By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Graham R

Here is a list of all the postings Graham R has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Warbird Replicas Spitfire LF mk IXc
08/07/2020 17:36:38

I am at the stage where I can apply paint to mine. I can't use normal solvent based paints due to health reasons so I am left with acrylics. Having looked at most of the brands, there is quite a variation of colour for shades of the same name.

I know that a number get their emulsion mixed at a diy store. but to do that you need to take a good printed sample which I don't have.

I don't mind which colour scheme. Aircraft will be a mk5 with no invasion stripes. paint will be airbrushed.

Thank you.

Thread: The State of Play
05/07/2020 16:04:37

Sorry, can’t keep up with the acronyms generated on here. Got too much building to do.

Thread: Vinyl cutter
27/06/2020 09:29:42
Posted by Danny Fenton on 26/06/2020 22:43:02:

I have the very old Craft Robo, the forerunner to the Cameo and it is excellent. I should upgrade to A3 as I am struggling with the 210mm width. I cannot get replacement blades for the CC200 and although the Cameo blades fit they don't cut as well as the older blades.

But a few hundreds pound very well spent.

I use the 100 micron paint-mask material from MetaMark, I have tried others but keep coming back to them.

792.jpg

Everything you can see was done on the plotter, roundels, stencils reg and nomenclature.

I have a plug in for Illustrator so do all the graphics heavy work in Illustrator.

Cheers

Danny

Danny, Could you tell me which details are vinyl and which ace been sprayed using a paint mask.

I have only used coloured vinyl so far, only trouble is that there is a limited range of useful colours.

Graham

26/06/2020 22:08:51

I agree with Martin. I also have a Silhouette Cameo. I have only used it for decals so far, both vinyl and print and cut.

I find it very useful (so do other club members).

Thread: Warbirds replicas Tempest
19/06/2020 09:49:58

Richard

A 63" Tempest would be purrrrfect. Proper Job

Thread: Spitfire cannons
18/06/2020 23:01:00

I know that this is an old thread. Did anything come it as the wr spitfire is on my building board.

18/06/2020 23:00:02

I know that this is an old thread. Did anything come it as the wr spitfire is on my building board.

Thread: Warbirds replicas Tempest
16/06/2020 23:34:51

A Tempest!!!!

16/06/2020 14:05:22

Thank you Richard once again. It’s a problem I don’t usually encounter with tailskid sports models or whisper ’gliders’. Hopefully I got away with mentioning the “G” word without disturbing the masses. 😃😇😇.

15/06/2020 22:00:11

Tailwheel arrangement help needed.

Looking at the supplied tailwheel bracket it looks as if the tailwheel will be off centre of the fus . Is this correct.

Any pictures of a complex one would be useful Thanks

Thread: Warbirds Replicas P51 Mustang
28/05/2020 22:08:52

Go easy on them Richard. I’m sure that Sweep was led on. It’s not in his nature to terrorise the public. If they behave and get started on the Mustangs and other bits, I’ll treat them to a bag of their favourite Haribo.

27/05/2020 15:20:10

Hi Jonny,

I will try and answer your question

1) Very difficult to answer this, if you have basic diy skills, patience and can follow instructions then I would say yes. There are lots of threads on here following people’s builds.

2) Yes, wings are removable.

3) To enquire as to the availability of them it would be best to either email or pm Richard Wills direct.

17/05/2020 14:39:53

Having got to the stage of fettling the wing fillets and how it goes around the cowl, I have come to the conclusion that the cowl does not need to be removable . If the only reason is to be able to remove the motor why not enlarge the hole at the front of the cowl so it can be removed from out of the front.The fillet could then be fitted to the cowl. Any comments welcome.

Thread: Coffin dodger needs help.
15/05/2020 21:29:32

Did you manage to get any advice prior to your purchase? Its always recommended to contact a club to get the best possible advice if you can. Someone will be able to help set up and check your model over, obtain insurance and get CAA registration

Thread: Warbirds Replicas P51 Mustang
15/05/2020 21:02:39

Richard, Please put me down for a P51B -. This lot will keep you busy for a few days.

Thread: Professional 2D CAD free of charge
13/05/2020 21:29:36

Thank you Barrie. Just looked it up and there is no Mac version.

13/05/2020 14:41:54

This maybe a silly question - if it’s 2d how can it be used with a 3D printer?

Thread: The State of Play
11/05/2020 22:52:16

A P51 would be nice, B17 would be a bit too expensive as you need 4 of everything, Tiffie or Defiant also possible candidates.

09/05/2020 17:44:03

Ps. Chippies are also rather nice..

09/05/2020 17:04:02

Well Richard, we can’t leave your talent sitting around doing not a lot wink. We might have to cross the two boys with

a bag or two of Haribos. I’m sure they can motivate you.

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
CML
Slec
Sussex Model Centre
electricwingman 2017
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
NEW POLL - has the pandemic altered your event safety perceptions?
Q: Has the covid pandemic deterred you from attending shows and events in 2021?

No, I'll be attending just as many as I usually do
 No, but I'll choose my event with greater care
 Yes, I'll attend fewer events going forward
 Yes, I wont attend any where previously I have

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!