By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Terry Warner

Here is a list of all the postings Terry Warner has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Tony Nijhuis 72 Mosquito Build Log
03/08/2018 17:09:49
Posted by Mike Beard 1 on 03/08/2018 16:30:10:

Geoff, from an earlier POST what 3D printer do you have and what material do you print? Thinking about one for myself but it's a maze out there!

Mike you are right it is a mine field out there as to what to choose. I have started to dabble with a Anet A8 printer a few teething problems but it is a cheap unit to buy, there is also a support page on F Book to follow for advise. It is fun with loads to print and if you have CAD expierence even more fun can be had with all your own designs. Search on banggood which is where i got mine from. Have fun.

08/08/2017 14:50:09
Posted by Geoff Gardiner on 16/10/2016 18:05:20:

Top wing surfaces now fitted and roughly sanded (excuse the untidy bench).

img_3552.jpg

img_3554.jpg

img_3565.jpg

Made a start on the nacelles.

img_3561.jpg

img_3567.jpg

More later...

HI A trick i learnt from a spitfire blog and i used on my build of a spit was to use large zip lock plastic bags filled with water perfect to hold down the sheeting. Hope it helps someone

terry

08/08/2017 14:44:23
Posted by Andy Green on 12/08/2016 08:50:55:

Signing in to follow along. Looking forward to this build, I have a friend building one, and its on my list too.

Andy.

Me to as i want to build one as well.

Thread: Cessna O-2
01/07/2013 14:28:42

HI Simon

Great looking model, here is mine, 6 foot wingspan all balsa built from the Royal Plans, hope to get it in the air for its first filght this week or next weekend. It is also electric running on 2 Tunrigy G45's 3300 4 s.

Cessna 336

Thread: In Line Electric Cessna
30/06/2013 08:34:49

Hi to one and all

I am in the final stages of getting ready to fly my Cessna 336 but not sure of the motor set up. Any suggestions as to how to set up these motors:-

• both on the centre line using a pusher prop on rear?
  • both on the centre line but reversing the rotation on rear using standard prop motor's then rotate in the same direction)
  • Or offset front down and right leaving rear straight using normal props on both Cessna 336

or what do you suggest ????

Thanks in advance

Thread: Tucano Signing Up Thread
03/06/2013 07:42:14

Hi

As a late entry I am now building my Tucano. Will post updates as I go, I hope!!

Building it with retracts and will be electric powered.

Looking forward to getting it in the air.

Thread: Martin's Tucano
16/04/2013 09:36:13

Hi Martin

Just picked up on your topic as i had been looking to build one of these for a while now but wanted to put retracts on board. You have done a very good job on the build program and keeping everyone up dated well done on that. I am about to get the Profili software to do the wing build and get the ribs CNC'd as well. I have ordered the plan and hope to start soon on the build. I see you have also put in flaps which i have done on my latest build which is a Cessna 336 but not yet flown.

Did you put a battery hatch in as well? if not how do you change the batteries? i am guess there is something on the plan once i receive it, i guess it is the canopy..

I look forward to starting my build and once again thanks for all the info

Posted by Martin McIntosh on 03/12/2012 22:44:55:

The wing is built up traditionally with four 1/4x3/16 balsa spars, a 1/8 false LE and a 3/8 sheet true LE, skinned with 1/16 balsa. The section is RAF 30 modified to 15.4% thickness of the chord using Profili s/w. It is in `my photos`but not quite to the correct size which is :root 240mm, tip 140mm. the tip rib is moved forward on the plan by 15mm at the TE. The 11 ribs are spaced at 55mm. Will try to get them on this blog in the right dimensions but there seems to be a problem with the file format.

This is the first wng halfe with the bits fitted.

The first job is to draw the new outline on to the original plan with the spars as shown.

Note that ribs 4&5 hav lightply glued to their outer edges to take theu/c.

After pinning down the front upper spar and adding the ribs (except rib 1), add the upper spar.

Add the rear upper spar.

Cut some very light 1/8 sheet oversize and add the false LE.

Cut four dihedral braces just larger than the spars to the angle shown on the plan and glue the upper ones to the first wing half, up to rib 3.

We can now make and fit the upper skin to this. note from yhe above pic that the 1/16 sheet will be far from straight so carefully cut one edge using a ruler.

Pin to the board using a ruler. Cut one side only of the next sheet then glue together with thin cyano.

Repeat for the next sheet.

Sand both sides with one of these using 80 gri

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Wings & Wheels 2018
Slec
Revoc
Gliders Distribution
Pepe Aircraft
Motion RC
CML
electricwingman 2017
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Does your club have a safety officer?
Q: Does your club have a safety officer, or is the emphasis on individual members to each be their own safety officer?

Yes we have a SO
 No, it's down to everyone

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us