By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Andy Hall

Here is a list of all the postings Andy Hall has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: CAA registration consulation
26/04/2019 14:48:27

Edited By Andy Hall on 26/04/2019 14:50:37

26/04/2019 14:44:38

This is probably a silly question but does this apply to all RC flying models, or just models that the mainstream media refer to as drones ?

Thread: Carbon
07/04/2019 20:18:15

Thanks Denis.

I'd checked Ebay but it was only giving me sizes of 10mm plus.

After your comment I went back and realised the the search function on my Ebay app was changing 1/8" to 18 and I didn't notice ! I stuck "3mm" in and hey presto !!

1/8" = 3.175mm not going to notice that difference with my building ability.

Cheers !

07/04/2019 16:29:43

Can anyone help me source some 1/8" sq carbon fibre tube.

I think I can get some 4mm sq tube but would rather get the correct size, if possible.

Cheers

Thread: UK supplier of balsa in METRIC thicknesses?
10/02/2019 21:18:38

I'm on the hunt for a 1/4" x 5/8" strip which I guess I'll have to cut myself as I haven't been able to find that size.screenshot_20190210-211033_adobe acrobat.jpg

10/02/2019 20:24:30
Manufacturing tolerances are going play a big part in all this.
Either way, only 47 days 'til we revert to feet, inches, pounds and onces !! 😂
Thread: Ask..Peter Miller
01/01/2019 15:16:31
Cheers.
I think my problem is that I love the building stage (from plans) and not really too fussed about the flying.

About 13 years ago I built a GWS Spitfire from a purchased kit. Painted it up and admired it.
I'd raced RC cars for 20 years so how difficult could flying be (I thought!!)
Got a few flights out of it, usually resulting in getting the glue out, until one day I was banking left to bring it back to me and it just slipped out of the sky and buried it's nose in the ground.
Back to building.....
Thread: Trying again......
01/01/2019 12:25:50
Cheers, I've created an "album" so far and dumped the first pictures in there. I'll have a look at the link later later Piers.
Thread: Ask..Peter Miller
31/12/2018 21:33:45
Hi, back in 1992, I built 3 models from Radio Modeller plans....

- Tequila Sunrise
- Aztec Two Step
- Gigolo

I know the first two were by yourself but the Gigolo was by Dave Ridgway. Is Dave still active in RC planes ? I'm building a new Gigolo, was thinking of making electric and would love some tips......
Thread: Trying again......
31/12/2018 20:54:06
June 1992 and I bought a copy of Radio Modeller.
In it was a set of plans for a little plan called Gigolo.
I built it, filled the tank, struggled to get the little Cox engine to go, so put it down for the day. Next day I found out that I hadn't done a very good job on the fuel tank as it was empty and the fuselage was soggy.
I built two more planes from RM plans - The Tequila Sunrise and Aztec Two Step. They never got completely finished as University came around in the October.
Fast forward to November 2018 and I came across the Gigalo plans again and so, with the help of my 12 year old son, have started building a new one. I think this time I will try and turn it electric... at least it might then get to fly !!
Not sure if I can post pictures but if I can I will.
Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Cambridge Gliding Club
Pepe Aircraft
Wings & Wheels 2019
Gliders Distribution
CML
Slec
electricwingman 2017
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
New Poll - Sticky situations...
Q: How often - when using superglue - do you end up with it on your fingers?

Every time
 Occasionally
 Sometimes
 Rarely
 Never
 Wear rubber gloves

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us