By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Chris Dowell

Here is a list of all the postings Chris Dowell has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: The Whipitteer
16/09/2020 03:11:06

Very nice Rich.... I watched the full video of you flying last weekend. Must be a good feeling to see so many autogyros in the air and even better to know that you designed quite a few of them. I would fly with you and Rich E but three great models in the same air space...that's just too much of a good thing.wink

Happy Landings

Chris...

15/09/2020 01:11:59

I have to agree that it fly's pretty true, straight off the board. Nice work Malcolm.

Chris...

Thread: Revolver Pusher type Autogyro trainer
17/08/2020 05:06:36

I'm pretty sure that wheel pants would help orientation with all models.

Chris...

27/05/2020 09:59:09

Trevor

This is usually a symptom of the main wheels being to far to the rear of the model. It stops the model from pivoting. I have had the same problem on several models. When the model finally does come unstuck .it can be found to jumps into the air almost vertically and can be a handful. I would suggest that you bend the U/C to get the wheels further forward.

Chris...

27/05/2020 02:40:44

Rich...larger version?? did you not publish the larger version...??

Chris...

20/05/2020 00:19:32

Rich

Thanks for posting .No, not one at a time ...there are eight flyers permitted to attend the field for any morning OR afternoon session. but it was nice to have it all to myself...glad you like the stab....was bit rusty with the ROG blush

Chris...

19/05/2020 11:57:34

Well today was my first flight in about eight weeks and I must admit that I was a little rusty...as I had expected but did manage to get a video of the flight showing my modified stab.

If I ask Rich very politely ..he may even post the video for cos I have a prob on this site.

Happy Landings

Chris...

Thread: Revolver Pusher type Autogyro trainer
19/05/2020 01:34:16

Just me ..I new that...…………sad always is...

Chris...

18/05/2020 07:51:19

Rich looks like you have a bit of a problem there ...I think that one of the blades has come offwink 2

I see the first pic ..but no video just me I 'spose

Chris...

27/03/2020 02:01:36

27 deg C ...light 3 mph breeze.... beautiful blue sky ...what more would we ask for... .oh yes ,that's right ..no fly.

Rich ..you know me.... I do always have the next project going in my head ,as I'm still working on the last one.

I've been working on a rigid 4 blade head with flexing blades.but I can't test it.

As some of you will know ..my other hobby is brewing and distilling.and unfortunately hand sanitizer is unavailable so I have been distilling some 85% spirit and making sanitizer and surface spray for the family. Gee it smells great.smiley

Keep safe all

Chris...

25/03/2020 22:58:21

Well it looks as if flying is off the cards at the moment. Total lock down in my part of the world. Flying clubs are locked with a $75.000 fine for any one found on the field.So I hope everyone has building materials on hand and plenty of time to spare.Cos I did so hope to get in some more flights with this model

Happy Landings.

Chris...

16/03/2020 08:56:30

Very smart thinking using the plans to give you the change of colour line on the side of the fuz.Good one.

Chris...

15/03/2020 23:51:13

Malcolm... That's a very nice colour scheme....and do I see wheel pants.smileyes

Chris...

15/03/2020 05:07:58

Rich

Thanks again for posting the video. I'm not sure of any blocking...I can see this video here OK .

Chris..

09/03/2020 00:31:30

Well I'm ready ..just tell the "good flying weather "god's

Chris,,,

08/03/2020 03:58:48

dsc01342.jpgAfter a couple more successful flights it became apparent that I had problems seeing this model.Duck egg blue was very good fo the underside of a spitfire but possibly not the best idea for an autogyro, and so I have added a pair of contrasting colour wheel pants and some large decals to give me a fighting chance .I live with hope.smiley

Chris...

04/03/2020 23:46:24

Rich

It's a bit embarrassing that I missed that ...and it's also a bit of a worry that you have only now just mentioned it.BUT the good news is that it does not matter how you put it ...it still fly's.

Zimmer frame racing is quite a spectator sport in this part of the world and has even been mentioned as a future Olympic event.wink

Chris...

04/03/2020 04:26:02

dsc01328.jpgdsc01325.jpgdsc01324.jpgManaged to get one test flight in today. t'was one of those non event flights .,compared to some that can be a real handfull. Point into wind ,allow the head get up to a nice speed... apply a little throttle and it lifted up as if going up on an elevator. I hardly realised that it was airborne..... all controls felt very light and was a pleasure to fly followed by a helicopter landing in about an 7-8 mph wind. Hope to get video later but unfortunately it was pretty overcast today.

Today I went with an ROG compared to my usual hand launch asdsc01318.jpg I injured my shoulder in a Zimmer frame race with one my friends . our wheels made contact and we hit the dust .wink

Happy Landings

Chris...

10/02/2020 23:46:00

party

Chris...

10/02/2020 01:21:59

Looks pretty good in the wind and I like to play in the wind.thinking

Chris...

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
electricwingman 2017
Slec
CML
Sussex Model Centre
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
NEW POLL - has the pandemic altered your event safety perceptions?
Q: Has the covid pandemic deterred you from attending shows and events in 2021?

No, I'll be attending just as many as I usually do
 No, but I'll choose my event with greater care
 Yes, I'll attend fewer events going forward
 Yes, I wont attend any where previously I have

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!