By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Graham R

Here is a list of all the postings Graham R has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: The State of Play
07/05/2020 12:37:22

I must admit I had never heard of Warbird Replicas until 2 or 3 years ago when browsing this site and came across one of your postings regarding closing down due to poor sales. That’s when I took the plunge and bought my 1st (a Spit). I am not a beginner, starting building in the early ‘70s and was involved with a kit manufacturer for a number of years flying and selling at all the old shows during the 90’s. Your kits are my 1st venture into warbirds. I have always been under the impression that warbirds have the flying characteristics of a brick. Seeing the various videos of your designs have changed my mind. My 109 and Spitfire are still being completed and the 110 is awaiting a maiden hopefully sometime this year.

Edited By Graham R on 07/05/2020 12:38:03

Thread: Warbird Replicas Spitfire LF mk IXc
07/05/2020 10:01:28

Thank you Glynn. Please let me know what I owe. (via pm is probably best)

06/05/2020 23:09:26

Hi Glynn, My printer is the creality ender3 pro. If I can’t print it can I get them through you or Richard.

06/05/2020 22:38:54

I could do with a download of the exhaust design so I could print it off Have tried designing my own but my cad experience is somewhat lacking.

Thread: Warbird Replica Spitfire MKix
09/04/2020 20:28:19

I have just started building mine which I've had in stock for a couple of years. Anybody contemplating one - it's a very enjoyable and relatively easy build that goes together well. Nice quality Richard.

Thread: Warbird Replicas Bf 109 club.
02/03/2020 20:52:25
Posted by RICHARD WILLS on 02/03/2020 14:24:40:

Graham , PM sent .

Richard

👍

01/03/2020 10:46:45

Hi Paul, not sure whether I’ve asked you before. The paint you used on the 109. Is it emulsion as recommended by Richard. If so, are they std colours or did you get them matched some how to represent RLM74,75 and 76.

I have looked at fighteraces epoxy paint. Only sold in 1/2 pint tins @ nearly £20 per tin.

Any help would be appreciated as usual

regards

Thread: Warbird Replicas Bf 110 club.
25/02/2020 20:58:31

Hi Graham,

I'm down at Porthtowen again in the summer hols. Must try and pop in if that's allowed.

19/02/2020 23:26:54

Hi Graham, nice to see that you have restarted the build.I still haven’t got round to maiden mine yet. Hopefully this will happen in the spring. Last summer we popped into the steam & country fair at Stithians showground. As well as steam there was a good modelling presence. Is your club involved with that?

Thread: What weight cloth for Cowl?
11/02/2020 18:30:35

Keep a check on the amount of resin you use. Ideally weight of resin = total weight of glass. anything more is just adding weight but no strength.

As everybody else had said use epoxy rather than polyester.

Thread: Spitfire plans
11/02/2020 18:20:03

Hi Howard,

Welcome to the forum. I am not being negative but there are a number of things to bear in mind in this great hobby.. The 1st model that most new people on the list to own is a Spitfire. Fantastic choice BUT warbirds are not really suitable to cut ones teeth on.

PLEASE consider a trainer type model either foam or built up. this way you should achieve success in learning to fly (with help from a local club flyer).

Not sure that you will find a 3ft model. The norm is from about 48" upwards. (larger models tend to be a little more stable). I would certainly recommend contacting a local club 1st to see the type of models they fly, radio gear etc etc.

Please feel free to ask any questions on here that you may have.

Graham

Thread: Show Us Your 3D Prints
01/02/2020 14:54:23

Just setup my Creality Ender pro. Just need to get to grips with fusion.

Good idea to have an rc aircraft group.

Hope the links work soon.

19/01/2020 10:49:06

Nice exhaust stacks!

Glynn, I think its always good to carry a little of your DNA on board. Its a permanent reminder of the blood, sweat and consumption of Haribo's that you put into the build.

Mine is all primed and ready to be sprayed when I can decide what scheme to use.

Thread: Dust extractor
29/12/2019 19:55:11

Hi Stuart,

I had the same problem about mounting on the ceiling. In the instructions it states that you can place it on a table or on the floor. mine is on a table near the workbench. I hope that this helps.

When sanding I use a dust mask as advised from here. www.dustmasksdirect.co.uk  

I phoned them and the guy asked me what materials, solvents,resins, wood etc I use. and advised accordingly.

Ended up with a dust filter plus a particulate add on filter (PR2) for toxic dust, fumes etc  when I'm epoxy laminating etc. Really helpful, well worth a look.

I would recommend anyone who creates balsa dust etc to protect their airways.

Hope that this is useful

G

Edited By Graham R on 29/12/2019 20:29:49

29/12/2019 17:55:50

Hi,

two weeks ago I invested in one of these - https://www.toolsandtimber.co.uk/tools/dust-extraction/workshop-air-filtration as I am now under the hospital for inflamed throat caused by workshop dust.

The difference is amazing. I think the one I bought is more powerful than the jet 500., which means I keep it on all the time when in the workshop on the 1st setting. the noise is acceptable.

Thread: My Spitfire Tribute
19/12/2019 14:18:57

Thanks Cliff Really nice tracks

19/12/2019 07:58:24

Great video. Enjoyed the 1st track on the video. Who was it and what is it called?

Thread: Folland gnat
29/11/2019 19:37:14

Is that the TN free plan version? It's the next one on my list after the Jet provost is finished.

Thread: New EDF Mini Jets- Jet Provost & Folland Gnat
29/10/2019 17:30:00

Would like to know how you get the black so neat around the curves of the nose without creases in.

Edited By Graham R on 29/10/2019 17:30:27

23/09/2019 21:23:30

Evening all,

I have this foam veneered part for the 109 part. I am not sure how it is used.

Has anyone got a picture of it installed on the underside.img_6774.jpeg

Thanks

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
CML
electricwingman 2017
Slec
Sussex Model Centre
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!