By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Den Moran

Here is a list of all the postings Den Moran has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Super Tigre 25cc wrap around?
30/08/2018 04:19:38

Hi, everyone.

I have a DB Cirrus Moth with a a Super Tigre 25cc two stroke engine

. The engine is a good 'fit', with room behind the engine to take a 'down and out' wrap around exhaust. I want a wrap around to keep the scale looks of this lovely old aircraft.

I'm not too familiar with exhausts other than the 'standard' side sitting ones. Can anyone offer any suggestions, please? Thank you, Den,

Thread: 4 motor wiring?
26/08/2018 06:57:07

What a great response! Thank you ,everyone, it's certainly answered my question!

Gary, I have a marvelous Turnigy 9xPro that I am still finding out about - it's uses ErSky programming, and is used on lots of different 'makes' e.g. Taranis. I am used to mixing, and think this set-up'll be ok. Thanks also for your brilliant 'link'.

The plane I have in mind initially is a HK rudderless Lancaster. I am also planning a large Short Solent build, and would like the Differential Thrust for taxi-ing.

Thanks, again, everybody! Den.

25/08/2018 08:34:47

Hi,everyone!

Does anyone know where I can get hold of a circuit diagram for a four motor setup, please?

I am also looking at differential thrust options, but would like the basics first! Cheers, and thanks, Den

Thread: i/c wiring diagram
12/08/2017 19:00:54

I've sorted it out, thanks to your help - I double checked the throttle settings, and eventually hit the right combination! All the servos/control surface flicked into position, to my great relief. So once again, thanks, all.

12/08/2017 18:40:53

I'll try that , thanks everyone!

12/08/2017 18:00:05

Hi, Chris - I 'bind' my electric ones to match the esc, but how to bind an i/c which does not have an ESC, or even an available bind plug slot ( because for the i/c setup, its a .Bat. input?)

So back to the question - what am I missing ?

On the old 35 mghz, the crystal match would direct the receiver/transmitter relationship, but 2.4 ghz?

If its a binding process, how do I do that for the i/c setup. please?

12/08/2017 17:10:57

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEElp! I'm trying to set up a receiver on an i/c 'plane. Battery, an enerloop nimh type is charged and tested. switch on 'plane is tested working well.

Battery wire to switch
switch wire (NOT the charging lead!) to receiver last
position (bat/bind pins)
put in a servo wire (elevator servo- tested, working)

Switch the transmitter on
Switch the power supply switch on.......

nothing , no light on the (brand-new) receiver, no servo movement ---- zilch!

What am I missing?

10/08/2017 07:16:59

That's great, Cymaz, thanks!

09/08/2017 21:12:17
Thats just what I wanted - thanks, Den , and everybody!
09/08/2017 21:05:22
I just mean an absolutely basic circuit showing a glo setup. I used to use a nimh four pack, and just need to know the layout - really basic! Cheers, Den
09/08/2017 20:03:27

Hi,

Does anyone know where I can get a pukka wiring diagram for a basic i/c layout, please? Cheers, Den.

Thread: glo to gas
31/07/2017 06:03:57

Hi!,

I've had a private post from one of our more sensible members, who does his best to be helpful, and explains the gas/glo conversion process very well.

It's disappointing to have to read these replies - the first time on this forum that I haven't received a sensible answer ( apart from the aforementioned private post) .

I feel confident that I can now go ahead with my conversion, with little fuss or expense. VERY public thanks for the private message, so sensible and tactful!

Den, Wales

04/07/2017 07:42:01

Hi!
I've just bought a supertigre 25cc glo, and want to go gas - any sites that explain how to do it,please? Cheers, and thanks,
Den,Wales

Thread: Tony's hurri retracts!
04/07/2017 06:07:15

It's the T.N. 62" w/s

03/07/2017 08:15:47

Hi! I'm just working on the wing on the hurricane, and I need to seriously consider what retracts to get.Anyone recommend anything ,please? Den,Wales

Thread: Prop Size Selection
25/05/2017 07:58:47

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! - As the great Spike used to say when his swonicles were playing up!

24/05/2017 06:08:37

Hi, everyone!

From the horses' mouth:

' Hi Den,

a 6040 prop means 6 inch diameter with 4 degrees pitch effectively a 6x4 prop. A 5045 is 5 inch diameter 4.5 degrees pitch or 5x4.5. Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Tom H
HobbyKing Support Team '

So thanks to all, once again,

Den, Swansea

21/05/2017 07:36:20

Thanks for that,everyone - I think that Denis's may be the correct one, but the confusion created by Hobbyking is obvious to see - one of the modern phenomena - if its not broken, fix it! Thanks again everyone,

Den

20/05/2017 07:46:02

HI - THESE SEEM TO BE QUITE SMALL PROPS THAT i'M LOOKING AT

20/05/2017 06:50:49

On the Hobbyking site , I notice prop sizes are given , thus, '6040' - what are the sizes in oldspeak. please?!

Cheers, Den

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Support Our Partners
Gliders Distribution
Slec
Wings & Wheels 2019
CML
Addlestone Models
Pepe Aircraft
Cambridge Gliding Club
electricwingman 2017
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
New Poll - Sticky situations...
Q: How often - when using superglue - do you end up with it on your fingers?

Every time
 Occasionally
 Sometimes
 Rarely
 Never
 Wear rubber gloves

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us