By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Graham R

Here is a list of all the postings Graham R has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Binding and updating
10/01/2017 18:33:10

Think I have got a bit fed up with my Taranisangry

10/01/2017 18:27:31

Hi Chris

I think my Taranis must have died. Just did as you suggested , it started loading some software and now all that happens is the speaker sounds like a machine gun and nothing else happens.

10/01/2017 18:13:04

Andy, found path setting in "set up communications" path is now set correctly.

tried write firmware to tx. error message "new f/w not compatible with one currently installed" back again.

10/01/2017 17:55:37

sorry Andy, Just downloaded dfu-util and installed.

can't find the burn prefs in companion

10/01/2017 17:23:49

Thanks Chris

10/01/2017 17:13:44

Done that and it reports ' directory missing"

directories on sd card are bmp, docs.firmware, models, sounds, videos, logs, eeproms

and files sadie_xp.exe and sadie.exe (probably left over when i had a pc)

and companion9xinstall_vt1.32.exe

10/01/2017 16:58:44

Hi Chris

Done that

Switched on taranis audio output - "switch warning" then nothing

10/01/2017 16:17:41

Just thought about that

Macbook Pro

MacOs Sierra 10.12.2

10/01/2017 15:58:07

Looking at the filename I had eu set.

Just done another download without eu

pressed 'write firmware to radio' - then different message came up - 'executable/opt/local/bin/dfu-util not found.

progress? where do I find this file and where should it reside?

Graham

10/01/2017 15:39:13

I did change the settings in opentx prior to downloading the latest firmware last night.

I have tried it again today. The file I downloaded was called - 'open-taranis-no-heli-massstorage-mixersmon-eu-en.bin

then pressed 'write firmware to Radio' button. Same message as last night 'new f/w not compatible with one currently installed.

Graham

10/01/2017 11:59:25

Hi Chris,

I'm lucky as I have recently retired.

My Tx is a Taranis.

Regards

Graham

09/01/2017 23:15:12

`thank you Yes, Speak tomorrow

09/01/2017 23:06:30

Taranis BootLoader - 2.0.12

Write Firmware

Restore EEPRM

Exit

09/01/2017 22:44:27
Posted by Chris Bott - Moderator on 09/01/2017 21:59:04:

I downloaded the latest companion from a link that someone gave me, saved it on the mac went into opentx , connect up my taranisto the Mac pressed the 'write firmware to radio button . The file it wrote was taranisplus-en.bin

I guess this was the wrong. file.

Hope this helps

OK, can you tell us which version of Companion you have now? It usually tells you right at the top. If not then click Help then About.

What you needed to do was to set up companion so it matches your particular Taranis exactly. That's in Settings - Settings - Radio Type.

ONLY AFTER you've done that, should you download the firmware for the Taranis. That's by File - Download, and save it somewhere you can remember.

Once dowloaded, it needs to be written to the Taranis. At this stage you need to ensure that you're writing the version (filename) that you just downloaded.

companion s/w = 2.1.9

i have tried installing both eu and _en

after writing to Tx err message - new f/w not compatible with one currently installed.

09/01/2017 20:48:14
Posted by Chris Bott - Moderator on 09/01/2017 17:54:12:

Whereabouts are you Graham? I wonder if there's a kindly forumite nearby who might be able to help if you could meet?

Hi Chris,

West Sussex

09/01/2017 20:47:12
d itPosted by Andy48 on 09/01/2017 15:57:38:

Graham

You need to explain what you have done so far, otherwise everyone is just guessing.

I downloaded the latest companion from a link that someone gave me, saved it on the mac went into opentx , connect up my taranisto the Mac pressed the 'write firmware to radio button . The file it wrote was taranisplus-en.bin

I guess this was the wrong. file.

Hope this helps

09/01/2017 10:06:57

Tale of Woe

Hi Guys,

I thought I would go the route of updating Tx then receivers.

Something has gone wrong. When I switch on the Tx I get the audio message "welcome to etc", the backlight flashes on then off and that it.

Ah well, back to the drawing board.sad

Graham

08/01/2017 19:56:57

Sorry, but I am beginning to get confused as to what I should do.

It seems to me that I need to bite the bullet and just bring it all up to date (EU-LBT), that way its job done starting I presume with the Tx and OpenTx .

Will you still be able to help me go down this route?

If I do this, will I still be able to use all my old receivers?with the relevant updates

Thanks to Chris and Andy for your continued help.

Graham

08/01/2017 12:28:47

How do I find out what firmware I have in my Tx. Am I right in thinking that this may need updating.(how can I tell)

All this talk about firmware is confusing. Am I right in thinking that there are 2 types in my Taranis, 1 for transmission and the other the user interface, and another set of firmware downloads for my receivers.

I have just tested a few of my receivers

1) 2 - X8R's appear to bind ok.

2)1- X6rR won't bind . red led just flashes.

3)1 - D8R-II Appears to bind but red led stays on.

Sorry to be a pain

Graham

07/01/2017 22:40:02

Hi Chris

I have a mixture of D, V and X receivers. Will I need to set them to EU LBT version to us them in the UK.

2) Where do I download firmware from.

3)What directory on the sd card will the f/w need to be loaded on.

4How will the receivers be upgrade/down graded

5)Does having a mixture of old and new type receivers cause problems? or are they all loaded with the same firmware.

Im sorry for so many questions but I really want to try to sort my system out.

Graham

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Support Our Partners
electricwingman 2017
Cambridge Gliding Club
CML
Wings & Wheels 2019
Slec
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Do you use a throttle kill switch?
Q: This refers to electric-powered models but do you use a throttle kill switch?

Yes
 No
 Sometimes
 Rarely

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us