By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Fatscoleymo

Here is a list of all the postings Fatscoleymo has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Mick Charles Models, Surrey closing down
24/07/2018 19:47:09

I'm with Don on this - don't blame councils soley for the present state of the high street.

Council tax and business rates together make up local authorities’ largest source of income. Central government has a significant degree of control over both council tax and business rates in England and sets the policy framework in which both operate.

Business rates are set by central government, which sets the multiplier, a pence in the pound value which is then applied to the rateable value, an estimate of the open market rental value a property could achieve on a specified date. . Properties with a rateable value of £12,000 or less are exempt from business rates and those up to £15,000 are eligible for small business rates relief. There are other reliefs and exemptions, including an 80 per cent discount for properties used by charities.

Currently local government, collectively retains half of the income from business rates, the other half is paid by councils to central government, which uses the income to fund grants to local authorities.

Research has found that when business rates go down, rents go up by almost the same amount....

Not Greedy Councils.....just councils trying to generate the income to provide the services they are required to provide for you. Complicated, not simple, as most things in life.

Fats

Thread: No Hosepipe Then?
20/07/2018 16:14:04

Don, you live in France.....which club are you in?

Maybe you're still paying the water bill on your house in the Uk? Or is that your tenant?

Thread: Re-covering a WOT 4 XL fuselage with Profilm/Oracover.
18/07/2018 06:46:35

Balsaloc or watered down (slightly) pva. Thin coat, let it dry, then cover.

Thread: Cyril Carr Kestrel autogyro
08/05/2018 19:18:16

I built one earlier this year, electric setup.

Fly's well, and is certainly different in the air.

The cg on mine is just behind the rotor masts, slight nose down attitude.

Needs a touch of power on the flair just before contact to halt the rate of descent...

It's fun..

Fats

Thread: HobbyKing Teksumo
05/05/2018 20:29:11

Nope, onwards and downwards Don...

Fats

Edited By Fatscoleymo on 05/05/2018 20:29:49

Thread: Dennis Bryant 68" Chippy
12/03/2018 17:32:24

Look for Chip Shop in the Workshop section of the forum - lots of build blogs there - including Danny's..

Fats

Thread: Companion
27/02/2018 15:31:12

It means NOT....ie if switch SE is in up position, with ! in front in means not in that position...

Very useful function, opens up a lot of possibilities..

Fats

Thread: Skyways Percival Mew Gull
21/12/2017 07:07:19

Well done Geoff, lovely looking model.

06/12/2017 16:09:21

Looking good Geoff - making me think about getting mine re-furbished and in the air again....Fats

Thread: Using a bungee
06/12/2017 14:01:16

Gor Blimey John!.....should have issued a warning before posting that photo!!!wink

Fats

Thread: Giving Model Shop Leeds the benefit of the doubt
30/11/2017 16:44:16

Good result Adrian - MSL are a great bunch.

Fats

28/11/2017 16:46:55

Hello Adrian, did you have any response from MSL?

Fats

26/11/2017 18:05:41

Adrian - it's only Sunday early evening, a bit early to start voicing concerns over a non reply to an email sent early on Friday morning methinks... they might have had staffing issues over the last couple of days..or a computer issue..

My experience of Model Shop Leeds is excellent over many years....I think it's a little unfair to post on a forum at this stage - even with your 'benefit of the doubt' thread title.... give 'em chance.

Fats

Thread: Mirus
24/11/2017 07:35:02

Mornin' Tom, no idea if it slopes well and never saw any with undercart on...but...I /we at my old club had so much fun with these..with a 40 up front it was ballistic. Great fun.

Thread: Skyways Percival Mew Gull
14/10/2017 18:09:42

I made a mess of joining the original canopy halves and bought the Seagull canopy which fitted fine with a little fettling...but i've no idea who i bought it off. It was probably 5 years ago now..

Steve

Thread: Nitro Engine Starter
28/08/2017 07:16:17

I've had a cheapo starter for probably 20 years, never let me down. About 6 years ago I strapped a 4s lipo to it and it's just carried on fine. Starts my 120 FS and 23cc 2 stroke no problem. Unless you've got very large motors I don't think you need anything special.

My mate had the big sullivan, but got fed up of it's size and weight. Got a smaller starter and his 25 - 30cc petrols are started fine with it.

Fats

Thread: Just Engines on Board Glow
28/08/2017 07:08:53

You can do this really inexpensively using a remote on off switch (RC World or HK), and programming the tranny to energise it at low throttle settings, or whatever you want. I've been using this for a few years now, very good.

Also used for decades an SM Services unit, faultless..shame no longer available. I suspect any of these commercial units will be good.

Fats

Thread: Danny's "poor mans Spitty"
28/08/2017 07:03:56

Well done Danny. Nice to hear that your superb model has entered the fray! What a brave effort, maiden flight on lines in a top competition.....not many would try that....goodluck and well done.

Fats

Thread: model stand reccomendation
12/04/2017 20:21:19

Banana box from Supermarket of choice, Stanley knife to cut to size, pipe lagging. On bench, or in car to transport. Will fold flat if you stamp on it....wink

dscf1212.jpg

Fats

Thread: GPS in a glider?
01/04/2017 20:03:00

Hi Chuck, I have vario / altimeter in my Bixler and I've had it to 400+ meters (don't tell anyone...) a few times. That's about 1300 ft. Not quite directly overhead - it was just at the limit of of my vision.

My Radion XL went up like a rocket the other week...didn't have vario/alt in that but it looked about the same size as the Bix does at at 400 mtrs...and it's a lot bigger.

1/2 mile / 800 meters away on the ground will look small...put some height on it and you'd be lucky to see a 2.6 glider I would have thought?...... I've always found it difficult to estimate distance....

Might be of help..

Fats

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
electricwingman 2017
Wings & Wheels 2019
Gliders Distribution
Pepe Aircraft
CML
Slec
Cambridge Gliding Club
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Do you use a throttle kill switch?
Q: This refers to electric-powered models but do you use a throttle kill switch?

Yes
 No
 Sometimes
 Rarely

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us