By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Graham R

Here is a list of all the postings Graham R has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Warbird Replicas Bf 110 club.
24/02/2017 12:00:58

I'm having difficulty seeing the differences between b, c,d, and e variants and so can't make my mind up.

Thread: Six Nations Rugby Union 2017
11/02/2017 18:58:54

What a game!!! Good result

05/02/2017 15:33:37

Think it's all over for Italy now

04/02/2017 17:11:32

What a great opening match.

04/02/2017 13:25:15

True.

Enjoy the Maltsmile p

04/02/2017 10:57:03

I think the Irish will be there to spoil the party.

Thread: Kit builders, what would you like???
03/02/2017 12:44:41

Any news on the BF110 yet.

Thread: Who wants a Warbird Replics Hurricane?
28/01/2017 11:15:28

I still make it 13, (don't forget Richard Wills has two by his name. Would have loved a Hurricane but there wasn't any planned just before Christmas, so I bought his Spitfire instead. I also have a BF110 on order so I have my fill for the moment.

28/01/2017 10:55:09

Thats good, 13 Hurricanes along with all the BF110's should keep Richard busy for a little while.

Thread: Binding and updating
25/01/2017 16:54:08

Posted by MattyB on 25/01/2017 13:42:55:

Yes, that sounds like the right file - to be absolutely certain, here is where you download it from the FrSky site.

Assuming you have got he right file the issue must be the method you are using. Are you sure you chose the right file from the Firmwares folder, and that you chose "Flash internal module"? from the menu?

Hi Matt,

Thanks for the link. I downloaded the the file, loaded in onto SD card and updated the Tx. This time it all went ok.( perhaps it was different to mine). Anyway tried my X8D receivers non would bind. tried the troublesome X6D - wouldn't bind. Downloaded the X8D-LBT software and wrote it to both X8R's - both bound with no problems(guess they were previously on int version.

Loaded same software onto X6R, tried to bind -Failed

Conclusion Tx now on current EU LBT s/w along with 2 X8R's

1 X6R stuffed

Tested my old D8RII's - still working fine.

What do you think?

24/01/2017 21:44:32

Sorry, forgot to show the file extension. It does end with .frk

24/01/2017 21:14:58

Posted by MattyB on 23/01/2017 11:50:47:

Posted by Chris Bott - Moderator on 23/01/2017 00:00:21:
If it were me, I'd probably bite the bullet and resign myself to flashing TX and all Rxs to a known version. EU-LBT probably, to ensure any new receivers would work.

Yes, you are probably right - long term that is the most efficient way to go, especially as it does not sound like Graham has that many RXs. Now he is on OpenTX 2.1 he can do this relatively straightforwardly from the TX itself.

Graham, based on the above I would say you have two distinct problems here that we can tackle quite separately:

1. Possible faulty RX - Either find someone locally to you who can try binding it, or send it to one of us and we will test it for you.
  2. Getting your TX and all receivers to a single, known version of RF firmware - This might take a little more time sort term, but will pay back long term as you will never have to play with any new receivers you buy; they will just work out of the box. My suggestion would be that you flash your internal TX module and just one of the currently working X series receivers to EU LBT firmware, then verify you can bind it. Assuming that works (and there is no reason it should not), you then need to flash all of your other working RXs to EU LBT by the same method. Again follow the FrSky instructions carefully and tips in this thread and it should work fine.

Edited By MattyB on 23/01/2017 11:51:36

XJT_LBT_build151223

I'm sorry, it's me again. Is this the file for the RF firmware.If it is than i'm sorry to report that it fails half way through installing.Error message is Firmware update error .

23/01/2017 11:50:15
Posted by Bob Cotsford on 23/01/2017 11:08:59:

Graham did say way back that this is an early Taranis so it's almost certain to have started on ROW XJT firmware. It's quite possibly a faulty Rx, but without another Tx of known status there's no way of knowing.

Graham, what area do you live in or have I missed that in a previous post? Maybe there's someone nearby who could help, failing that would you be prepared to post it to one of us to test?

edit - just gone back and found out that Graham is in West Sussex, bit of a trawl to pop round to me in Brum!

Edited By Bob Cotsford on 23/01/2017 11:13:39

Yes it is definitely an early Tx. I think that the Receiver in question is new.

I am very happy to send my Rx away.

When I retired, I did treat myself to a rather nice Jeti system as I was having quite a few problems with the Taranis

(The problem that everybody is kindly trying to sort out for me).

Due to the cost of receivers I was going to use the Taranis for hack models.

22/01/2017 20:47:11

Yes, I have also been binding some of my other receivers X8R , D8r and both are binding ok

22/01/2017 20:40:03

Hi Chris, I am almost at the end with this one.

Have tried your suggestion - alas still blinking red after trying to bind.

There can't be many more things to try.

22/01/2017 20:08:59
Posted by MattyB on 21/01/2017 01:01:58:
Posted by Graham Russell on 20/01/2017 21:07:03:

I have tried downloading any of the other files but each time i try to copy it to the sd card interiors saying

The Finder can’t complete the operation because some data in “X8RX6R_eu_150602.frk” can’t be read or written.
(Error code -36

Any Ideas

How are you doing the transfer? I always use the USB cable and it is 100% reliable. Ail and rudder trims to centre and switch on simultaneously, then connect via USB and the SD should appear as a removable drive.

Hi Matt

I am writing it directly onto the SD card.

I have downloaded the file from Chris (thank you) and written it to the X6R .The bad news is that it will still not bind.

I don't blame you all if your'e losing patience with this problem. Think that I should forget this Rx as I have a couple of other receivers to use.

thanks once again to all

Thread: Who wants a Warbird Replics Hurricane?
22/01/2017 10:41:02
Posted by Glynn on 20/01/2017 14:17:39:
Hello
Let me introduce myself to this thread.
I'm Glynn and I produce the vinyl graphics for Richards WarbirdReplicas aircraft.
I am a model flyer, currently making a one off Chipmunk from a set of foam wings Richard had in his loft. What it will have is a Custom set of Decals,as you guy's know Richard will go the extra mile to ensure you chap's get the model you want and so will I. So I can produce a set of decals of an individual aircraft to make your Hurricane unique. All I need is pictures of the aircraft or pointers to it on the internet and I will do the rest. You can contact me through the warbirdreplicas.co.uk web site or PM me on here.

Will this also apply to the bf 110?

Thread: Binding and updating
20/01/2017 21:07:03

I have tried downloading any of the other files but each time i try to copy it to the sd card interiors saying

The Finder can’t complete the operation because some data in “X8RX6R_eu_150602.frk” can’t be read or written.
(Error code -36

Any Ideas

19/01/2017 20:42:44

sorry it's me again

I unpacked the file and put it into FIRMWARES on the SD card

Ran the write to Rx. All seemed to go ok.

Tried to bind it - won't bind. Red led just flashes.

19/01/2017 17:43:44

Mode 1 or Mode 2

Mac or Windows

Similar type arguments.

Me - Mode 1 and Mac.

I guess we can't all be rightsmiley

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
CML
Wings & Wheels 2019
Slec
Pepe Aircraft
Gliders Distribution
Cambridge Gliding Club
electricwingman 2017
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Do you use a throttle kill switch?
Q: This refers to electric-powered models but do you use a throttle kill switch?

Yes
 No
 Sometimes
 Rarely

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us