By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for wingcoax

Here is a list of all the postings wingcoax has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Probable scam?
24/02/2020 14:06:05

Only this last week we have had emails from HMRC and TV licensing saying they had not been able to take the latest payment. Having lived in Portugal for three years now we do not have a TV license and certainly do not pay tax. The HMRC get bounced to Phishing@hmrc and the other to the c#$p bin.

Thread: Threadlocked.
21/02/2020 15:31:09

Hopefully it will be 242 (blue) and should move with only a bit of shock.

Thread: Modes 1 or 2
13/02/2020 23:23:49

I know this is slightly off track, But, I was taught on mode 1 as that was the primary mode in the club. I have also flown on mode 2 without problem. As I am primarily left handed is this why?. Technically I am ambidextrous as i can use either hand.

Thread: I guess there is no problem
05/02/2020 16:04:34

We appear to have two threads running on the same theme. Check the thread on" Chinese suppliers" and the note from government.

Thread: On a lighter note
02/02/2020 15:58:52

Over many years of service work around the UK and Europe I have covered many thousands of miles in Astra estates, both petrol and Diesel and not had many problems. I have also owned two Astras myself with no problems.

Thread: Good Service - Flying Tech. Bad Service - Banggood.
02/02/2020 15:55:29

This is slightly off track But, I have ordered things from UK via Amazon to be delivered to Portugal, and they have been all round Europe, attempted delivery in Lisbon,Faro, and gone back to UK. I live on the Algarve and have items delivered no problem most of the time.

Thread: On a lighter note
31/01/2020 14:11:39

I had an Astra estate, great for carrying models. I could get some in assembled. Went to Primrose Valley with wife, two kids, wheel chair and three models.

Thread: engine refurb
24/01/2020 11:04:18

This topic has cropped up before, Arial washing powder seems to be the best, others turn the surface to a dark grey.

Thread: Cheaper or more expensive.
18/01/2020 20:58:31

No need to blame brexit. Look back to when we went decimal, all prices went up to the nearest full coin or even more.

Thread: Trendsetters and Iconic Models over the Years?
16/01/2020 23:43:07

Robin, what about the "mascot"

Thread: Lost mojo
01/01/2020 02:01:30

Flyboy, I know exactly what you are going through. I lost my wife just before christmas a few years ago and she understood what model flying meant to me. I persevered and became the club chairman and chief instructor.

Thread: Merry Christmas
25/12/2019 11:31:14

And a very merry (if you know madrona you know what i mean)Christmas and a happy new year from Portugal.

Thread: Probable scam?
22/12/2019 15:37:23

A number of years ago we owned a Hotel in the NW and received a letter from Currys about the guarantee on a large TV. We had not bought a TV. On ringing Currys it turned out the TV in question had been paid for in cash at a London branch and was in the name of an African sounding gentleman who had used our address. It was presumed that he had done this to avoid his own address being put into the system and avoiding the licence.

Thread: What make is this
21/12/2019 19:51:31

From what you say, you have a "close coupled" unit. They can be difficult to reseat after removal. If possible follow earlier tips and replace the washers and seals.

Thread: Appointment of club committee members
15/12/2019 13:25:24

If it makes things easier there is software available to help. Not sure if I still have a copy, but it does give templates for setting up lists and so forth. We did use it in my club many years ago and it seemed to work ok.

Thread: Torque rods vs wing servos
04/12/2019 17:44:05

I have fitted torque rods in all my models since i started flying 40 years ago, with one exception when I went overboard and fitted two, one in each wing, although it was a rather thick wing. Never had a problem as I still have the wings from 30 years ago.Note to oneself`»"must build new fuselages"

Thread: Hobby king delivery charges
21/11/2019 16:14:56

Try living in Portugal, I have ordered from HK and had delivery from China inside seven days, yet ordered from Amazon in UK and no sign of delivery after three weeks. Some down to the courier and some down to the local mail system. And of course the fact we use mail boxes in groups at the side of the road.

Thread: Laser Engines - Technical questions
18/11/2019 18:17:29

The use of Ariel powder is much better at getting them clean than other powders that tend to give you a matt grey finish.

Thread: Spares for my Mini drill
07/11/2019 20:15:15

Shame you dont live over here(PORTUGAL) they have them on sale here.

Thread: Soldering iron or flame torch
04/11/2019 14:30:16

I always used a 15w for electronics, a 30 for heavier use and a micro gas torch(which lived in my flight box) for silver soldering. I also had a 12v iron in my box for use on the field.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Cambridge Gliding Club
CADMA
CML
Sussex Model Centre
Slec
Wings & Wheels 2019
electricwingman 2017
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Do you use a throttle kill switch?
Q: This refers to electric-powered models but do you use a throttle kill switch?

Yes
 No
 Sometimes
 Rarely

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us