By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Percy Verance

Here is a list of all the postings Percy Verance has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: ASP etc gone
24/06/2019 20:35:11

Kevin

I'm fairly sure the OS labelled electric motors are produced by another company. MVVS produce their own range of electric motors. And rather good they are too.....

24/06/2019 19:58:02

The thing is though David, Jon might probably say it's rather pointless as the .70 uses the same sized crankcase as did the old Laser .50 .............

Edited By Percy Verance on 24/06/2019 19:58:29

24/06/2019 19:06:00

No Kevin, certainy not in the budget department but a whole heap less costly than OS or Saito......... Plus of course there's the spares situaton. The price of Saito spares can be heart stopping..........

Laser and PAW need to take advantage of this opening if they're able to......... Now might be a good time for PAW to consider the glow market? I may be wrong, but I think they once produced glow motors before. Anyone confirm?

Maybe Just Engines are regretting giving up the MVVS agency. Really excellent Czech produced engines, having been in production almost as long as OS. Popular at one time with control line team race/speed flyers. Even Hanno Prettner used MVVS at one time. The two MVVS's I had - a .28 and a .91 - were solid, reliable and (very) powerful engines. Easily as good as any OS...... the .91 was particularly impressive. It swung an APC 15x7 really well.......as I'm sure Bob Cotsford could confirm. Bob bought the .91 from me, complete with it's *Prettner* carb......

Edited By Percy Verance on 24/06/2019 19:27:43

24/06/2019 18:19:15

Got none left. Sold 'em all 3 years ago while they were still worth sensible money........

ASP/SC/Magnum disappearing has produced something of a quandry. Prospective buyers are unlikely to opt for OS given their rather high pricing. Some will, I think, look towards electric.....

It is certainly an opportunity for Jon at Laser Engines, if he can convince his boss.........

Edited By Percy Verance on 24/06/2019 18:27:26

Thread: Futaba 6EX 35 MHZ not transmitting
19/06/2019 06:44:30

Time to click the ignore option again......

19/06/2019 06:44:29

Time to click the ignore option again......

Thread: Confirmation - The World Really Has Gone Mad......
18/06/2019 21:43:29

I was flying at 9.30 this morning Andrew. I rarely fly in the evening, which is, I assume, when you probably go flying?

You'll notice I hardly ever post on here during the morning........

Edited By Percy Verance on 18/06/2019 21:45:07

18/06/2019 19:41:17

And he may well have a point Bruce......

Edited By Percy Verance on 18/06/2019 19:42:11

18/06/2019 19:36:00

Gary

If you'd read my posts - both the current one plus the earlier post to which you refer - you'll notice that I hadn't collided with anyone, so I'm not quite sure what the point is you're trying to make. Unless of course you're simply trying to stir things up?

I imagine you're bored?

Edited By Percy Verance on 18/06/2019 19:38:26

18/06/2019 19:16:34

kc

My dashcam is on order as of about 30 minutes ago..........

I know someone who left his car parked in a particular place one day. On returning about an hour later, he found damage to the side of the car, and his door mirror on the ground. Luckily, he always leaves his dashcam running, and he managed to record the moment of impact plus the car moving off afterwards. The registration plate was clearly readable. The police did the rest thankfully......

P.S. Look out, the king of the one liners is here. Sorry this isn't going the way you'd perhaps hoped it might John........

Edited By Percy Verance on 18/06/2019 19:30:09

18/06/2019 19:16:34

kc

My dashcam is on order as of about 30 minutes ago..........

18/06/2019 19:06:18

It's unbelievable Dave.....

A few months back something similar almost happened to me. I was driving through an area of my nearest town, about to take a corner at perhaps 15 to 20mph, maybe slightly less. On rounding the corner a girl was walking into the road, eyes fixed on her screen. A quick dab on the brakes brought me to a stop without a problem, and at the same time I pressed my horn briefly. The girl visibly jumped out of her skin, and the shock of discovering she was in the middle of the road was there to see on her face......

kc

I imagine that's the worry here. If I were the cyclist I'd be lodging an appeal within minutes of leaving the court.......

Edited By Percy Verance on 18/06/2019 19:15:38

18/06/2019 18:36:19

I've just read that a woman whom was knocked down when she walked into the path of a cyclist while looking at her phone has won compensation expected to run into thousands of pounds. The Judge said, in summary "cyclists must be prepared".

What, and mobile phone users crossing the road while staring at their phone needn't be?

Madness, utter madness........

17/06/2019 14:08:07

Mike

I'd e mail Mike Ridley to ask him. There seems to be little he isn't willing to tackle. Take a look at some of the transmitter mods he's done, and you'll see what I mean.

17/06/2019 06:35:16

Well it's good you found great humour in my trying to help someone.............

Sarcsasm and misplaced wit is of great benefit to us all. There is of course the fact that my post may still be valid or helpful if someone needs a radio repair doing? Another post suggests that was indeed the case. Perhaps you didn't consider that? Like certain others on here, point scoring jibes seems to be a little side hobby of yours........

Edited By Percy Verance on 17/06/2019 06:51:03

Thread: Ben Buckle Junior 60 build
16/06/2019 17:58:50

DD

Until I saw your second post, I was about to ask where on a Junior 60 have you used 5 metres? I thought you must have been wrapping it round 3 times or something...... wink

Thread: Commons Science and Technology Committee Enquiry on Drones
16/06/2019 17:07:32

Trouble is cymaz, we're trying uphold our (admittedly near excellent ) safety record to present to individuals whom have previously only been concerned with the total meat content of the average sausage, or the quality and availability of social housing.......

They're on a different planet.......... Even though I'm not a member, I wish the BMFA the very best of luck with the meetings. I avoided the word negotiations, as I don't think there will be much, if anything to negotiate......

Edited By Percy Verance on 16/06/2019 17:10:59

16/06/2019 13:58:50

I have considered e mailing Dr Jackman, but as yet have not done so...... We really are grasping at straws here when our very future depends on the likes of those whom have been involved in Infrastructure Law and the Battersea Dogs & Cats Home Corporate Engagement Board........

There's no way we're going to win this one guys..........With the best will in the World, we're stuffed.......

16/06/2019 13:31:10

Jake it sounds like it's one for Mike Ridley. Try www.modelradioworkshop.co.uk for more info. Mike used to repair/service Futaba gear for Ripmax, but now operates independantly. He's good. Very good in fact....... He's the UK service agent for Multiplex, but can repair or service most makes. He's also worked for MacGregor and JR in the past. 

Edited By Percy Verance on 16/06/2019 13:34:36

Thread: Commons Science and Technology Committee Enquiry on Drones
16/06/2019 10:40:26

Worry not Gordon. A certain part of their anatomy will heal up first.......

An r/c submarine? I'm not entirely sure I *get* that. Seems a bit like a solar powered torch.......still, it's legal and if it makes the guy happy.......

Edited By Percy Verance on 16/06/2019 10:44:56

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Revoc
Gliders Distribution
electricwingman 2017
Motion RC
Wings & Wheels 2019
CML
Slec
Pepe Aircraft
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Does your club have a safety officer?
Q: Does your club have a safety officer, or is the emphasis on individual members to each be their own safety officer?

Yes we have a SO
 No, it's down to everyone

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us