By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Barrie Dav 2

Here is a list of all the postings Barrie Dav 2 has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Phoenix Rainbow
26/10/2009 07:36:06
Does anyone have experience of the Phoenix model Rainbow EP?

Build quality, fragility etc...

Thread: Exhaust stubs
12/10/2009 13:09:30
Thanks Lee,

I'll do that.
12/10/2009 12:40:02
I have an SC 32A engine and I need to extend the engine exhaust stub to the 'silencer'.

SC do not make extenders.  So apart from trying to get a bit of ally bar and bodging one up does anyone out there have any other suggestions to  make. Perhaps another manufacturer makes one for their engines which would fit for instance.

I think I read somewhere that SC motors are made by a main-stream manufacturer but maybe I'd sniffed one shot of dope to much.
Thread: After-run oil
31/08/2009 17:32:31
Thanks to all you blokes who answered my query.  Plenty of food for thought there.

Barrie
31/08/2009 08:13:46
I understand that using after-run oil of some sort in 2 stroke engines is recomended especially after some nitro content in the fuel. Can anyone advise of a substitute to the expensive product currently on the market please.
Thread: Engine cleaning
12/03/2009 08:38:15
Right Andy, thanks that sounds like a good idea too.  I've got some of that or at least the boss has.........  I'll see if I can do a deal with her.
12/03/2009 07:57:19
Thanks for your help Tom.
11/03/2009 10:24:19
I've 4 two stroke engines 3 of which have not been used for 6/7 years.   They did not have a lot of use but I wish to resurrect them and they will need an internal washout/clean.

Will paraffin or petrol do the job without damage to seals etc?
Thread: Carbs/fuel control
08/03/2009 13:41:54
Thanks E.D,

Will the new assembly have to match up with the front one, or will it be ok as long as it is of the same or  larger capacity ?

As you see, I'm new to this.....

Barrie
06/03/2009 15:52:48
Is there any kit out there whereby the carb needle adjustment can be mounted at the rear of the engine.  No engine in particular.........

I know that some SC engines have this facility but I'm looking for an adaption for existing engines.

Any suggestions please?
Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Slec
CML
Subscribe now
Sussex Model Centre
electricwingman 2017
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
NEW POLL - has the pandemic altered your event safety perceptions?
Q: Has the covid pandemic deterred you from attending shows and events in 2021?

No, I'll be attending just as many as I usually do
 No, but I'll choose my event with greater care
 Yes, I'll attend fewer events going forward
 Yes, I wont attend any where previously I have

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!