By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Radge

Here is a list of all the postings Radge has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Sad loss of pilot and DH53
01/07/2012 21:44:37

Heartfelt coldonences to Trevors Family and friends. A very sad loss.

Thread: Flooding Building Plans Ruined
29/06/2012 08:01:56

Thanks chaps all in hand. Tools WD40'd etc. Just thought it a bit wierd that 1/2 an hour after a low pass over the house by the Lancaster that the floods came?! I was on 617 bouncy bouncy bomb Sqn for a little while during the 80's and I thought they were flying GR4's now. He he...

28/06/2012 17:49:20

Three years worth of RCME plans and various others were completely ruined this afternoon as the briefcases I kept them in were swamped by the wrath of god. Various other items like the chest freezer were also damaged as thirty minutes after the BBMF Lancaster flew over the flood water swept into my garage. Apres Moi Le Deluge?!. Oh well! Just as well I have a spare pencil and note pad and it's freezer surprise for dinner tonight.

Thread: No one warned me of the RC addiction
27/06/2012 17:21:15

Thought I could handle it, so I cut and glue a bit of balsa now and then, it's not a problem! She calls it an obsession. I call it living!

Thread: One careful owner
11/06/2012 16:21:50

I'm sorry but I don't see the problem, it looks a lot better than my 'best' model.

Thread: Friday free stuff
08/06/2012 12:26:17

Me too please.

Thread: What does your wife or significant other half think of your hobby?
08/06/2012 12:12:40

I now get with relief "Thank goodness you've found something that (Scottish accent) Gitsyeootfiundermaerse!"

Thread: AeroVolt Graduate
29/05/2012 17:29:17

Thank you Ben. I considered the extra bracing after my performance with the now deceased Cub I had.

Thread: Britflight Breeze
29/05/2012 17:21:02

Thank you so much Ben, that's great. I've got some 21/2" light foam wheels lying around somewhere. The nearest I have to the 2822 is a 2826 1900kv, I suppose it would do but I don't want to 'over-egg' it. He he ! I've never had a plane inverted yet so I'm not too worried about that just now.

Bless

29/05/2012 14:36:48

Hi, Whilst trying to build myself a trainer a kind relative has a Britflite Breeze on order for me to arrive in a couple of days. I've plenty of spares to make one fly, I was considering using one of my 2408 1400kv motors (max 130 watts) just to get started. Slight problem with my mobility issues though so has anyone any experience on fitting landing gear to one of these? It would be easier for me. I can probably suss something out when it arrives but I would appreciate any advice in the meantime. Thank you

Thread: AeroVolt Graduate
28/05/2012 22:29:50

Then the fuselage.

Fuselage sides started

28/05/2012 22:28:24

Starting with the 4 panel wing section.

Graduate Wing Panel 1 of 4

Main Wing Panel Frames Complete

The basic wing frame,  all 54 of it.

28/05/2012 22:22:53

Fuselage Plan.Desperate for a trainer for myself, I put the Tiger Moth and Sport Deco building programmes on hold, estimated how mush spare wood I had then put pencil to paper.

Edited By Radge on 28/05/2012 22:24:56

Thread: DH88 - I can rebuild her!
28/05/2012 22:12:31

Beeeeeutiful!

Thread: Sharkface vs tree
24/05/2012 10:45:09

I found my self using an extending window brush with a black bag taped to it.

Thread: Rubber Wing Bands
22/05/2012 21:34:49

This is great. Thank you for your sound advice, I've taken it all on board and I'm sure it'll help preserve my precious first model and add to my flying experience. Most grateful.

22/05/2012 17:51:04

Thats smashing! Thank you, I'll get in a selection around the 5" mark.(hope the daughter doesn't pinch them for her hair)

22/05/2012 17:42:13

Hi, silly question, the balsa plane I'm building has a 7 inch chord, it'll have a glass fibre wing bandage but I'm wondering what size of rubber wing band do you suggest that will hold it securely without actually damaging the wing. Thank you.

Thread: hobbyzone Super Cub LP
19/05/2012 21:22:26

I inherited an HZ Super Cub Brushed with a damaged gearbox and converted it to brushless on a 3536 kv1400. It was absolutely smashing to fly as my first RC model, but one slightly windy day I lost control and it got shredded through a tree. Lesson learned. I did consider another but with no money I couldn't. However, as it's my birthday today I received from the family a cheap'n'chearful J3 Cub courtesy of Hobby King, see piccy:

J3 Cub

It's a delicate machine and I've identified some possible structural strengthening areas before flight. As this is the case and my flying skills are very basic I'll have to wait 'til I'm more competent. To that end I've put both the Tiger Moth and Aerovolt Sport Deco build programmes on hold, (see my albums) grabbed my drawing kit and drafted up a suitable trainer for myself.. I call it the Graduate Deco and am cracking on sticking fingers together, bending pins and forgetting where I put that damned steel ruler! (see piccy's)

Wing Fuselage & Rib Plans

Four wing panels, two dihedrals.

Cross bracing  adds good strength with little weight

Here's hoping. Not for lack of trying I suppose. He he he. Oh one thing I've found a bucket of Amtico WBPU floor dressing under the stairs. Anyone used this product before?

Thread: Medical or psychological problem ??
08/05/2012 12:49:19

Hi Myron, I have an extensive, very painful and debilitating nerve disease affecting 3/4 of my body, as you would expect it does cause mental health problems also. Although new to modelling I absolutely love designing and building balsa aeroplanes. But, I can only do it when 1. The pain is bearable for long enough to carry out the polytechnic tasks involved. 2. The side effects of my medication are lessened to the extent that I'm aware of what I'm doing. 3. My mental health is such that I acually want to get out of bed. and lastly 4. I have the motivation to tackle the multitudinous problems involved with this hobby. You have everything you require to continue with your hobby at any time and I suspect you suffer from the above 'drag factors' also. So, stop feeling guilty about not doing anything just now, in your current situation it's perfectly reasonable to expect a break from it. Don't dive into anything because you think you should, you'll just make mistakes and it'll put you off even more. Eventually you'll NEED this hobby again when it 'all comes together'. Believe me when I say this I know.

Bless you

Radge

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Sussex Model Centre
CML
electricwingman 2017
Slec
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!