By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for David Tayler

Here is a list of all the postings David Tayler has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: OpenTx - what is the fuss really about?
11/10/2016 14:24:15

Great post; could you please let me know where to find the tx template? Also links to buyiny the decoders? Thanks ,David .

Thread: Batt. Checker problem
19/08/2016 11:52:20

I agree NiMh cells need testing under load and around one amp is ideal. It is easy to build a battery tester which will do this. All you need is a digital voltage display -these cost around £1 .50 from Bangood or Ebay, a 5 ohm 5 watt resistor and a switch. My simple design was published as a letter in RCM&E last year.

Thread: Electric vs IC
26/07/2016 09:26:27

I have a Nissan Leaf and unless I expect to do a long run I always charge the battery to 80%, in the hope of prolonging the lifespan of the battery. Indeed this is what Nissan reccomend.

Thread: Which taranis?
19/06/2016 20:37:37

David, If you are getting a Taranis plus,This is a very useful reference source.I have printed it all out and find it very useful.
http://openrcforums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=8724

Sorry I have not managed to post a clickable link.

Thread: Taranis Open Tx 2.1 Telemetry
21/05/2016 12:08:29

Thank you Andy for a very useful link. Martin has provided the Manual that Taranis has not had before.Well written and detailed. I am still working through it but am well impressed and think it will solve my problems and enable me to use my transmitter more effectively.

20/05/2016 13:29:45

I have just upgraded my Taranis from 2.0 to 2.1. The telemetry screens are very different. I am trying to monitor my battery voltage on A2. Now I have different volatagesbetween the voice prompt and that shown on the screen. I have been trying for 3 hours now ,can anyone show me where to find the necessary documentation or provide advice. Sorry if this has been raised recently ,if it has I can't find it. Thanks for any help.David

Thread: Brittan Norman Islander
15/04/2016 08:39:59

Bad Luck, But don't forget " The man who never made a mistake never made anything". I shorted an old lipo two days ago, just a whisker of wire on a PCB. Don't they go quickley. Melted the wires in a trice. Fortunately the battery was old and apart from the wires no harm resulted. Your Islander looks lovely.

Thread: Cloud Models Mosquito for PSS
12/04/2016 09:18:53

Dear Steve, Thank you for the very useful information on covering/painting. Now for some more polystyrene bashing! Yor plane looks lovely.I await a report on how it flies.

11/04/2016 09:07:33

Steve, I too am building a Cloud Mosquito. I have modified the nacelles with blue foam,so they take brushless outrunner morors and look better.. I am currently fighting the plastic fueslage top and bottom. Please could you tell me what materials you used to "paint" your model.It looks very nice indeed. Thank you. David

Thread: Depron 134" Lancaster.
25/10/2015 21:44:40

Brilliant nacelle doors.These have such compound curves that I could not even begin to imagine how to hinge them so that they would work.Tthank you for your blog.It is inspirational. David

Thread: Brittan Norman Islander
21/10/2015 09:00:11

That looks fantastic. How do you manage to keep it all so neat with pu glue. I find it gets everywhere. I think the balsa and depron construction may combine the best of both worlds. I will be following with interest.

David

Thread: Scratchbuild 84" Depron DH Mosquito
17/10/2015 09:13:43

Wow, that looks fantastic, the skinning in particular makes it look So lifelike. I am usually just a watcher but this time I had to post a comment.

Thread: CC3D for fixed wing
14/10/2015 16:52:08

Thanks Steve, That is just the sort of information I needed .

14/10/2015 09:18:53

Dear all, I have bought a CC3D atom to try to use as a gyro for a fixed wing plane. Openpilot is fine for the initial set up but does not indicate which mode to set for a fixed wing plane and the Wiki function where much of the information may have been stored seems to be inactive. I have wondered about re-booting the Atom to use Cleanflight but that is rather convoluted and would not necessarily make life much easier. I think one gets amazing hardware for peanuts but it is not quite so easy to set up. Advice please. Many thanks, David .

Thread: HK LSD reciever packs
16/09/2015 09:31:06

If you are worried about high internal resistance of battery packs then might I suggest that you test them under an appropriate load. While it is difficult to guess exactly how much current servos can take I reckon one amp should be safe for a sports glider and may be two for a larger plane. The circuitry required is simple, see my letter in the current RCM&E. This test is also useful in checking battery packs as they age. Why risk a plane when batteries are (relativly) cheap. Regards David

Thread: Cheap power supplies
11/09/2015 16:50:46

The power supply is not the same as the DPS600PB as it has all the outputs and control on a 64 pin plug on one end. However I have managed to connect it up and now have a 100 watt power supply at 13.2 volts for my lipo chargers. Not bad for £15 pluss terminal posts. Thanks to all who responded ,David

10/09/2015 20:22:59

I have just bought a p081/HPdl380 Ml380 g5 power supply DPS-800gba power supply to use for a 12 volt supply for lipo charging. Can anyone help with pin out or how to make it start up? Thanks, David

Thread: Wanted UK supplier of Pink or Blue Foam
02/09/2015 17:24:07

I have just visited SIG in Sheffield. They called the blue foam "Styrofoam"! I bought a sheet of Dow Floormate 300 50mmx600mm x2500mm and it cost £15.31 inc vat. They also have pink foam . I hope this helps,I think I will have enough for a while. Unfortunately this foam has grooves in it so the effective width is about 42mm. David

Thread: Super Phatic instead of cyano?
20/08/2015 12:35:54

No it does not foam, it seems more like pva or aliphatic in use, as it is water soluble when wet ,then dries clear.

20/08/2015 10:18:16

Yes that is the stuff. Have you tried it? David

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Sussex Model Centre
Slec
electricwingman 2017
CML
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!