By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for SR 71

Here is a list of all the postings SR 71 has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Benefits of the lockdown
07/04/2020 10:53:20

In Cyprus the MOT was every 2 years, i thought it was good, no problems if you keep the car serviced

Thread: SBach 300 - Repairs and modifications
05/04/2020 01:23:47

Hi Ron the canister that you have used will it make any difference to the noise level of the DLE

Nice repair job, i like doing repairs/refurbishment, with my flying i et a lot of practice frown

Thread: Laser Engines - Technical questions
03/04/2020 00:50:15

If i win the lottery Jon we will set you up to produce your dreams yes

Thread: Gardening help needed
02/04/2020 12:04:24

Lovely garden Erfolg, from what you have been discribing a lot of work has gone into that since you bought it, i love a nice garden, just dont like the job of maintaining it, enjoy creating it though

Thread: Flat Car Battery from non-use of car
01/04/2020 14:40:57

I have started my car a couple of times with a 3s 3000 lipo, swung it over fine

Thread: Focke Wolf Ta 154 Laser
31/03/2020 22:21:58

Following Chris, i do like builds with a difference

Thread: 2m f3a plane. Lexicon.
31/03/2020 22:01:48

You look young there sir, lovely build, following

Thread: Has Your Club Made Any Decisions Regarding The Coronavirus?
31/03/2020 21:59:48

I used to live out that way, done the run around Rutland water, nice part of the country,

Thread: 6 Turning 4 Burning
31/03/2020 20:02:29

Thanks Ken i like to hack them out as you can see in my album, i could not bring my F104 with me from Cyprus as i would not be allowed to fly it here, we had NO rules in Cyprus, just common sense

29/03/2020 16:31:50

Even the gell coat did not go on to well on the small parts i decided to go ahead with, although except for one they all came off the plugs ok the surface feels rough, nothing i cannot put right, but

Iv contacted the surppliers to see what they have to say, maybe i need a different supplyer, the bit of glassing i did in Cyprus i never had these problems, i have stripped the fencing of the fuselage plug now ill have to clean it up and start again, such is life

Thread: DLE exhaust
28/03/2020 15:10:17

No im not buying a new one, i had a DLE55 in my 1/3 Bucker, and it was spot on, this was last year when i lived in Cyprus, i sold or gave away everything when i came back to the uk including the DLE, this silencer is a new one i had just bought, looks like ill give up on it as i have to buy a new engine anyway, but i did like the DLE, and i flat packed the Bucker and brought the bits back, need an engine for it,when i rebuild it

28/03/2020 13:22:40

Did you read the thread all the way through, they were going at it with each other and were told several times to stop it, would not be allowed on here thats for sure,

Thanks for the ideas, sounds like its a bin job,

28/03/2020 13:08:22

I have used the flange method before on a large cowl i made for my 1/3 scale Bucker Jungmiester with no problems, its the blue PVA that is the problem at the moment, just been in to have a look at the fuse plug, ill have to was it all off and start again, its very bad, i gave it 12 coats of polish and it was very smooth and slippery, now it feels like sandpaper,angry

28/03/2020 09:57:04

Well that thread started off fine but very soon deteriorated into a fight, interesting method though Cymaz

28/03/2020 04:50:50

Having brushed a coat of PA mould release on the parts to be moulded im not happy with the way it went on, never used brushed PA before always sprayed it on, have not got any spray equipment yet, when dry it feels rough, also had a job with the plasterzine used to seal the fence to the plug, would not stick at all, to polished ? or maybe because i polished the fence, ready to mould now BUT,

28/03/2020 04:36:23

Is there any way to make this exhaust for a DLE55cc quieter, like get it down to my new clubs 82db rules, like cut the can open and do something inside it

Before i bin it

Thread: GooseV2, new lasercut kit build video series.
28/03/2020 02:25:57

Beautifully built model Bart, nice to see how you do things, you should kit your models

27/03/2020 02:54:16

They are made from 10mm alloy tube for the outer part of the leg and 8mm alloy rod for the inner part, i had to open the tube up a smidgen and and sand down the bar a smidgen to get the opperating freely, ill get some appropriate springs to fit in the tubes. The rest i cut from the 5mm alloy plate, all make it up as i go along

Thread: Mark's TN Hawk Build
26/03/2020 13:58:20

I have had two PB sensor switches fail, both in my jets, luckily not in the air, i still have one which i brought back to the uk when i left Cyprus, one side of the switch wont come on, both of them the same

26/03/2020 07:50:05

GearErfolg with a hacksaw, drill and file winki started again on them trying to get them to look more like the real thing, still work to do on themGear2

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Support Our Partners
Sussex Model Centre
Wings & Wheels 2019
CML
Slec
Cambridge Gliding Club
CADMA
electricwingman 2017
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us