By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for alan p

Here is a list of all the postings alan p has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Forum weekend prize draw - just like the good ol' days
10/07/2020 11:35:54

Nice to see no loss of humour

Thread: Warbird Replicas Spitfire LF mk IXc
10/07/2020 11:15:46

Hi Graham

Quite agree beauty lies in the eye of the beholder or builder, colour was usually determined by availability at the time with adhoc mixing. What size distemper brush /broom will you use for the stripesdevil.

Alan p

10/07/2020 09:40:23

I beleave RAF Museum Hendon has a Tempest on display, if they can't get the colours right nobody can.

Thread: 1/9th Halifax U/C
10/07/2020 09:26:48

Hi Ken

Having read the above the calculator may be needing some new batteries, as the difference in OD is only 3mm assuming the wire dia is about 1mm to allow clearance to prevent binding, if the same expertise that has gone into the under carriage goes into the airframe it will be an impressive replica. Any info/pictures of the airframe.

Regards

Alanp

19/06/2020 23:20:46

Makes my suck it and see/ seat of the pants approach, using bits of card and wire look very naïve embarrassed

More strength to your armyes

Alan p

Thread: 1/5 Scale Civilian Pilot
15/06/2020 18:58:10

Real pilots are still trading as far as I know, Also try Wendy's Perfect pilots.

13/06/2020 09:30:50

Must admit I was wondering about the hiatus,(being the times we exist in at present). Must have been a ooh bother moment or similar quote!!! Glad to see it reconciled.smiley One of the problems with distanced design/production.

Keep safe

Alan p

Thread: WANTED Dremel 3 inch / 76mm Jigsaw Blades Part # 8029
08/06/2020 13:58:37

Try workshopheaven.com I get my 3" pinned blades from there. Uk based firm in Banbury.

19/05/2020 09:34:36

Finished model weight looks like a government civil service estimate.

16/05/2020 08:41:10

I do admire the lateral thinking regarding the jigging, reminds me of the many small toolrooms that produced much with very little in years gone.yes

Thread: The State of Play
15/05/2020 11:38:58

Sorry Tim the last photo is a Tempest 2, the others a republic P47 Thunderbolt.face 5 Sidney Camm might have been offended with the comparison.

13/05/2020 09:29:07

Many commiserations Ken. Loctite as many engineers have found is not so benign as many think the clue being in the name Loctite. I was wondering how you would reconcile alignment issues. This is a engrossing thread congratulations.

Thread: The big question, WHEN
11/05/2020 18:59:47

I can understand both arguments for and against flying, either of which will be an individual decision.

However no matter how keen you may be, JohnT put his finger on the biggest hurdle. That of our landlords allowing access to flying sites which will not be forth coming if it's considered there is a detrimental impact on their farming operation ( possibility of infecting them or their employees) Our landlord closed the site a week before the government lock down.

I can see a difficulty in persuading him to reverse the decision at this point in time.

Thread: ungluing
10/05/2020 15:22:02

Have you tried acetone (SWBO's nail varnish remover)

Thread: The State of Play
10/05/2020 14:54:57

That seems a fair assessment Richard. Taken the effort, man hours and expense need to create and assemble a kit in what many would call an obscure type and in many cases only breakeven or a loss. Richard mentions a whirlwind on this forum there are only two of the type acknowledged in build, one self design the other modified from a 1970's plan, both of which have been in progress for at least 2 years. As a business given development time that is unsustainable.

Suspect it gets disheartening when you receive many declerations of interest many of which do not realise in firm orders. So makes the effort uneconomical. Before any one makes criticisms they should consider would they make the commitment in what has become a must have it now society.

In admiration of Richard making the effort.

Thread: Warbird Replicas Spitfire LF mk IXc
01/05/2020 17:22:08

Signed upsmiley

Thread: Target For Tonight Film
01/05/2020 12:08:20

If H&S had been round then they wouldn't have got in the aircraft never mind flown. Brave men one and allyes

26/04/2020 16:47:41

Liked your soldering jig solution, simple and accuratethumbs up Landing something the weight of 2 sacks of suds will need some thing substantial to support it. Proof of the pudding will come later but as you say gut feelings generally prevail. Projects like this show us what can be achieved with access to minimum tooling.

Thread: 1/6 Westland Whirlwind
20/04/2020 10:54:02

Your method for the doors looks better than mine, mine warped when cut free from the nacelle and took a lot of fiddling to get decent. they are held shut by elastic band and opened by the oleos. Like the cockpit detail.

Thread: Focke Wolf Ta 154 Laser
13/04/2020 19:07:28

Must admit I was hoping for enlightenmentthumbs up

Support Our Partners
Sussex Model Centre
electricwingman 2017
CML
Slec
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!