By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Radge

Here is a list of all the postings Radge has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: What determines a planes speed?
15/12/2012 15:14:29

The simplistic answer is the one you have already suggested, thrust, lift, drag and weight. Consider the SR71 Blackbird, A relativley small light aircraft with massive powerplants and every contour calculated to minimise drag.  With regards to dynamic soarers etc, whilst apperently fast,   remember that their VNE is quite low and will remain so unless their profile is changed.(A variable geometry glider?   Now there's a thing!)

Edited By Radge on 15/12/2012 15:23:50

Thread: Mistletoe and Wine...
14/12/2012 20:31:29

Hmmm............ thinking.............a pusher santa sleigh with canards..............where's my pencil?

Thread: Glasfugel H201 Libelle
14/12/2012 17:41:07

Beautiful Simon! Crack on chap, I have every faith in you.

Thread: Hobby King Spitfire (48")
13/12/2012 11:45:25

A good review Tim, you're right about the cowl although it's not disastrous Which motor setup have you opted for? Looking forward to your flight report.

Thread: Register Enthusiasm for the UKCAA Here
07/12/2012 22:35:09

I'm in also.

Radge

Thread: 50 Sheds of Grey
06/12/2012 13:01:21

'Ever since she read THAT book, I've had to buy all kinds of ropes, chains and shackles.'

Best engine hoist I've ever had.

Thread: Two new builds
06/12/2012 08:27:00

Woohoo!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! The Clam flys like a wee sweetie! Video is very atmospheric, sort of 'Blair Witch'. Well done RLG!laugh

Thread: Ask 18 1/4 scale glider from Cliff Charlesworth plans
05/12/2012 08:31:28

Beeeautiful!!!! What more can I say? I agree with Martin, the little yaw string just makes it.face 16 I'm fiiling up.

Thread: Got bored :)
04/12/2012 09:43:57

Looks like battle damage to me. Enemy ground fire from the airfield perimeter. Need to step up anti insurgency patrols prior to take off.

Thread: divorce may be coming?
03/12/2012 18:47:16

Lol @ Cagey!face 20

03/12/2012 16:31:35

I've got this all wrong! I got divorced THEN started aeromodelling! New SWMBO gives me grief though... Anyway well done BBC! How often does serendipidy knock on your door like that mate!!

Thread: Splicing
03/12/2012 10:17:28

My old Grandad told me a scarf (splice) joint should be at least 4 times the largest width of the wood. Seems a good rule of thumb thats never let me down. All to do with maximising surfaces joined I suppose.

Thread: Hack Glider EP
02/12/2012 11:13:26

That's a ridiculous price RLG! I pay just over £1 per sheet. I would have thought being so close to Papua New Guinea where they grow the stuff you wood be paying buttons! Godsfish m'dear!

Thread: Building Alpha 40.
02/12/2012 06:36:48

Hello and a warm welcome Connor.smileyIf this is the Hanger 9 Alpha 40, it's a nice glow trainer.  If I am I correct in assuming this is a Christmas present for someone you'll want to get it right first time and I'm surprised the instructions don't tell you which glue for which part.  If you need to join the wings together epoxy glue is best for this job. The tail parts can also benefit with some epoxy also. Try to use a slow setting glue(overnight cure) and use it sparingly, just enough to coat the surfaces or you'll end up with big globs on the undersurfaces where you don't want them. Epoxy is also good for both engine, undercarriage and any other load bearing mounts. All other parts I'd use Delux Materials Aliphatic Resin and/or a little superglue. Superglue for the hinges, check out the hinging article on this website before you do. So basically for an ARTF you need epoxy, Delux Materials Aliphatic Resin or PVA wood glue and superglue. Good luck with your build, please post a build blog with pictures and don't hesitate to ask questions BEFORE you do something you're not sure about.   All the best.

Radge

Edited By Radge on 02/12/2012 06:47:25

Thread: Two new builds
01/12/2012 12:35:51

Good effort RLG! Even if the LB didn't perform, you sound like you're the sort not to be dismayed. It's been a thoroughly enjoyable thread to read. Here's hoping you get some decent video of the 'clam', it sounds like you've had some success there. It takes an idea, skill, bravery and madness to do all you have with these machines and you deserve a 'radgepat' on the back for your efforts.smiley

Thread: Disappointed with CML Distribution
01/12/2012 12:11:12

Typical middleman. Just a phone and promises is all you need to do this, no need to carry stock because that's a layout gamble the LMS can take. Once they've taken their 'skim' that'll leave a tiny margin for the LMS they purport to support and an extraordinary price for the end user. Cut out these parasites and allow the LMS to deal direct, better for all the more deserving punters.face 8

Thread: Got bored :)
30/11/2012 18:43:06

Excellent! The BAE fleet! (Bennet Aircraft Establishment). (Tannoy) "On on on the the the dis dis display li li line" We have the BAE Twin, specially flown in for this display from active duty on the Eastern Front, Next to that we have the BAE Prototype which performed exceptionally well on it's maiden flight and sparked the company into production of it's fantastic sports tourer. And!! We've had a gllmpse of the future of BAE. To be unveiled at this show is the BAE Jet version! Now ladies and gentlemen I have seen this aircraft and it's going to be a show stopper! Not only in design but also it's amazing performance. There is an enormous amount of interest in the aircraft BAE produces, so much so that advance orders already received and should see the company right through and well into this century. BAE is certainly a world leader in the civil and military aircraft industries and we look forward to a marvellous display!"

Thread: Hack Glider EP
30/11/2012 18:18:53

Thank you Tonysmiley However as these self design things are, it's span was originally to be less than 1500mm(storage problems) but with experimental tips, ailerons etc it's ended up 1676mm. It'll just have to go on top of the double wardrobe next to swmbo's hats.teeth

29/11/2012 23:28:00

SWMBO has 2 tons of sprouts to prepare so she wants me out of the dining area, so a quick size up before the Christmas build embargo.sad

29112012(001).jpg

How come they always look bigger than the drawing?crook

Thread: TV classics.
29/11/2012 22:18:13

There was a RAF National Service show called 'Get Some In' when I was an air cadet. ATC uniform being the old 'battle dress', my mates used to call me 'Maffew' after the dopey one.

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
electricwingman 2017
CML
Sussex Model Centre
Slec
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!