By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Brian Hilton Fly in France

Here is a list of all the postings Brian Hilton Fly in France has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: How long does it take to get to your flying site?
15/10/2013 20:01:40

I'm lucky I just walk out in to the 'garden' and fly, book yourself in for a holiday and you can to!

Thread: Fly In France
23/01/2013 10:18:28
Hi Willowlea

No problem at all with bringing pets.

Brian
07/11/2012 19:33:21

Hi Paul

Thanks for the comments and pleased you all enjoyed yourselves. Just a quick note 2013 prices and DISCOUNTS are now online **LINK** with the end of the season and for many the end of this years club meets now is a great time to start making your plans!

Brian

Thread: Flying in France - Site locations?
21/06/2012 22:12:57

Hi all

The FFAM have just updated the web site to find a club visit the following link

**LINK**

Thread: Flying in France - Cross Channel Frequencies
21/06/2012 22:07:54

Latest update is July the 1st for 2.4gto be fully available, the French military ended their use in December - I have tried emailing the French Flying asociation but received no reply, they have a nice new updated web site but no further news. The latest mags I have also have no date. The organisers of the F3A Euro Championships seem to think all will be available by the end of July in time for the Championships.

Thread: 2.4gHz UK/France
20/01/2012 16:08:03
Just to clarify a couple of points raised. As Peter has pointed out the French are very serious about such legislation so Ernie's comment made me raise my eyebrows! I am also very concerned about advice on a number of other websites and forums that is factually totally incorrect!

When starting the Fly in France project strangely I did a lot of research in to this before investing a substantial amount of money!

I spoke with a number of Radio suppliers in Europe in 2003, non of whom were aware that the European regulations were changing to harmonize the European frequency use. The relevant legislation dates back to 1999.

I have over the years seen many comments for the user of 35mHz in France, illegal CB radio, police, the military and a few more so to clarify the previous user of 35mHz was the DIR, The DIR is the " directions interdépartementales des routes" which is responsible for road maintenance and used the frequency for walkie talkies and inter vehicle communications. The delay to releasing the 35mHz band was due to the DIR investing 15 million Euro in new equipment in 2005 as they were unaware of the changes! This lead the French government to apply to the European parliment for a special exclusion! Since 2006 steps have been taken to reduce the use, originally just channels 60 & 61were available from 2007 and as of June 2011 60 to 65 are available for model aircraft exclusively. I ran a 35mHz scanner for several periods of time and never saw so much as a blip on the entire spectrum!

French modellers were less than enthusiastic about the switch it meant investing in new or updating existing equipment for no benefit, the change to 2.4gHz is a very much different story!

So what of the future?

Over time the French aero modellers will lose the 41mHz band and 35mHz frequencies will become increased to comply with the European regulations which is good for us as I can't imagine many French going down the 35mHz route.

The military were due to cease the use of 2.4 by 31st December 2011 and probably have done so. The removal of the power restrictions on the upper half of 2.4 band have not as yet been lifted but are due to be soon, this is however France and bureaucracy is riff as the fellow ex-pats are no doubt willing to confirm!

The European F3A Championship is due to take place at Chateauroux at the end of June, about 60km from Fly in France, here is a link to there website for their stance on the situation in English.

For updated information as I get it follow the following link

From this page is a link to the FFAM website, but it is all in French and several articles contradict others!

Hopefully this clears up the situation as well as can be done so at the moment.
Brian

Edited By brian hilton on 20/01/2012 16:20:06

Edited By brian hilton on 20/01/2012 16:24:23

19/01/2012 04:29:15

Hi

Most of what has been said above is correct, if you want the latest on the situation then visit

www.flyinfrance.com

Brian Hilton

Fly in France

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Pepe Aircraft
electricwingman 2017
Cambridge Gliding Club
CML
Wings & Wheels 2019
Gliders Distribution
Slec
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
New Poll - Sticky situations...
Q: How often - when using superglue - do you end up with it on your fingers?

Every time
 Occasionally
 Sometimes
 Rarely
 Never
 Wear rubber gloves

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us