By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for David Tayler

Here is a list of all the postings David Tayler has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Depron 134" Lancaster.
05/07/2015 09:22:12

Ian , That is inspirational. I am building a 72 inch Lanc to Tony's design,but in depron. Wings built and outer nacelles.The inner ones with retracts are more tricky and I am on my second attempt. You have the lines and details beautifuly crafted. Fantastic work. David

Thread: Depron Extra 300
16/04/2015 09:03:32

Just a hint, rather than taping the templates to the depron,I use a prit stick to stick them on.Once cut out I then find it easy to just peel the paper off the Depron.There sems to be almost no residual glue left on the Depron.Congratulations on your blog. David

Thread: No wonder model shops are closing down.
21/02/2015 15:46:10

I must also be lucky ,living in the north,but I must say that the service I have had from Nitroflight-my nearest model shop- has been exceptional. Lots of friendly advice,especially on how to use Depron. No sense of being hurried out of the shop, a good range of goods to tempt me to spend my cash. and Depron at very reasonable prices with no P&P charges.Well worth a visit(or two).

Thread: Balsa to depron
02/01/2015 11:45:01

Thank you , I have been following the depron build blogs and think I will use the cruciform method for the fuselageand a full hight main spar. of 6 mm depron. Is it worth making that doublle? With balsa for highly stressed areas. I may have to make the wings detatchable for transport..It will be mainly white depron for ribs and formers but covered in 3mm grey as it is so much easier to bend

. I said I would build an electric lancaster when I was 12 ! fifty two years ago, so it has taken me a long time to get round to it. The electronics ,motors and batteries have changed out of all recognition, so I feel now is the time to get on with it! Thank you to those who have offered advice and posted their build blogs on the forum which I will continue to view.

01/01/2015 20:25:15

I have plans for a 72 inch Lancaster,designed to be built in balsa,but I would like to build it from Depron to save weight and expense.There have been some fantastic large Depron models shown on this forum recently. Can anyone give me some advice as how to proceed? Modifying fuselage formers and wing spars, rib spacing etc.or advise me where to find such information? Happy new year to all.

Thread: plans to depron
08/12/2014 10:49:49

Tony,could you tell me how you use tracing paper? I can understand how you get an image onto the tracing paper,but how do you then get the image onto the depron? Thanks, David

07/12/2014 20:12:18

Please can anyone advise me of an easy way to transfer the markings for formers and wing ribs from a plan onto depron. I have used card templates but unless making several identical models this seems rather labour intensive. Thank you David

Thread: 84 inch Depron AT6 Texan.
01/12/2014 09:22:53

As a"watcher only" of this fascinating post I now feel I must add my congratulations to Electriflier for a fantastic model. I will haveto visit his shop to do it in person too! What a star. smiley

Thread: Single cell micro receiver
14/11/2014 19:59:42

Thank youall for your advice and hints. I had intended to use a "Brick " type receiver but may well now use micro servos and a frsky unit. Always useful to get otherpeoples views David

14/11/2014 10:23:12

Does anyone know where I can buy a single cell micro receiver suitable for use with spektrum or taranis tramsmitters? Our indoor flying has a class that only allows single cell power. I would like to use a brushless motor. Hobbyking sell a receiver with gyros but the programming looks tricky. Many thanks David .

Thread: Slopes near Tintagel(Cornwall)
31/05/2014 09:36:43

Thank you for those responses, packing the planes today! David

30/05/2014 12:21:19

Dear All, Next week I will be on holiday near St Endelion in Cornwall. Could anyone advise me which club I should contact to ensure that I do not upset anyone by flying where I should not, and to advise re slopes and access for various wind directions. The forcast fortunately has some west winds in it. Thank you.

Thread: Make your own pilots.
10/05/2014 15:06:56

To re use the fix and fill foam ,clean the nozzel and valve with acetone/cellulose thinners, otherwise you will only get one pilot per tin!

Thread: Tony Nijhuis' new Vulcan
14/02/2014 10:53:36

Dear Daz, I too am contemplating building a Vulcan,in foam. Please could you post a link to the plans you used as I have not been very successful when using Google. Many Thanks David

Thread: suitable plans for a beginner
09/02/2012 19:22:26
I am just learning to fly and have an Easystar and a WOT 4 foam-e which is not yet flown. Can anyone recommend a suitable plan to make a trainer out of foam.I can cut proper wing sections ? high wing with a span of 40-50 inches . Thank you. David
Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Support Our Partners
Wings & Wheels 2019
Cambridge Gliding Club
Pepe Aircraft
Slec
CML
Gliders Distribution
electricwingman 2017
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Do you use a throttle kill switch?
Q: This refers to electric-powered models but do you use a throttle kill switch?

Yes
 No
 Sometimes
 Rarely

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us