By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Den Moran

Here is a list of all the postings Den Moran has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Nose wheel leg
16/04/2015 10:48:45

Hi! Can anyone tell me where to get 4mm+ thick 'straight' (just the spring curl) nosewheel legs,please?

All the ones I see online are 3mm or less, or if heavier, are just two inches (!) from the spring to the end ! Thas
Den

Thread: Decal Fonts
23/03/2015 17:25:12

Can anyone tell me where to download free decal registration fonts from, please? I'm especially interested in the teens, twenties and thirties era, Thanks!

Den, Abertawe

Thread: Flaps the old way
23/03/2015 08:45:35

Thanks a lot everyone, especially for the diagram - I can fettle that now! Den

22/03/2015 17:45:18

Hi,everyone!

..... has anyone got a diagram/ explanation of how to set up flaps using one servo (for the two flaps), i.e. before 'y' lead and two servos became popular,please?

Thread: Scratchbuild i/c covering
19/03/2015 09:22:13

Hi! I'm building a foam wing which is to be finshed with brown paper and rattle can car acrylic paint.

Although I have used ths method for electric models, this is the first time I have built a wing like this for i/c (glow).

Can anyone advise me about fuel proofing the wing and its decals (ijet printed) please? I normally use clear acrylic spray varnish,or Ronseal paint-on clear varnish.Thanks,

Den, Abertawe

Thread: Front or back mounted?
06/03/2015 08:25:15

Thanks for the help,everyone,and the laughs!

Den, Abertawe

28/02/2015 13:23:08

Hallo, everybody. I'm trying to source a motor size 3720 kv600 brushless. I want the mounting bracket to be at the FRONT of the motor, I.e. where only the shaft is poking through, ready to be fitted with the prop etc. In other words the motor is behind the mounting wall/bulkhead inside the nose. I don't know what terminology is used for this form of mounting , although some shops advertise 'back-mounted'. Apart from the obvious (front-mounted!), what is it called? Thank you, Den

Thread: Jocasta
08/01/2015 15:45:07

Hi Jim! Happy New Year!

Sorry to be a pain, but can you give me the name of the decal people again, please? Ready to join the wing pieces now, so looking to order them over the next week or so.

Thanks, again,

Den, Abertawe

Thread: 2.4 aerial length
27/12/2014 09:35:35

OK! I'll take the path of adding strength. Thanks for a brilliant response, everyone, Den

23/12/2014 14:49:03

I have several damaged aerial leads and wish to replace them. Apparently it's a design weakness with

Turnigy receivers

that causes them to break/defray at the point of exit from the case.

I know they are co-axial, and the 'FPV' video on youtube shows how to solder it in, but the length he is stating is 55mm for the whole thing.

Does anyone know how I can replace them? It's not a question of cost, the new ones are reasonably priced, but I want to fit a better receiver aerial that won't snap off.

Thanks everyone, Happy Christmas!

22/12/2014 10:30:48

Hi! Can anyone tell me how long a 2.4 aerial should be please? What cable is best to use, and does it matter if its 'too long', or is this critical? Thanks!

Den, Abertawe

Thread: Turnigy receivers
11/12/2014 07:50:58

Hi!

I have several damaged aerial leads and wish to replace them. Apparently it's a design weakness with Turnigy receivers that causes them to break/defray at the point of exit from the case.

Does anyone know how I can replace them? It's not a question of cost, the new ones are reasonably priced, but I want to fit a better receiver aerial that won't snap off.

Thanks,

Den Moran,

Abertawe

Edited By Den Moran on 11/12/2014 07:51:56

Thread: Routing Aerials
08/12/2014 13:49:50

Hi! I have six or seven Turnigy receivers (2.4) with damaged aerials. How do I replace them? Anyone have any ideas on what wire to use,please,

Den, Abertawe

Thread: Jocasta
25/11/2014 08:21:12

Hi everybody, and festive (nearly,anyway!) greetings!

Jim, I've fitted the motor on, and the 'down' angle as per plan looks very steep. Can you confirm that the plan angle is the correct one, or did you need local adjustment when you set it up initially?

Have got the fuselage to the ready-to-cover stage, and hope to complete the wings and all before the festnogs hit! Also found a great place to fly off water - but still looking for suitable float plans. Cheers,

Den

26/09/2014 08:04:34

Brill,Jim!

You had me laughing about the 'multi-coats', had a similar experience before I chose the spray can route!

I already have the Solartex colours as shown in the pics, and everything else has arrived , so, once I build the SLEC fuselage jig, it's onward and upward - but don't hold your breath! The decals I want are the same with one exception, the number code - I use 'DYSG' then a number for my trainers, DYSG being the first four letters of the Welsh for 'Dysgwr' - learner!

Many thanks for youe help, I will keep you posted as to the build,

Den

25/09/2014 21:02:44

Has anyone any idea about how to replicate the impressive decals shown in the article, or the name of a decal printer to order a set, please?

Den

24/09/2014 08:25:48

Funny how things come together - I too will be fitting floats to Jocasta - the odd bit being that I've just realised that a pill (tidal creek - Gower) where I was brought up is large enough at either side of high water to provide a really sheltered , safe flying site - the gulls will have a bit of a shock, I expect!

Also, I have a pair of skis of the right size, so I'm hoping for snow, as well! Good luck,Jim, with the Sesky... pesky... er, next series of aircraft!

22/09/2014 05:07:08

Ha ha! I thought it was my computer skills (lack of!!!)!

Thanks for the reply, Jim, I'm looking forward to the build, even ordered a SLEC building board to avoid the dreaded 'banana' fuselage. I know 4-max have a good reputation, from other people at my club. So, onward and upward, and keep designing those lovely aircraft.

Den

21/09/2014 17:27:47

Thanks for that! Wolston Flyer. It was the fact that 4-max 'search' wouldn't show it as in existence that put me off! Turnigy will do fine, as ever. Den

20/09/2014 07:10:25

Hi, Jim!

I was impressed by the 'Jocasta' idea. It's a long time since a decent four-channel trainer was available as a freeplan!.

I ordered the 'gubbins' this morning, using Turnigy for the powertrain. The reason for this was that 4-max deny all knowledge of the motor no. ......'PPO3548-110', and I tried really hard to locate it. As with most things, I turned to a reliable source, and got what I wanted easily.

I thought I'd let you know, it's some kind of glitch, and I haven't filed it in the ...' I found one handy in my granny's knickers drawer' section, that a lot of designers seem to think is great to say, without mentioning where us poor people can source one ( Another brahmer is...'you can buy it in B&Q'! Huh!).

I'm looking forward to the build, and will keep up to date here. Thank you for your time and effort , a really good looking aircraft.

One thing I am puzzled by is the tapering fuselage in the front - does one use water to bend the 1/4" sheet to meet the formers, or should it 'go' on its own?

Den

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Gliders Distribution
Slec
Wings & Wheels 2019
CML
Addlestone Models
Pepe Aircraft
Cambridge Gliding Club
electricwingman 2017
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
New Poll - Sticky situations...
Q: How often - when using superglue - do you end up with it on your fingers?

Every time
 Occasionally
 Sometimes
 Rarely
 Never
 Wear rubber gloves

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us