By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for adrian lawrence 1

Here is a list of all the postings adrian lawrence 1 has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Is A Laser Printer The Answer?
11/06/2016 22:37:20

All the inkjet printers we have owned have never performed too well. Basically down to the fact that there were extended periods between use, leading to clogged nozzles and the printer wasting ink by repeated cleaning runs. We purchased a colour laser printer about 4 years ago and it's been fine fairly cheap to run too as compatible toner cartridges are only £38 for a set of 4 from Amazon..

Thread: Transmitter compatibilty
02/03/2016 00:37:00

Take a look here Geoff. **LINK** There is a compatibility chart on the page. Basically you need to add a couple of modules to a Walkera transmitter. I have one and use it for all my indoor models. The list of models covered is quite comprehensive  

Edited By adrian lawrence 1 on 02/03/2016 00:40:40

Thread: If I strapped a duvet to myself and jumped off of the cliffs at folkstone.......
26/02/2016 08:23:21

I would need more than s RedBull after doing that!!

Thread: No Throttle Control (AR610+Ripmax 40a esc)!
01/01/2016 11:22:21

Have you tried reversing had throttle? (Prop off of course)

01/01/2016 11:13:29

Hi, is your throttle trim at its lowest point?

Thread: Is this motor overkill?
13/11/2015 00:31:22

Hi Dave, from the figures you have quoted (given that the nominal voltage of a 2s pack is 7.4v) the wattage given by your combination is 21.6 watts which is extremely low for a model of this weight. On a 2212 100kv motor I use a 10x4.5 inch prop, and would expect to be using a bigger prop on the NTM motor you currently have fitted. Hope this is of help, cheers Adrian

P.S. The model looks nice, my friend has the original sized one and it flies extremely well.

Edited By adrian lawrence 1 on 13/11/2015 00:41:50

Thread: cutting and slotting 60 ribs in 60 minutes! (plus a bit of time for a jig)
25/10/2015 10:35:19

Many thanks for sharing Simon. It looks a great way of producing ribs, will try it myself on my next build.

Thread: Registration of ALL unmanned aircraft
20/10/2015 10:24:13

I'm not too sure that 99% of aero modellers operate lawfully. Although many multi rotor flyers may be in clubs, many (although not all) operate fpv transmitters that are illegal both in power output and frequency and do not fly line of sight. I enjoy flying multi rotors myself and do not have an issue with them, however it's quite obvious that a lot are being flown in contravention af the ANO.

Thread: hobbyking frustation
29/09/2015 07:49:40

Can't you just open another account with them? I have had to do this in the past with one supplier (not Hobbyking) when this happened to me.

Thread: bind extension lead
06/09/2015 20:19:06

Hi Jon, yes it's fine to do so, it's something I do myself. Cheers Adrian

Thread: Rallying Disaster
06/09/2015 09:32:56

Yes it is very sad. People go to these events for the spills and the thrills, unfortunately they end up sometimes as on e of the spills themselves. I cringe with horror when I see spectators standing on a bend at a rally course. I would Imagine it would be highly problematic trying to keep spectators out of harms way during these events and add significantly to the cost. I'm not sure how old the vehicle was, but I imagine that any vehicle no matter what it's age would be susceptible to failure due to the rigours of the course.

Thread: Where are we going to fly?
06/09/2015 09:19:50

If, and it's a big if, it does happen then and Amazon and the like will have to geofence to avoid existing flying sites, just as they would have to do with restricted areas and airspace. Personally I cant see it happening unless there is a massive advance in battery technology.

Thread: Urgent and important petition - Please sign
03/09/2015 20:53:32

Signed

Thread: Small 12V wind turbines
01/09/2015 00:28:15

Hi, apart from some of the limitations already mentioned I dont think that a brushless motor would work too well as a generator. A friend and I tried generating power with one some years ago and very little voltage and current was produced. We put this down to the amount of magnets on the rotor not giving enough variation in the magnetic field over the stator coils, and thus the lack of efficiency.

We were going to remove alternative magnets to see if that gave better results, alas something that was abandoned due to other projects taking precedence.

Adrian

Thread: Plug-in wings for a Super 60
29/08/2015 20:21:06

Thanks for the information MrTin, and you too Peter, I hadn't known that fact Regards Adrian

29/08/2015 18:28:52

Sounds like a good idea. I've been toying with something similar myself, at though with the wings having half the centre section attached to each panel. This would be then banded on as normal. I build mine with no dihedral at all and with ailerons having quite a deep chord, it's still very stable. Just out of interest what diameter tubes are you going to use? I was going to use 2 x 4mm piano wire in brass tubing. Cheers Adrian

Thread: Yet another Ripmax Ripoff
26/08/2015 00:32:18

I can sympathise with you Kevin, in the past I have struggled with them. Once was when I wanted a spare prop adaptor for a brushless motor, which I was told was not available. When I complained about lack of support for something that was not cheap I received the item. I had a couple of the WOT 4 Mk2's (electric ARTF) both had a larger motor fitted and still required 120gms of lead to balance. This was due to the entire rear of the models being constructed from birch ply. I tried contacting Ripmax several times and had no response at all. People moan about Hobbyking, howevever in my experience their customer service and support is far better. I try to avoid anything that is distributed by Ripmax these days.

Edited By adrian lawrence 1 on 26/08/2015 00:33:07

Thread: Hobby King Covering
20/08/2015 10:49:59

place a piece of masking tape each side at an edge and simply pull off the backing. The hair will grow back I hope, mine hasn't.

Thread: Laser cut ribs for Wot4 & other classic designs
15/08/2015 18:26:39

I have have purchased some ribs and some flite test style horns from this seller, and can confirm that the quality of the ribs and the service provided is excellent. 

Edited By adrian lawrence 1 on 15/08/2015 18:27:42

Thread: "drones" on Radio 2 ...
06/08/2015 08:46:10

Unless I'm reading it wrongly Maplin's appear to have their "control" and "video" frequencies the wrong way round!

• With new 5.8 GHz Remote Control and Receiver
• Featherweight 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi Camera With 720p/30 fps HD Video.

Maybe not jrman, some quads do use 5.8ghz for control. Parrot stated that it was allowed when I queried it with them. I emailed offcom, but surprise surprise, no answer.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Gliders Distribution
Pepe Aircraft
electricwingman 2017
Addlestone Models
Cambridge Gliding Club
Slec
CML
Wings & Wheels 2019
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
New Poll - Sticky situations...
Q: How often - when using superglue - do you end up with it on your fingers?

Every time
 Occasionally
 Sometimes
 Rarely
 Never
 Wear rubber gloves

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us