By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Mike Etheridge 1

Here is a list of all the postings Mike Etheridge 1 has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Futaba 6EX 35 MHZ not transmitting
15/07/2019 20:00:47

Same here I did not realise the topic originated 6 years ago. I have not heard from Mike Ridley since I sent my transmitter to him a few weeks ago, I wonder how he is getting on with it ?

Thread: Wot no Acrowot!
09/07/2019 21:37:34

One of my aero modelling friends from the 1950's / 60's was David Murray who lived near the Crystal Palace football ground . He was an excellent model maker------Not you then David ?

21/06/2019 00:11:04

Had a chat with Mike Ridley who said he had not dealt with a programme corrupted transmitter before but seemed confident he could resolve the problem with my 2006 35 mhz 6EXA unit. We both discussed the fact that i might not use the transmitter again for flying but it could be used for my simulator control ?. He advised me to send only the transmitter without the internal battery so that's what I did today. Repair costs are likely to be £20 plus about £6.00 return postage costs.

Hopefully I have not high jacked Roy's original question , but it would appear he should contact Mike Ridley as was mentioned earlier. Last winter I removed the batteries from three other transmitters to avoid black wire corrosion. All programming was retained.

Edited By Mike Etheridge 1 on 21/06/2019 00:11:55

Thread: Junior 60
17/06/2019 12:46:49

Gary, you appear to have some good responses to your wing tip query, I have just checked mine and photographed it and I seem to have just fared the T E balsa into the 1/4 inch wing tip pieces as shown on the plan, by other contributors.

p6160182.jpg

17/06/2019 09:27:41

My 6EXA 35 mhz transmitter failed as some of the program adjustments such as 'End point adjustment' just disappeared. I wonder if Mike Ridley could resolve that ?

15/06/2019 23:20:30

OK Gary, i will extract the wings tomorrow and check the detail of the wing tip and let you know..

Thread: Prostate Cancer
15/06/2019 22:49:01

Met up with some old school friends last week. One had had a prostate removal and looked as fit as a fiddle having exercised regularly including time spent in the gym . My twin brother used to work with his oldest son in IT . However my friend's son got bored with IT and after three attempts got accepted top train as an airline pilot even though he was over 40. He appeared on the TV some months back in a series about training airline pilots , he was filmed doing his first landing. He passed the course and now flies short haul - great, I watched the programs but did not realise it was him !.

Edited By Mike Etheridge 1 on 15/06/2019 22:50:46

15/06/2019 22:37:36

Last rib looks a bit thick on the join of the trailing edge sheet balsa lengths and needs trimming slightly. The top sheet needs scoring above the rib to create the trailing edge taper by bending it and gluing it to the lower sheet. I am pretty sure that's what I did in 1962 / 3 with my wings that are in the loft so I cannot check it .However if I was using solid trailing edge I would look to shape it the same.

p7150088.jpg

Edited By Mike Etheridge 1 on 15/06/2019 22:40:07

Thread: Junior 60 (Flair)
14/06/2019 21:14:42

Perhaps these pictures of the 1955 New Junior 60 which is the same as the Flair model might help ?

kk junior 60 (1).jpg 001 jr60.jpg

09/06/2019 12:19:21

Thanks OG, presumably the course relates to exercise and diet and physical shape ?

07/06/2019 14:43:06

Following my PSA blood test which was satisfactory, I have been invited on a course to avoid developing Type 2 diabetes. As the course takes place only 1 mile away it seems quite viable so I must sign on.

That's prostate cancer and diabetes sorted for now, what's next. ?

Edited By Mike Etheridge 1 on 07/06/2019 14:45:21

Thread: Frog Jackdaw resurrection.
31/05/2019 17:06:29

I have three SS30's; one was 'as new' and I used it in an RM Trainer, another I fitted to a repaired unidentified Fun Fly plane and the other engine is spare. I think you are right Colin, your SS 30 has a larger silencer and I would be interested to how much your complete engine weighs ? . My SS 30 engines appear light in weight and small in size , the bearer spacing being the same as an ED Racer.

I think your comparisons with the Uproar plane are relevant as Stuart Uwins the Jackdaw designer was a friend of Uproar designer Chris Olsen.

Thread: Ben Buckle Junior 60 build
29/05/2019 17:43:08

I have to agree with Cuban 8, the wings do need beefing up at the joints. I am sure my wings have ply reinforcements on the joints which are not shown in the detail above. Additional reinforcements would also be advisable. I did feature the electrification of a Mercury Matador on this website a few years ago. The plane which belonged to my nephew Nigel got caught in a thermal at Croydon airport. My nephew put the plane into a spin to escape the thermal but the wings folded and the plane was scrapped and finished up in a dustbin from where I recovered it. I re-built the wings with spruce strip reinforcements on the wing spars.

To date my Junior 60 wings have survived but have only looped the loop twice once with the Ben Buckle fuselage attached and once with a Super 60 fuselage attached.

028.jpg

29/05/2019 09:46:25

I am probably repeating myself here but I do have a Ben Buckle Junior 60 fuselage (1946 version) I acquired at the Nationals plus a Keil Kraft 'New Junior 60' (1955) I built in 1962 / 3. They both share the Keil Kraft wing but as the Ben Buckle plane's fuselage is not as wide as the Keil Kraft fuselage (Same as the Flair Junior 60) there is a slight overlap of the centre section which seems to make little difference. I do not have the Ben Buckle plan but I have got the Flair plan which matches the 1955 Keil Kraft plan plus a centre section detail from Keil Kraft. I hope you can make sense of the above ?

001 jr60.jpg

1946 JNR 60 and original Keil Kraft 1955 New JNR 60 Built 1962/3

24/05/2019 21:00:16

I had my test and my PSA level was only 1.1 whereas a normal reading for an over 70 person is 5.00. I was told that despite the test there was no guarantee that I did not have cancer. A further rectal test showed no problems, however there was a slight issue of sugar level in my blood which the doctor said I could ignore or alternatively get more advice on. I opted for the latter.. Thanks again for the originator of this thread.

Thread: croydon airport field
22/05/2019 22:01:40

I used to fly there up to a few years ago. Restrictions were introduced on IC plane flying such that they could only be flown on Tuesdays and Thursdays . There may also have been time restrictions for IC planes ? .

Thread: Any ideas what this old model is please?
20/05/2019 17:20:55

I have a Mini Concord that needs refurbishing. The design is very much the same as the larger Concord so hence the right guess Andy.

Thread: Unknown Glider
15/05/2019 20:06:47

Quite right not a Heron , more like a modified Middlephase 2, BUT THE NOSE IS TOO SHORT ?

07-11-2008 ; heron 002.jpg

p4150028.jpg

Thread: Any ideas what this old model is please?
07/05/2019 20:27:46

Veron Concord ?

06/05/2019 09:43:39

Thanks to you lot I am booked in for a PSA blood test next week. If the reading is high them the next step is a scan. No sexual activity can be had prior to the test for 48 hours, so no worries there !

I visited the doctors some years ago and it would seem that the procedure was different. On that occasion the woman doctor I saw locked the surgery door and gave me the finger test something that may put others off ?. That was followed up with the blood test.

I had a chat with a friend last week end and he said that a member of his bowls club organises tests for all the male club members every two years so perhaps this is something that model flying clubs should think about?

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Pepe Aircraft
Wings & Wheels 2019
electricwingman 2017
Revoc
Slec
CML
Motion RC
Gliders Distribution
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Does your club have a safety officer?
Q: Does your club have a safety officer, or is the emphasis on individual members to each be their own safety officer?

Yes we have a SO
 No, it's down to everyone

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us