I might investigate that aerial.

But does anyone have a comment about my hypothesis that is there is a satalite attached, it will normally show SOME fades, and if no fades it isn't working.

10/06/2019 14:57:26

I agree, the installation does not look rubbish. But I still think you do not have a fully functioning satalite. The L or R should give a reading. And the A aerial is not doing you any favours? One thought, I assume the Rx has only one satalite socket, I was perusing something and there is an order you use the sockets when you have more than one.

And I'm coming to the end of my knowledge of these things.

just a point, I think you have your servo ferules upside down. The flanged end should be between the servo and its mounting beams/plates. So when the screw clamps down, it can't crush the rubber antivibration washer. And those

09/06/2019 20:13:17

From your first query, I quote;

1st flight

A - 1326, B - 158, F - 286, H - 0, L - 0, R - 0

2nd flight

The numbers were more or less about the same but included 2 Holds.

Now, I note, the Land R numbers are 0(zero). That is the satalite is it not. Does that mean the satalite has no fades, or not connected. Because in computer gibberish a programmer will set the field at zero, on the assumption it is connected. Programmers have only a nebulous contact with reality. You might be best advised to contact HobbyKing, they might (we hope) know.

09/06/2019 20:13:15

From your first query, I quote;

1st flight

A - 1326, B - 158, F - 286, H - 0, L - 0, R - 0

2nd flight

The numbers were more or less about the same but included 2 Holds.

Now, I note, the Land R numbers are 0(zero). That is the satalite is it not. Does that mean the satalite has no fades, or not connected. Because in computer gibberish a programmer will set the field at zero, on the assumption it is connected. Programmers have only a nebulous contact with reality. You might be best advised to contact HobbyKing, they might (we hope) know.

09/06/2019 12:54:45

Short of some real understanding of how these things actually work, i.e. Is the magic installed by the virgin assembler of the thing, all I can suggest is you swap it out for a known good one.

Thread: If I fit floats to my Senior Telemaster will I need a more powerful engine?
09/06/2019 11:06:40

Bloke who wrote the Windermere article has a knack off getting the subject covered in few words. If you are flying with a glow plug, fit a water rudder. They can be a bitch to direct and there is no reverse like a leccy floateur.

Thread: Drone harassment
08/06/2019 06:37:56

Yes, defence of lawful authority. If you and yours are being threatened by the drown. But you are on dangerous ground if you try to manufacture the threat.

And we were talking about peeping tom, overflying to irritate.

But you either take advice or not. Over the age of consent.

07/06/2019 14:29:55

Totally irrelevent anyway, the ANO is a minor law, hitting the drone down comes out as Criminal Damge, section I, Criminal Damage Act 1967, an arrestable offence, max, 5 or 10 years, can't rember which. Defence is lawful authority or reasonable excuse. Can't see either applying. Argue as you wish, but I don't think your barrister will want to tell a judge your law interpretation, with comments, like your funeral mate.

Thread: Cheap delta trainer...
07/06/2019 06:29:38

Look up 2 channel radio control airplane on E Bay. There are a couple of delta types, complete for about £25 delivered.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
electricwingman 2017
Wings & Wheels 2019
Revoc
Pepe Aircraft
Motion RC
Slec
Gliders Distribution
CML
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Does your club have a safety officer?
Q: Does your club have a safety officer, or is the emphasis on individual members to each be their own safety officer?

Yes we have a SO
 No, it's down to everyone

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us