By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Den Moran

Here is a list of all the postings Den Moran has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: i/c wiring diagram
12/08/2017 18:00:05

Hi, Chris - I 'bind' my electric ones to match the esc, but how to bind an i/c which does not have an ESC, or even an available bind plug slot ( because for the i/c setup, its a .Bat. input?)

So back to the question - what am I missing ?

On the old 35 mghz, the crystal match would direct the receiver/transmitter relationship, but 2.4 ghz?

If its a binding process, how do I do that for the i/c setup. please?

12/08/2017 17:10:57

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEElp! I'm trying to set up a receiver on an i/c 'plane. Battery, an enerloop nimh type is charged and tested. switch on 'plane is tested working well.

Battery wire to switch
switch wire (NOT the charging lead!) to receiver last
position (bat/bind pins)
put in a servo wire (elevator servo- tested, working)

Switch the transmitter on
Switch the power supply switch on.......

nothing , no light on the (brand-new) receiver, no servo movement ---- zilch!

What am I missing?

10/08/2017 07:16:59

That's great, Cymaz, thanks!

09/08/2017 21:12:17
Thats just what I wanted - thanks, Den , and everybody!
09/08/2017 21:05:22
I just mean an absolutely basic circuit showing a glo setup. I used to use a nimh four pack, and just need to know the layout - really basic! Cheers, Den
09/08/2017 20:03:27

Hi,

Does anyone know where I can get a pukka wiring diagram for a basic i/c layout, please? Cheers, Den.

Thread: glo to gas
31/07/2017 06:03:57

Hi!,

I've had a private post from one of our more sensible members, who does his best to be helpful, and explains the gas/glo conversion process very well.

It's disappointing to have to read these replies - the first time on this forum that I haven't received a sensible answer ( apart from the aforementioned private post) .

I feel confident that I can now go ahead with my conversion, with little fuss or expense. VERY public thanks for the private message, so sensible and tactful!

Den, Wales

04/07/2017 07:42:01

Hi!
I've just bought a supertigre 25cc glo, and want to go gas - any sites that explain how to do it,please? Cheers, and thanks,
Den,Wales

Thread: Tony's hurri retracts!
04/07/2017 06:07:15

It's the T.N. 62" w/s

03/07/2017 08:15:47

Hi! I'm just working on the wing on the hurricane, and I need to seriously consider what retracts to get.Anyone recommend anything ,please? Den,Wales

Thread: Prop Size Selection
25/05/2017 07:58:47

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! - As the great Spike used to say when his swonicles were playing up!

24/05/2017 06:08:37

Hi, everyone!

From the horses' mouth:

' Hi Den,

a 6040 prop means 6 inch diameter with 4 degrees pitch effectively a 6x4 prop. A 5045 is 5 inch diameter 4.5 degrees pitch or 5x4.5. Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Tom H
HobbyKing Support Team '

So thanks to all, once again,

Den, Swansea

21/05/2017 07:36:20

Thanks for that,everyone - I think that Denis's may be the correct one, but the confusion created by Hobbyking is obvious to see - one of the modern phenomena - if its not broken, fix it! Thanks again everyone,

Den

20/05/2017 07:46:02

HI - THESE SEEM TO BE QUITE SMALL PROPS THAT i'M LOOKING AT

20/05/2017 06:50:49

On the Hobbyking site , I notice prop sizes are given , thus, '6040' - what are the sizes in oldspeak. please?!

Cheers, Den

Thread: Four motor
26/04/2017 07:38:19

Hi, Ray,

Lovely models, I'll pass the info to my mates - not looking for anything at the mo - I still have five still in boxes, and others bought 2nd hand I haven't prepped yet!

I saw your vid at Glynneath ponds - nice touch with the onboard cam! How do you access those ponds? is it through Cwmgwrach?My mate and I both have Icon A5's to fly, but are now thinking about using the beach at Llanelli, because we cannot find anywhere suitable.

The vid I saw was at Fochriw Pond, above Merthyr

Den

25/04/2017 07:51:14

Hi, Ray!

Thanks for that! I'm getting there, although I suspect my build 'wishlist' far outreaches my available time! At the mo, I'm nearing my 'A' Cert (2 wks,hopefully!), although I've been flying for quite a time now. Looking into a seaplane build as my swansong re: multi-motors - a Short Solent four motor -'Aranui', used on the Coral Route back in the 50's. I've actually seen the aircraft in Auckland, when I visited relations last year.

Do you know who it was it with the Short Sunderland up around Merthyr (on youtube, I think)?

I'm in Swansea and Llanelli Clubs at the moment, although I'm thinking about going to Meidrim for an A Cert. workshop in two weeks time.

What are you selling?

Den

24/04/2017 18:32:24

That's explained it really well for this non-techno!

Thanks, all, I want to build a twin and a four motor some time in the future, and that'll be a great help plnning for same.

Den Swansea

24/04/2017 08:48:00

Sorry, Frank,

I don't know how to identify those two types! Thanks for your reply.

That's what I wanted, Denis, thank you very much!

Den, Swansea

24/04/2017 08:08:06

Hi, everybody!

Can anyone point me in the direction of a four-motor wiring diagram, please? Ta muchly,

Den,Swansea

P.S. I already have a two-motor diagram!

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Support Our Partners
Revoc
Slec
electricwingman 2017
Pepe Aircraft
Motion RC
Wings & Wheels 2019
CML
Gliders Distribution
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Does your club have a safety officer?
Q: Does your club have a safety officer, or is the emphasis on individual members to each be their own safety officer?

Yes we have a SO
 No, it's down to everyone

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us