By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Mastercrashman

Here is a list of all the postings Mastercrashman has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Help choosing hotliner/warmliner
06/10/2019 18:52:39

What happened to FVK. Did they go into liquidation. I can't locate the FVK Bandit or the FVK web site.

Thread: free PDF to DXF software
01/09/2019 21:38:53

Thank you for the information

31/08/2019 19:30:37

Can anyone recommend reliable free PDF to DXF software for occasional use.

Thread: Multiplex Cockpit Sx 9
15/08/2019 17:02:31

Yes, Mike, I did get it back - 9 months later.

I lost the model in the summer when the trees and bushes were in full leaf. The following spring while the trees were bare I went searching with two young fliers and one of them spotted it in the fork of a bush about 5ft off the floor. The receiver, esc and servos were ok. The motor, I took apart and washed it and sprayed it wth GT85. All are still working.

The Taboo’s a lovely plane for “Skysurfing”😁. I built another two (one for my grandson). The mate I fly with has also built one. They are very rarely left at home.

15/08/2019 11:51:50

I do cherish the countdown voice.

As the Cockpit SX screen is below the neck strap connection point, the screen is obscured by the strap if I lift the Tx up to check the time.

I was flying Mike Freeman’s fast moving Taboo (see Mike’s avatar), high up, in a blue sky with a previous voiceless Tx and looked down for the time, looked up and the Taboo had gone, can you believe, so the voice is a godsend to me.

Thread: Best Dremel Clone
07/08/2019 21:55:05

I have found my Dremel's accuracy to be quite poor.

It's good for many things but accurate drilling isn't one of them. It appears to be play in the bearings which causes the point of the drill to wander when trying to start a hole; even on centre popped marks or enlarging existing holes.

I've looked online and other users have commented about this.

Thread: Multiplex Vario/Altimeter vs UniSens-E
07/08/2019 00:02:03

Thanks, will do

05/08/2019 20:27:47

Thank you both for the information

05/08/2019 10:53:01

Has anyone used both.

Which do you prefer for simplicity and ease of use.

I have a Cockpit SX9 and would like to install a vario/altimeter in my MPX Easy Glider

Thread: SAS Apache - any available new or old?
07/07/2019 16:06:51

**LINK**

Thread: Weston Park 2019 and Swap meet.
14/06/2019 14:19:03

Could do with improving the Swap meet booking-in process. A friend of mine waited about a hour in the queue last year with a heavy model.

He has a model to sell this year but he's not going to bring it, he just can't face the wait.

Thread: One receiver different models
19/02/2019 22:38:44

I suppose you could make up a set of very short leads, perhaps 50mm or less and permanently fit them to the peripatetic receiver so that its pins would not be damaged over time. You would have the disadvantage of extra connections but it would solve that problem.

Thread: EBAY CUTS LISTING FEES FOR PRIVATE SELLERS
31/01/2019 18:39:31

**LINK**

Thread: UPS Parcel Scanning
22/09/2018 16:30:51

SR71 - My daughter also found that UPS weren't very helpful.

Did you eventually get your money back from UPS??

20/09/2018 15:09:37

Was it to a company with night security, although it beggars belief that that Royal Mail are delivering that far out of hours. I suppose with people holding down more than one job anything is possible these days.

I've had a genuine parcel delivery at 5.45 am in winter and dark outside; it was quite unexpected at that time and a bit of a shock. It wasn't a well known company. The men had a very long hard day in front of them delivering in England and Wales.

19/09/2018 20:05:31

Thank you for your replies. That is appalling what they did to your mom but we hear so much of it now that we are sadly becoming immune to the stories - that is, until it happens to yourself. I hope your mom has recovered from the ordeal.

I am led to believe some drivers don't log the pick up there and then to prevent tracking. However during one of her many conversations with UPS it was indicated to my daughter that drivers could log all the parcels in after they had returned to the depot; which, of course, is then open to error.

As Dennis has outlined, do take every precaution to protect yourselves. Do not let the parcel go until you see it logged into the scanner, photograph the van registration, get the drivers name, log the time etc. UPS do not give receipts.

18/09/2018 20:26:59

Hello fellow model flyers.

If you use UPS parcel service to send a model you've sold then do ensure you see the driver scan your parcel and perhaps make a note of the registration number of the collection vehicle. My daughter handed over a large heavy parcel and didn't do that and there isn't any record of the collection. The parcel has gone missing.

Thread: Vamoose by Mike Freeman
15/04/2018 22:16:39

I build in blue foam so I adapted the fuselage and built the motor bulkhead further back. I then used the cross motor mount conventionally and formed the tapered front end around the motor in foam.

OR the Turnigy Aerodrive SK3 3536- 1050kv with the shaft in the position you want for about £20 plus postage. I use this in a Blizzard and the performance is excellent. The kv, however, may be a little high for you.

15/04/2018 18:56:49

I've built Mike Freeman's TABOO which is more sports glider than the VAMOOSE but very similar in looks.

Mike recommended the Hyperion ZS-3014-14 motor with a 10 x 6 folding prop and 3s Lipo and Thunderpower Smartguide ESC.

I use the Turnigy Aerodrive D3536/8 1000kv, A Hobbyking Blue series ESC (I do use it as a warmliner and push it a bit on the climb, I've got the room and use a 60 amp). A 10 x 6 Aeronaut Cam folding Prop and 40mm spinner. Turnigy / Towerpro MG90S servos.

You may find that combination is acceptable although the D3536/9 is 910kv is a bit nearer for you.

I love the Taboo and I rarely leave it at home.

Thread: Super Phatic instead of cyano?
06/03/2018 10:49:08

I use Superphatic to apply 25g/m2 glass cloth to vulnerable foam areas such as trailing edges, ailerons, wing tips etc.

The process does not use much Superphatic because of its thinness and wicking qualities. The photo shows 2 coats of Superphatic. The surfaces are still flexible. img_0608.jpg

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Wings & Wheels 2019
Gliders Distribution
Cambridge Gliding Club
CML
Slec
Pepe Aircraft
electricwingman 2017
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Do you use a throttle kill switch?
Q: This refers to electric-powered models but do you use a throttle kill switch?

Yes
 No
 Sometimes
 Rarely

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us