Dave Hopkin22/09/2014 16:54:30
3672 forum posts
294 photos

**LINK**

Certainly doesn't look like Specktum packaging too me

Codename-John22/09/2014 17:36:44
1087 forum posts
18 photos

If you look at their feedback, quite a few people seem to have bought one lately with no complaint

Martin Whybrow22/09/2014 19:33:31
884 forum posts
33 photos

Bit of an odd seller profile though, up until a year or so ago was selling Ugg boots, then suddenly starting selling these Rxs and seems to have sold hundreds in the last year. I would be most surprised if they were an authorised reseller, but I don't see how else they could get so many Spektrum RXs if they are the real Macoy.

Levanter22/09/2014 19:50:24
889 forum posts
437 photos

Why would new genuine Spektrum receivers be available in strange packing and at those prices? Volume is never a problem for counterfeit producers. They know a proportion will get intercepted and "destroyed". Destroyed by the way is a euphemism for "re-directed". Not long ago a certain branch of the police services in this southern European country where I live were notorious for confiscating and re-directing goods of all descriptions.

In quite a few places it is actually illegal to buy fake goods. That seems quite harsh but the fakers rely on one of the darker sides of human nature. The honesty would come from not being surprised when your Rolex melts in the sun.

There have been plenty of posts on this sort of subject and the best advice, offered by the wisest heads on this forum (Hello moderators) is - Don't risk it!

As footnote, isn't this the clearest reason for buying from your favourite dealer? Heaven forbid even from your local LMS.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Support Our Partners
Sussex Model Centre
CML
Subscribe now
electricwingman 2017
Slec
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
NEW POLL - has the pandemic altered your event safety perceptions?
Q: Has the covid pandemic deterred you from attending shows and events in 2021?

No, I'll be attending just as many as I usually do
 No, but I'll choose my event with greater care
 Yes, I'll attend fewer events going forward
 Yes, I wont attend any where previously I have

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!