By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for martin Rowley 1

Here is a list of all the postings martin Rowley 1 has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: The Building of the BebBit
21/06/2011 09:38:42
Maidened mine yesterday, took a long time to ROG, then shot vertical, used loads of down trim and it still had a tendency to nose up. C of G on the spar, weighs 2 1/2 lb and 300 watts to power it.
Reduced the power and noticed that the plane was more stable, though now had a tendency to dive, so I'm thinking more downthrust is needed. It wasn't too bad on the glide, though I had to keep the nose up to compensate for all the down I'd dialled in under power.
Got the plane down ok, and reset the subtrim on the elevator, tried a second flight, long ROG again, shot vertical into a stall turn at 10'. Vertical arrival. Firewalls gone, but the wing looks ok.
Thread: Greenacres
04/05/2011 23:55:33

Hopefully have my Webbit finished and test flown by then - I've no excuse not to go - only 10mins drive!
Martin, Webbiteer no 50

Thread: A little Easter giveaway.....
23/04/2011 15:32:03
Thank you very much.

Martin
Thread: Danny's BoBbit Build
19/04/2011 00:27:04
Danny,
Fantastic build! Time lapse video is a brilliant idea! The only problem with yours and Chris Botts build is that I've been so busy watching progress on them that my own build has slown (to a crawl). Wish I could build like that.
Incidentally, it was Chris Bott that turned up at greenacres Club night with the Webbit kit - my own 'building' - if you can call it that - is assembling foamies like the pico jet and twinstar. I've learned a tremendous amount so far with the Webbit build, and knowledge can only be increased by building blogs like this.I'm all for the mass build - I don't think I would have attempted it otherwise.

Regards, Martin

Thread: Chris's Webbit
14/04/2011 22:27:50
Chris,
Clever bloke!I'll be interested to see it fly this weekend if I get the chance to get out!
Martin
Thread: Charity Mass Build - In Build Chat Thread
07/04/2011 23:01:56
Love it! Even though I've seen it and aware of it, I bet I end up doing the same!
Martin
Thread: Chris's Webbit
07/04/2011 21:30:25
I'm amazed at your productivity.I keep meaning to get on with mine, but end up watching your build instead. Nice cowl assembly!
Martin

PS: Thanks for the mention on the u/c idea. You can blame me if it's too bouncy!

04/04/2011 23:23:38
You can come round and do mine! I expect yours will be done by the weekend.Great job Chris!
02/04/2011 23:38:46
Blimey Chris, you get on at a fair rate of knots. Looks good, as usual with your planes.
Martin
02/04/2011 00:35:30
Chris, you're a quick worker! Looks good, hope mine turns out half as good.
Martin
Thread: Charity Mass Build Signing Up Thread
02/04/2011 00:23:54
Posted by Chris Bott on 01/04/2011 19:29:08:
Hi Martin, welcome to the build.

Yours is one of the Greenacres eight isn't it?
Cheers
Chris

Yes Chris, I'm learning a lot already!

01/04/2011 19:11:24
Got my kit and started building.
Martin
Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
electricwingman 2017
Sussex Model Centre
Wings & Wheels 2019
CML
Cambridge Gliding Club
Slec
CADMA
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Do you use a throttle kill switch?
Q: This refers to electric-powered models but do you use a throttle kill switch?

Yes
 No
 Sometimes
 Rarely

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us