By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for avtur

Here is a list of all the postings avtur has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Stockport air Disaster
24/07/2011 13:52:22
I saw the Stockport Argonaut shortly before it crashed, I lived in Romiley at the time and it flew over head probably just a minute before it's sad loss.

My Dad was due to fly to Oslo from MAN later that day, he had a dreadful fear of flying, if he had known what had happened he would never have flown, but his boss managed to get him to the airport without him finding out (much easier in those days - news coverage took a great deal longer to circulate).

A small piece of modelling trivia to add, the crash site was Hopes Carr in Stockport, within 100 yards of a mill building which was later to become the home of Javis Manufacturing the model goods manufacturing and wholesale company.
Thread: Hi there - returning after a long break!
24/07/2011 13:17:22
Hi there,

Think I'm going to need the assistance of the forum as I pick the reigns of fixed wing model flying after break of over 15 years!

Used to fly power sport and some slope soaring (on 35AM - that dates me!) and was a mode 1 flyer. I recently was given one of these mini indoor helicopters as a bit of a joke present and that has reignited my interest.

However as simple as the mini heli is it has a 3 channel mode 2 tx which I am now becoming used to. So my first decision is going to be which mode to adopt for my first purchase, I'd be pleased from anyone who has any experience of changing mode after a similar break?

I'm based in Stockport so might be looking at local club activity, I expect my first model to be electric power glider/sport to give me a gentle learning curve.

Cheers.

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Slec
CML
Sussex Model Centre
electricwingman 2017
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!