By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Richard Elliot

Here is a list of all the postings Richard Elliot has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: New EDF Mini Jets- Sabre & MiG15 RCM&E 2018 Special
16/04/2019 16:56:58

535a17ee-593c-47a5-9342-2cb97f8ed1eb.jpegIn answer to Mikes question, yes I have maidened mine today, and it flies really well.

Built as per the plan, FMS fan and 3s 1800 .

Flies on just over half throttle. I was careful to tuck everything out of the way internally as far as pos

Thread: Past RCME issue
14/03/2019 12:27:49

Hi Eagle

PM sent also

Rich

Thread: Motorcycles and model flying
14/01/2019 20:45:49

Took my Rex autogyro to a gyronuts fly in at Old Warden strapped to the back of my bike. 90 odd miles each way and plenty of flying inbetweensmileyRexonbike.jpeg

Edited By Richard Elliot on 14/01/2019 20:53:27

Thread: FMS Typhoon
19/01/2018 18:47:04

Hi Cliff

A clubmate had one of these, out of the box it was very tail heavy with a 3s 2200 in and needed a hefty piece of lead in the chin behind the grill. Flew horribly without it and superbly with it. Nice model

Thread: Super Sixty - any good mods?
12/10/2017 21:14:09

You could always turn it into an Autogyro img_1123.jpg

Thread: Panther Trainer Autogyro
24/02/2017 20:57:32

Nice job Rich, that flies eally well. Any reason why the roll and pitch servos are on the right on this one?

Rich

Thread: Revolver Pusher type Autogyro trainer
26/01/2017 19:35:21

Rich

That looks really well dialled in on the three blades.

We're those your old Rex blades used on the two blade setup ?

Rich

07/01/2017 11:37:19

Hi Mike

I don't know where you are based but if you are into autogyros the best thing you can do is to get yourself along to one of the many little Autogyronut gatherings we have during the year. They are hosted by various of us all over the country throuout the year and the dates are posted here on the Autogyronut pages and other forums.

You really won't meet a friendlier more welcoming group of modellers and you will fly more and crash less because we all learn from each other, and have a great time into the bargain. Promisesmile

Cheers

Rich E

02/07/2016 23:23:45

That's a stunning colour scheme Rich, sets your model off a treat!!

Thread: Cruiser, November 2015 Free Pull out plan
19/03/2016 16:29:39

Well I can report that flies really nicely, bags of power in hand. Managed to get a quick up round and down on camera

Thread: The final straw.Spectrum doubts
07/03/2016 07:59:46

Just a note of caution.......I personally have experienced signal loss using an old DX7, easy to blame the gear but it turned out to be a dodgy deans connector. I have also witnessed four examples of brand new modelsof a very well known epo artf that are shipped with a very cheap version of a deans plug where the battery to esc connection would make and break simply by wobbling the connection. Rule out all the obvious stuff first I say

03/03/2016 15:26:32

Well its taken me ages to get to finish my ic powered 1.2x Cruiser but its done

I wanted to keep the see through covering theme going that Rich started.....but the only colour left that hadnt been done was yellow......and boy is it yellow!!, so it had to be a Kenny Roberts Yamaha scheme.

cruiser finished.jpg

Now if it would only dry up, warm up and stop blowing a gale............

Rich

Thread: Mr Tom Wright
26/01/2016 08:49:47

A true gentleman, you will be very sorely missed . RIP Tom and thank you.

Rich

Thread: Piper Pawnee
21/01/2016 22:32:49

Rich

That's nice....very very nice, love that cockpit. Hope you get the plan published, everybody likes a Pawnee.

I really don't know how you design and build so quickly, I wouldn't have been able to change a plug let alone a bathroom and build that in the same time you have.teeth 2

Rich

14/01/2016 16:15:02

Rich

F1 has been made using birch ply instead of liteply. Fuselage side reinforcment is 1mm bich ply and 3m lite ply. 13mm hard triangluar stock has been added where ever I can get it, this will be put in the mast bay as well.

tank bay.jpg

What do you reckon ?

Rich

12/01/2016 18:42:35

Well I've decided to join in the fun and build a Cruiser.

The only difference with mine is that its going to be powered by infernal combustion for a change

ic Cruiser

I've decided on an OS 25 only because I've got one looking for a home . Unfortunatly it was a bit wide for the fuz so its all been scaled up x1.2.

Taking Richs' advice I will beef up the front end a tad. I plan to make a hatch in the lower fuz behind the mast as I will probably have to put the rx battery back there to get the hang right .

Cheers

Rich

20/12/2015 20:33:42

Hope it goes back together ok Chris.

Looks like this is getting suitably popular Rich, there is at least another one being built in our club and I'm going to build one to join the mass Cruise as soon as my mates finished with my plan!yes

Thread: Black Horse P-47 Thunderbolt ARTF - 60 Size
20/12/2015 19:56:22

Hi Tom

I've had one for several years and it flies very well. Mine has an ASP 91four stroke in and it is a good match but not overpowered. It's nice and light and thus slows down well for landing. Build quality is good as is all the supplied hardware although my cowl has needed reinforcing following a nose over or four and the undercarriage legs are a bit too weak and bendy are but easily replaced.

The finish is a bit shiny and the decals a bit naff in my opinion so I painted my own insignia and finished the whole model with satin fuel proofer.

Not a beginners model but it is okay for anyone who can fly an aerobatic low winger .

Would I buy another? Yes undoubtedly if that's what I was after!

Hope this helps

Rich

Thread: The Atom Special
09/07/2015 19:46:27

Crikey Rich , Mr H snr is really going through it lately with props! Please pass on my best to him and I'll catch you at the weekend

Rich

Thread: Small can be beautiful
30/06/2015 11:49:58

With both sons now at home we set about assembling and programming all our bits.

Everything went together fine and after many re reads of lots of posts on here we got all the bits up and running as far as we could tell. Like others we ran into issues with the switch enablments showing as active on the GUI but flight tests have revealed all to be working fine.

Position hold, return to home and even landing mode work fine (although the landings sometimes include a bounce or two).

My use of a larger 450 frame seems to have resulted in a slightly easier to fly model, both my sons (13 and 18), who don't fly anything else rc, were off the buddy lead in angle mode after a couple of flights . There is the advantage of just hitting the return to home switch if they get in trouble.

I've also added a bluetooth unit which enables me to connect to my Andriod device using an app called EZ-GUI. This should allow quick alteration of thing like PID settings, control rates and switch allocations at the field without connecting to a laptop, as well as being able to check GPS functionality and recording a log of the flights.

As far as I can glean from reading other forums, mission planning is not possible with our setups.....but I can live with that.....we should be doing the flying after all !!

As a Lads and Dads project this really has been a great success and has got them out and about with me doing a bit which was the idea from the outset for me.........they are even asking me if we can go flying which is a first!!smiley

So many thanks BEB for putting the effort into this thread and to all the rest of you who've chipped in with advice and tips to get us out Quadding.......off to build ourselves a camera mount next.

Cheers

Rich

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Addlestone Models
Pepe Aircraft
Gliders Distribution
electricwingman 2017
Wings & Wheels 2019
CML
Cambridge Gliding Club
Slec
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Does your club have a safety officer?
Q: Does your club have a safety officer, or is the emphasis on individual members to each be their own safety officer?

Yes we have a SO
 No, it's down to everyone

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us