By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Mike Rieder

Here is a list of all the postings Mike Rieder has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Liquid weld
15/02/2018 12:28:30

hi does anyone know how to get hold of the liquid weld Simon Coker talks about in the latest mag? Tried google etc but it only brings up an old video with no contact details.

Edited By Mike Rieder on 15/02/2018 12:30:12

Thread: Drone awareness weekend Mid Suffolk Radio modellers
16/04/2016 16:05:18

Well day one of our drone weekend could have been a wash out, but thanks to a bit of good banter and brave flyers we had a go of it, got 2 new memebrs to boot. Hoping for descent weather tomorrow to make up for it. See photos on our site **LINK**

15/04/2016 16:49:27
Posted by john stones 1 on 15/04/2016 16:40:33:

Bit of sponsorship with prizes then mike, can't be bad yes

John

Yes we have a couple of nice bits dfrom Hobby king, and bmfa have supported with cost of signage and lending us he fpv race track. I did try to get support from the east anglia bmfa but was too late to submit the request which was a bit of a blow ( but they have sent the invite to the clubs for me).

15/04/2016 16:43:06

Yes, there are a lot of guys (and girls) coming into the sport with out any idea of the dangers to themselves or others with the props and battery's.

We are hoping for some of these flyers locally to come along as we have advertised in maplins and local schools.

15/04/2016 16:30:43

Thats why we are trying to encourage flyers to join a club and the bmfa so we can support them with best practise etc..

15/04/2016 15:36:54

Hobby King thanks for your support re the secretauction prizes. Check out our web site for details.

12/04/2016 07:39:01

Weathers looking good for our drone weekend.image.jpeg

06/04/2016 21:53:18

Thanks John, yes fingers crossed.

06/04/2016 19:26:04

Come along to our Quad / Drone weekend in Suffolk check out **LINK**

Thread: Forum members' new models: Let's see them.
20/03/2016 19:44:55

1/6. Typhoon just maidened today, loved it. image.jpeg

Edited By Mike Rieder on 20/03/2016 19:46:11

Thread: Ever wanted to get into or improve your aerobatics?
29/01/2016 12:41:31

Hi Peter, had a few flights with the Mythos now and its lovely, really glad i went for the quality servos etc. As it makes it so much easier to trim and fly smothly. Not really had a full session trimming yet though as getting used to it and getting the c of g where i want it ( and trying it at different positions before i confirm it) then will get down to a full trimming program. Only had one session when its been under 15 mph wind but its very nice and showing up all my ( many) weaknesses! But thats why i got it to not be able to blame the plane.

Thread: Looking after your LiPo cells
22/12/2015 09:18:43

Thought i would share my latest build (felt this was the most appropriate topic to add it too). A charging cupboard made from fire retardant plaster board. Hopefully it should save the rest of the garage if anything goes wrong!image.jpeg

Thread: Ever wanted to get into or improve your aerobatics?
22/12/2015 08:53:51

Hi Peter, just getting back in touch now our club has had the Agm. A couple of bits, so first could we discuss the entry for our club (mid suffolk radio modellers) re the Clubman events we have 3 (inc myself) members who would be interested in joining and we would be willing to host a round if you felt the site was suitable.

Have you any plans for next years Npod?

Also would love to get some time flying together again as just lashed out on a sebart Mythos 125e which is way above my skill set but wanted to make sure all the mistakes i was making was me not the plane!

ps i cant make the meeting on the 6th but our vice chiarman Chris is attending.

Thread: Hobby king fly in
07/09/2014 08:56:37

Great day at the Hobby king fly in yesterday, loads of great flying and full size displays etc.. Better than a lot of the paid for events as it was aimed at normal sports flyers. Who had a good time. Pity RCME don't recognise that most of us buying there mag use HK so a bit of coverage would be-useful rather than pretending they are not there.

Edited By Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator on 07/09/2014 09:57:13

Thread: Yt seafury cowl fixing
22/10/2012 14:27:21

Cheers Desmo,

The electric retracts i am using are from Whites models **LINK** the large ones, which have been really good especially for the price. If you do use them just watch out you don’t allow the 5 mm rod to extend too far down into the fixing as I did and it ended up stripping the worm gear.

I also added a pair of sport oleo legs from **LINK** which has helped take some of the load on landing.

15/10/2012 11:13:51

Not bad thanks, but not flown it a lot as I have had problems with the retracts and now changed them to electric which should be more reliable. my landing skills need to improve so only flying when conditions are good. I haven’t started the Tiger cat yet but hope to get round to that soon,

Mike

seafury decals 2

Thread: Free stuff on Friday
05/10/2012 15:43:02

very nice of you to think of us on a windy Friday!, I'm in.

Thread: DIY Transfers
24/09/2012 12:43:21

Hi thanks for this, works really well, if your interested have a look at my photos as there are ones of the decals I have added to my Seafury and Reno 3.

It would be great to build up a log of where to get the logs from etc..

Thread: Whites at the Nats
19/09/2012 20:19:17

Cheers Dave, I did a search but all I got was car stuff. anyway thanks again. Mike

19/09/2012 17:48:53

Hi does anyone have a contact address or web site for Whites who had a stall at the Nats this year? I bought some electric retracts (which were really good value) and want some more.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
electricwingman 2017
Sussex Model Centre
Wings & Wheels 2019
CML
Cambridge Gliding Club
Slec
CADMA
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Do you use a throttle kill switch?
Q: This refers to electric-powered models but do you use a throttle kill switch?

Yes
 No
 Sometimes
 Rarely

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us