By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Mike Rieder

Here is a list of all the postings Mike Rieder has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Hobby King UK free collection
13/09/2012 16:34:45

yes just had a look myself and this could be a bonus for us suffolk boys now Galaxy has gone.

Thread: Yt seafury cowl fixing
16/05/2012 16:37:36

Hi Guy's, can I get your thoughts on the best way to secure the cowl hatches on my YT Seafury. Ideally I don’t want to see anything from the top and have tried using strong magnets and elastic bands underneath but they have not held in place when the motor is running.

I am about to use 4 canopy spring catches but this will mean cutting the top and having the sliders visable.

Bit of background on the model – it is a 10 year old version which was unmade in the box and I have converted to electric using a actro 40-5 motor, 18=10 prop on 10 cells.

Any thoughts would be welcome,

Mike

seafury cowl 1

seafury cowl 2

Thread: Members Map
04/05/2012 11:24:20

I'm on, suffolk is still a bit sparse! see you at the Roughham tommorow.

Thread: Clean Sweep!
26/04/2012 14:30:53
Posted by Tim Hooper on 24/04/2012 21:55:07:

Mike,

Maybe your motor isn't a 1250kv after all? Or is the timing set too soft?

Mine pulls around 45A on a 9x6, and the model flies appropriately!

Mind you, the 12-wind AXI sounds a safe bet!

tim

Yes your right just re checked and its a 1000kv, however now put the Axi in so hope that should be better, just waiting for the rain to stop! however the rain has alowed build time as working on a 10 year old (but still in the box) YT seafury which is going to be using an Actro 40-5 up front, but not sure re the right prop at the mo.

all the best, mike

24/04/2012 13:46:14
Posted by Erfolg on 22/04/2012 15:24:31:

Mike how any watts are you pulling and what size prop at what revs?

The model certainly has an attractive scheme.

Oh! yes, what is the weight?

Hi Erfolg,

All up wietgh is 3lb 2oz, using a turnigy 35-42 1250 with a 10x7 prop I am only pulling 322 watt (29 amp x 3 cell) which I havent flown with yet (was using a 9x6 as per Tim's but very poor performance).

I hope to try with the larger prop this weekend but, I think i have a problem with the motor as I got it on ebay!! so may try an axi 28-20-12 with a 10x6, which should sort things out!

ps dont have a rev count!

Mike

24/04/2012 13:21:22

Cheers Tim,

Appreciate it, especially coming for you.

Mike

22/04/2012 14:11:53

Here we go then, all finished and now had its first flight. Really pleased with the reasults, simple reno scheme but looks good. I have added pannel lines which show up nicely in the sun.

First flight a bit hairy as a 10- 15 mph wind here, I need to try a bigger prop as not enough power for me (or go for 4 cells), aswell as sort out the undercarrage as the wheels were binding and had a heavy landing so may beef up the wire a bit.

Thanks again to Tim, nice plane and enjoyable build.

20/04/2012 16:56:32

Decals for the Reno, hopefully have them on soon,

Reno 3 decals

20/04/2012 16:20:40
Posted by barry arthur on 09/04/2012 18:02:19:

Hi Mike

Just to remind you that I, and I am sure others, would like to see your Reno colour scheme.Now that you are good at posting pics that should not be a problem!

Barry

Right, back on track as just finishing off the spats and have now printed the decals (on water slide laser paper). So should have some pics soon.

Mike

09/04/2012 17:39:17

Hi Tim, just to let you know the build is still going (but a couple of repiar jobs got in the way! oops), the scheme is still planed as a reno racer, which is red wing tips and classic white all over. Just been trawling the tinternet for Castrol and others logos to plaster over the frount.

Ps really enjoyed the build, it must be down to your good planning skills.

24/02/2012 11:08:05
Posted by Tim Hooper on 23/02/2012 22:48:11:
Posted by Mike Rieder on 23/02/2012 17:00:07:

Ps as a note for future ref. It would have been really useful to know which parts you get when you buy the CNC kit so you can work out which other wood stock you will need, I didn’t expect to get the fuz sides or the spar’s so a bonus.smiley

Mike,

You seem to be be making rapid progress!

You make a good point re the kit contents, I feel. FWIW I have no idea what components will be included in a kit after I've submitted it for publication.

tim.

Cheers for your reply Tim, yes understand this sort of stuff is out of your hands. So will mention it to "my hobby store" for thier future ref. And hopfully the building will slow down a bit this weekend as the weather is looking ok here in Suffolk for some flying.

mike

23/02/2012 17:26:04

Sorry my last didn’t make sense, I meant to put R1 not F1.

23/02/2012 17:00:07

Great news the CNC parts arrived yesterday (parcel force lost the first lot) which means I am off and running. The usual over exuberance has meant that I have got my first mod do to to the plans as I have glued F1 In place (dooh should have read the instructions first) to both wings before joining them. No worries I am thinking about drilling though them and fitting a carbon tube though with supports instead of using the aluminium joiners. And will need to do some careful sanding to get the incidence right.

Ps as a note for future ref. It would have been really useful to know which parts you get when you buy the CNC kit so you can work out which other wood stock you will need, I didn’t expect to get the fuz sides or the spar’s so a bonus.smiley

Thread: Hawker Cygnet replica site
19/02/2012 17:41:18

just got back from old warden myself and met Colin checking over his plane, nice guy. He said he had recently met you Tim and let me take some detailed shots of the cockpit ect.. now all I need to do is build the clean sweep and I can then get the Cygnet ordered.

Thread: March 2012 Issue Feedback
17/02/2012 21:14:05

Hi, how do I get Simon Cockers e mail address? as I am interested in further information on his comment under "run silent " regarding fitting a "live" switch on the tx for arming the electric motor. P.s great mag this month.

Thread: Clean Sweep!
17/02/2012 17:26:07

Looks a great build, I am now researching reno racing schemes to copy for the covering. Hoping for my CNC parts to arrive soon (ordered 10 days ago!) as have now traced all the main parts out and can’t do any more till the big box is dropped on the door step from the postman.

Thread: Telemetry - do you use it? What do you think of it?
10/02/2012 10:46:07

I count myself lucky as I have recently come back into the sport and needed to upgrade to 2.4mz therefore missed the spektrum era! And went for Multiplex due to its telemetry capability. All I can say is fantastic (for my use as i am all electric with some gliders)

The screen is at the top of the set so easy to read and has audio warnings –

for low battery (RX and motor)

temp readings (which I don’t use a lot but can be handy)

Amp usage this gives me a constant read out of the % of juice left in the battery (brilliant)

Vario which is ok but not used to much due to the weather!

Height which is good for electric gliding

Plus more options if you want to buy the relevant sensors.

> >

All of this can be adjusted and warning levels set via a handheld unit (multimate) or laptop.

You also get signal strength info which with the RX battery check this alone is worth the money for peace of mind.

The other plus point is that the Cockpit SX is a lovely set with a great feel and ease of use. The only improvement would be to have and ear piece and a data logger, but I hear these are on the way.

Thread: Hangar 9 Toledo 40
16/11/2011 15:47:36

Ive flown this for the last 3 months now and am very happy with it. it is stable and capalbe of more than I am! I would recommend it as a good second model (as long as you have rung the frist out) no vices as far as i can see and very well made. I run mine on a 5 cell electric set up.

Edited By Mike Rieder on 16/11/2011 15:48:29

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Support Our Partners
Cambridge Gliding Club
electricwingman 2017
CADMA
Sussex Model Centre
Slec
Wings & Wheels 2019
CML
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us