By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for wingcoax

Here is a list of all the postings wingcoax has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: After 10 years, there may be some life in the old dog.
02/10/2019 13:59:27

Seeing this thread reminds me of a well known scale modeller from Norfolk who had a larger version of this aircraft, His name was Ivan and had a model shop himself. This was many years ago and he used to go to Primrose Valley modelling week.

Thread: Collapse of Thomas Cook
23/09/2019 12:44:45

I always thought bonuses were paid for success. Apparently they are now for turning up at the office.

Thread: Squeeze me clamps
22/09/2019 15:57:45

You can always use a piece of scrap to protect the wood.

Thread: How to Fly on a Windy Day
22/09/2019 15:56:32

I remember a few years ago at Primrose Valley modelling week that i was doing vertical take offs and landings in the rather strong winds at the end of the week. That was using a Mascot trainer.

Thread: Aileron Thickness
13/09/2019 14:39:54

All models i have built have the ailerons matching the trailing edge. Its just like cutting a slice out of the trailing edge of the wing and hinging it.

Thread: Thinking aloud about Spits...
08/09/2019 15:42:17

I used to use a LMS in Bolton many moons ago and usually ended up behind the counter. I remember a couple coming in and she was buying him a complete setup for his birthday(lucky fella) he wanted a spitfire but i was able to advise him by all means buy one, build it,Then put it away till he learned to fly. I was able to sell a good trainer kit with radio that would suit further advancement with an engine that would suit either plane. They went away very happy. PS, I have flown a spitfire and they DO glide like a brick.

Thread: What have I bought today?...
23/08/2019 13:24:34

I have to say i thought it was a "Mascot" as i had one many years ago and am now in process of building a new one. I flew with a Enya 35 with a 11x7 Master prop. Even DB himself flew it and said the combination worked well.

Thread: Best Dremel Clone
06/08/2019 15:07:29

I have to say that the ALDI mains powered unit i have has survived for over ten years with quite a bit of industrial use in that time.

Thread: Registration of flying sites with NATS/ATC
04/08/2019 14:13:46

The worst "near miss" i have seen was many years ago at Primrose Valley during "modelling week". when two Tornados came over, one below a vintage model at height. The ATC had been notified by the organisers who again contacted the PTB who said there had been a breakdown in communications.

Thread: Aldi
25/07/2019 11:58:22

?? No link. steve

Thread: ASP etc gone
20/07/2019 13:51:25

Hi Percy, You are correct, It is Cluny power station. steve.

Thread: TRAPPED
17/07/2019 21:16:08

Hi John, Welcome back. Steve

11/07/2019 09:50:45

Good morning John, Are you any nearer getting online? steve.

Thread: Car indicators
05/07/2019 20:33:48

Its the same here in Portugal, you dont know what they are doing till they have done it.

Thread: TRAPPED
04/07/2019 14:55:15

Hi John, Doug said he would try and email any messages. Are you any nearer logging in?

27/06/2019 01:00:30

Hi John, Doug and Colin H pass on their best wishes. As a member of both sites i was glad to be of assistance.

26/06/2019 22:29:05

Hi John, Your message has been passed on to the Model Boat Site. Steve

Thread: Engine for largish cw Cub
21/06/2019 22:01:25

Hinge drilling jig? There is a cheap little plastic one from SLEC available.

Thread: Confirmation - The World Really Has Gone Mad......
19/06/2019 09:48:35

Also recently, A woman walked into the road whilst staring at her phone and was knocked down by a cyclist. The judge said she was only!! 50 percent to blame as the cyclist should have seen her coming. He was knocked out for a few minutes. She got several thousand in compensation.

Thread: M6? Not If I Can Help It......
23/05/2019 21:47:37

Percy, you were lucky to see a wheelbarrow. I used to do a h##l of a lot of miles on the motorways for my old job, and got sick of the miles of cones with not a sign of any work going on. Over her now it is a pleasure when you see a cone, you know just a few metres further there will be someone doing maintainance on the road or verge followed a few metres along another cone. They dont waste them over here.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Cambridge Gliding Club
Pepe Aircraft
Wings & Wheels 2019
Gliders Distribution
CML
Slec
electricwingman 2017
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
New Poll - Sticky situations...
Q: How often - when using superglue - do you end up with it on your fingers?

Every time
 Occasionally
 Sometimes
 Rarely
 Never
 Wear rubber gloves

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us