By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for David Tayler

Here is a list of all the postings David Tayler has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Electric vs IC
26/07/2016 09:26:27

I have a Nissan Leaf and unless I expect to do a long run I always charge the battery to 80%, in the hope of prolonging the lifespan of the battery. Indeed this is what Nissan reccomend.

Thread: Which taranis?
19/06/2016 20:37:37

David, If you are getting a Taranis plus,This is a very useful reference source.I have printed it all out and find it very useful.
http://openrcforums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=8724

Sorry I have not managed to post a clickable link.

Thread: Taranis Open Tx 2.1 Telemetry
21/05/2016 12:08:29

Thank you Andy for a very useful link. Martin has provided the Manual that Taranis has not had before.Well written and detailed. I am still working through it but am well impressed and think it will solve my problems and enable me to use my transmitter more effectively.

20/05/2016 13:29:45

I have just upgraded my Taranis from 2.0 to 2.1. The telemetry screens are very different. I am trying to monitor my battery voltage on A2. Now I have different volatagesbetween the voice prompt and that shown on the screen. I have been trying for 3 hours now ,can anyone show me where to find the necessary documentation or provide advice. Sorry if this has been raised recently ,if it has I can't find it. Thanks for any help.David

Thread: Brittan Norman Islander
15/04/2016 08:39:59

Bad Luck, But don't forget " The man who never made a mistake never made anything". I shorted an old lipo two days ago, just a whisker of wire on a PCB. Don't they go quickley. Melted the wires in a trice. Fortunately the battery was old and apart from the wires no harm resulted. Your Islander looks lovely.

Thread: Cloud Models Mosquito for PSS
12/04/2016 09:18:53

Dear Steve, Thank you for the very useful information on covering/painting. Now for some more polystyrene bashing! Yor plane looks lovely.I await a report on how it flies.

11/04/2016 09:07:33

Steve, I too am building a Cloud Mosquito. I have modified the nacelles with blue foam,so they take brushless outrunner morors and look better.. I am currently fighting the plastic fueslage top and bottom. Please could you tell me what materials you used to "paint" your model.It looks very nice indeed. Thank you. David

Thread: Depron 134" Lancaster.
25/10/2015 21:44:40

Brilliant nacelle doors.These have such compound curves that I could not even begin to imagine how to hinge them so that they would work.Tthank you for your blog.It is inspirational. David

Thread: Brittan Norman Islander
21/10/2015 09:00:11

That looks fantastic. How do you manage to keep it all so neat with pu glue. I find it gets everywhere. I think the balsa and depron construction may combine the best of both worlds. I will be following with interest.

David

Thread: Scratchbuild 84" Depron DH Mosquito
17/10/2015 09:13:43

Wow, that looks fantastic, the skinning in particular makes it look So lifelike. I am usually just a watcher but this time I had to post a comment.

Thread: CC3D for fixed wing
14/10/2015 16:52:08

Thanks Steve, That is just the sort of information I needed .

14/10/2015 09:18:53

Dear all, I have bought a CC3D atom to try to use as a gyro for a fixed wing plane. Openpilot is fine for the initial set up but does not indicate which mode to set for a fixed wing plane and the Wiki function where much of the information may have been stored seems to be inactive. I have wondered about re-booting the Atom to use Cleanflight but that is rather convoluted and would not necessarily make life much easier. I think one gets amazing hardware for peanuts but it is not quite so easy to set up. Advice please. Many thanks, David .

Thread: HK LSD reciever packs
16/09/2015 09:31:06

If you are worried about high internal resistance of battery packs then might I suggest that you test them under an appropriate load. While it is difficult to guess exactly how much current servos can take I reckon one amp should be safe for a sports glider and may be two for a larger plane. The circuitry required is simple, see my letter in the current RCM&E. This test is also useful in checking battery packs as they age. Why risk a plane when batteries are (relativly) cheap. Regards David

Thread: Cheap power supplies
11/09/2015 16:50:46

The power supply is not the same as the DPS600PB as it has all the outputs and control on a 64 pin plug on one end. However I have managed to connect it up and now have a 100 watt power supply at 13.2 volts for my lipo chargers. Not bad for £15 pluss terminal posts. Thanks to all who responded ,David

10/09/2015 20:22:59

I have just bought a p081/HPdl380 Ml380 g5 power supply DPS-800gba power supply to use for a 12 volt supply for lipo charging. Can anyone help with pin out or how to make it start up? Thanks, David

Thread: Wanted UK supplier of Pink or Blue Foam
02/09/2015 17:24:07

I have just visited SIG in Sheffield. They called the blue foam "Styrofoam"! I bought a sheet of Dow Floormate 300 50mmx600mm x2500mm and it cost £15.31 inc vat. They also have pink foam . I hope this helps,I think I will have enough for a while. Unfortunately this foam has grooves in it so the effective width is about 42mm. David

Thread: Super Phatic instead of cyano?
20/08/2015 12:35:54

No it does not foam, it seems more like pva or aliphatic in use, as it is water soluble when wet ,then dries clear.

20/08/2015 10:18:16

Yes that is the stuff. Have you tried it? David

20/08/2015 09:41:02

Not quite on the thread but does anyone know what sort of glue everbuild premium wood adhesive is? It says resin ,waterproof and dries in 10 minutes. I find it takes longer. It is very cheap ! I have looked at the data sheet but can find few further details. David

Thread: Everbuild premium Wood adhesive
05/07/2015 17:20:44

No it is white. I guess the way to assess how it sands is to cover some balsa, allow it to dry and then sand it! I will try this, David

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Support Our Partners
Cambridge Gliding Club
CML
Gliders Distribution
Slec
Pepe Aircraft
Wings & Wheels 2019
electricwingman 2017
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Do you use a throttle kill switch?
Q: This refers to electric-powered models but do you use a throttle kill switch?

Yes
 No
 Sometimes
 Rarely

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us