By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for wingcoax

Here is a list of all the postings wingcoax has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Torque rods vs wing servos
04/12/2019 17:44:05

I have fitted torque rods in all my models since i started flying 40 years ago, with one exception when I went overboard and fitted two, one in each wing, although it was a rather thick wing. Never had a problem as I still have the wings from 30 years ago.Note to oneself`»"must build new fuselages"

Thread: Hobby king delivery charges
21/11/2019 16:14:56

Try living in Portugal, I have ordered from HK and had delivery from China inside seven days, yet ordered from Amazon in UK and no sign of delivery after three weeks. Some down to the courier and some down to the local mail system. And of course the fact we use mail boxes in groups at the side of the road.

Thread: Laser Engines - Technical questions
18/11/2019 18:17:29

The use of Ariel powder is much better at getting them clean than other powders that tend to give you a matt grey finish.

Thread: Spares for my Mini drill
07/11/2019 20:15:15

Shame you dont live over here(PORTUGAL) they have them on sale here.

Thread: Soldering iron or flame torch
04/11/2019 14:30:16

I always used a 15w for electronics, a 30 for heavier use and a micro gas torch(which lived in my flight box) for silver soldering. I also had a 12v iron in my box for use on the field.

Thread: Falcon Sunbeam 99 information wanted
03/11/2019 17:03:51

Hi Don, currently soaked in oil will see how that goes.

03/11/2019 16:00:35

Unfortunately the throttle lever and carb are stuck, so deem it politic to strip to limited level and clean and also check bearings. I have stripped and rebuilt several engines over the years so no real problem. Also difficult to get fuel here on the Algarve, It has to come by mail order.

03/11/2019 13:41:24

Fuz is moulded engine is ASP 32.

03/11/2019 12:39:50

I have just acquired a Falcon Sunbeam 99, (this is on the wing) at auction, This included an ASP red head engine, not sure if 40 or 46 yet as shrouded and a full set of Futaba servos, also a Turbex starter. Model is in fairly good condition apart from a bit of "hangar rash" Engine appears in very good condition with a touch of weathering due i think to storage, it turns over nicely but will be stripped and cleaned before attempting to start. Can anyone tell me anything about this model?

Thread: New to model flying but not new to RC
01/11/2019 18:49:40

In my opinion, if you can drive a car your have already passed the online test. The" A" test is really only a demonstration that you can put the aircraft where you want it to be, rather than where IT wants to be.

Thread: Looking for a trainer kit
23/10/2019 19:01:14

D B MASCOT + 1 New wing is built up, old one foam.

Thread: Safety tip when buying from places like ebay & Bangood
21/10/2019 12:49:18

Very good point Chris, As someone who lives in Portugal I have the opposite problem. All my tools have had to be changed to European standard. I should point out that the circuits here are rated differently to UK, in that power circuits tend to be 20A or even 16A, Yes i did think about using adaptors but are their enough in the country?

Thread: After 10 years, there may be some life in the old dog.
02/10/2019 13:59:27

Seeing this thread reminds me of a well known scale modeller from Norfolk who had a larger version of this aircraft, His name was Ivan and had a model shop himself. This was many years ago and he used to go to Primrose Valley modelling week.

Thread: Collapse of Thomas Cook
23/09/2019 12:44:45

I always thought bonuses were paid for success. Apparently they are now for turning up at the office.

Thread: Squeeze me clamps
22/09/2019 15:57:45

You can always use a piece of scrap to protect the wood.

Thread: How to Fly on a Windy Day
22/09/2019 15:56:32

I remember a few years ago at Primrose Valley modelling week that i was doing vertical take offs and landings in the rather strong winds at the end of the week. That was using a Mascot trainer.

Thread: Aileron Thickness
13/09/2019 14:39:54

All models i have built have the ailerons matching the trailing edge. Its just like cutting a slice out of the trailing edge of the wing and hinging it.

Thread: Thinking aloud about Spits...
08/09/2019 15:42:17

I used to use a LMS in Bolton many moons ago and usually ended up behind the counter. I remember a couple coming in and she was buying him a complete setup for his birthday(lucky fella) he wanted a spitfire but i was able to advise him by all means buy one, build it,Then put it away till he learned to fly. I was able to sell a good trainer kit with radio that would suit further advancement with an engine that would suit either plane. They went away very happy. PS, I have flown a spitfire and they DO glide like a brick.

Thread: What have I bought today?...
23/08/2019 13:24:34

I have to say i thought it was a "Mascot" as i had one many years ago and am now in process of building a new one. I flew with a Enya 35 with a 11x7 Master prop. Even DB himself flew it and said the combination worked well.

Thread: Best Dremel Clone
06/08/2019 15:07:29

I have to say that the ALDI mains powered unit i have has survived for over ten years with quite a bit of industrial use in that time.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Slec
Pepe Aircraft
Gliders Distribution
Cambridge Gliding Club
CML
Wings & Wheels 2019
electricwingman 2017
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Do you use a throttle kill switch?
Q: This refers to electric-powered models but do you use a throttle kill switch?

Yes
 No
 Sometimes
 Rarely

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us