By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for David Tayler

Here is a list of all the postings David Tayler has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Pins and things
20/04/2020 15:05:40

I have the yellow pins.I also got fed up with stabbing myself.But a bit of blue foam or depron keeps them point down nicely.It releives those nasty pin pricks. My pins still rust when I leave them covered in aliphatic .

Thread: Great Giveaways
02/02/2020 16:55:32

I wonder if one of the clever 3D printer experts could print something similar and then make the files available on Thingiverse or similar? It looks a useful tool.

Thread: Intermittent Throttle Mystery on Spektrum 1S Indoor Receiver
08/12/2019 09:02:47

I check my 1S cells under load. To make a simmple battery checker all you need is a digital volt meter module( less than £2 from China, a push to make switch and a 4.7 ohm resistor. I described this in a letter to RCM&E a few years ago. Failling cells will show 4.2 volts when fully charged, but the voltage collapses under load.

Thread: source of 2mm Depron?
29/10/2019 22:15:50

Dear Ray, If I sent you a box of 360 x 800 x30 mm could you put the depron in it and post it back to me? I would of course pay postage, and for the depron. Thanks David

29/10/2019 09:45:43

Thanks to all who have ofered advice. I have ordered some aero depron and will try cutting 6mm white down with a hot wire. It largely seems that I have missed the boat for 2mm white depron ,which is a shame as I have built 3 Fockers and 5 Chipmunks out of it,and they fly well. Plans for the Focker will be published in our club magazine shortly! The vector board seems heavier and more floppy, but also more resillient.;However for indoor flying lightness is everything. David

27/10/2019 21:06:28

I have been making models for indoor flying out of 2mm Depron. Recent internet searches for more supplies have been fruitless. Does anyone know of a good source of 2mm depron. Preferably in the UK. Thanks ,David

Edited By David Tayler on 27/10/2019 21:07:03

Thread: The Bolt chuck Glider
16/09/2019 09:24:30

I straightened the wings of my Lidle glider that I converted into a twin motor plane by cutting part way through them then filling the v with PU adhesive( Gorilla glue type of thing). Held it all down flat ,clamped to a board while the glue dried and it has worked a treat. I suggest some masking tape under the glue line to make sure it does not get stuck to the board! David

Thread: Transmitter / receiver issues, help needed pls
24/06/2019 16:46:21

Daire, Do you know the brown out voltage for your receiver? 3.7 volts seems rather low for a receiver supply .However you say 2s. if that is a lipo that gives 7.4 volts which is high for many servos. I hope your new esc will give 5 volts which is fine for most receivers and servos.

Thread: Want plans for roto duo
27/05/2019 08:26:24

If you PM me your address I am happy to send you hard copy of the plans and article. David

Thread: Build your own telemetry sensors.
26/05/2019 17:47:24

Thank you all for the help ,especially Andy in this instance. I can now see all the cells and the total. My current sensor arrived yesterday so I will add it. I think for the air speed sensor it may be as cheap to buy the Frsky modulle,even if that seems like cheating!

26/05/2019 09:36:50

Chris and Mike, Thank you for your help. Sorry to be confused by the Frsky/arduino nomenclature. I now have a module almost working for lipo voltage. I have the following display on my Taranis X9D;-

1: A2 11.1V( presumably from the receiver)

2: Cels 11.49V

3: RSSI 84dB

4: RxBT 5.0v

5:Vfas 11.50V

I only have 3S lipos and have not yet built the current sid eof the modue.The arduino pin connections are as per Chris's diagram/ PCB. VFas_SOURCE VOLT_3 to use the balance lead. Why do I not have individual cells displayed ? Also I have a series of flashing stars on the transmitter display.Why?

Thanks for the project I am gradually getting my head round it. One last question is there a cheap airspeed sensor available?

David

21/05/2019 19:40:51

Chris, isn't A4 used for SDA in the I2C bus. David

Thread: Lidl XL Glider
17/05/2019 09:06:33

Thank you Steve, My store will be the 23rd too.I will be there! David

16/05/2019 22:16:56

Steve, How soon is soon? Last time when there were gliders Lidl had sold out by the time I got there.Thanks

Thread: Build your own telemetry sensors.
15/04/2019 09:36:55

Chris,I am watching this tread with interest.I have read the"H" files but not yet tried programming my Arduino . I would be interested in two pcb's.

Thread: Amber with a frog in her throat
02/04/2019 16:54:11

I have poured cough mixture into my Taranis and Amber has lost her Dakek speach. Seriously though I had the odd speach with my Fun Cub selected,I moved to my Acrowat and the speach improved .I went back to the Fun cub and all is now fine. I am at a loss to know what was wrong but it seems to have righted itself! Thanks to all who offered suggestions as to the cause of the problem. David

01/04/2019 21:53:21

Chris, The sound files sound fine when played on a PC. They also sound OK when played in my friend's Taranis which is running 2.2.2. Should I try to go back to that?

01/04/2019 15:52:57

I have tried two different SD cards but the problem remains the same.Thanks for your input David

01/04/2019 11:02:14

I am running open Tx 2.2.3 no heli multimodule and the Amber sounds 2.2.3 on a Taranis X9D.(not plus) The initial greeting and switch warning is fine but the Amber sounds and telemetry warnings sound like a "Darlek" and are very slow. I have reloaded the SD card and the firmware to no avail. I have also checked inside the Transmitter for any lose wires. Does anyone have any ideas what to do next? Thanks David

Thread: Vector board
24/02/2019 16:35:56

Has anyone used Vector board foam? It looks interesting.Tough like epp and fairly light ,but heavier than Depron. It is avauilable from several model shops. I am thinking of buying some but am slightly concerned about its weight.

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
electricwingman 2017
Sussex Model Centre
CML
Slec
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
NEW POLL - has the pandemic altered your event safety perceptions?
Q: Has the covid pandemic deterred you from attending shows and events in 2021?

No, I'll be attending just as many as I usually do
 No, but I'll choose my event with greater care
 Yes, I'll attend fewer events going forward
 Yes, I wont attend any where previously I have

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!