Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

Dingbat

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Michael Wright02/11/2014 06:34:58
64 forum posts
10 photos

A friend came by yesterday with an un-built kit of a "Dingbat"....I think it may be a late 1980's design made from thin corrigated plastic sheet like that used in house 'For sale' signs. Looking for basic info such as engine size as it is not mentioned in the instructions. Plus anybodys experiences of the model.

Regards

Mike

Braddock, VC02/11/2014 08:22:33
1626 forum posts
76 photos

I had one, quite a long time ago. IIRC you need to assemble the fuse carefully as the way it went together locked in other components. I still have it in the loft somewhere, victim of low inverted + up elevator, which broke the engine mount.

It flew well, I'm racking my brains trying to remember the engine I had in it but can't for the life of me.

Percy Verance02/11/2014 08:54:56
8109 forum posts
155 photos

I was initially slightly confused by the opening post, as the only Dingbat I recall was a kit marketed by Ripmax back in the 70's/early 80's. It was a sort of flying wing thing, of the type used by control line combat flyers. A complete heap of rubbish it was too.

I wasn't aware of a correx version being produced?

sgwlm02/11/2014 09:15:22
110 forum posts
84 photos

the title had me confused too,

it brought back some memories of my 'dingbat' it was a rpimax/aviette kit I I remember right, 36"ish span wing, twin solid booms and little nose section, think I had .25 in mine, like Percy says, similsr to the control line combat, but with radio.

I covered mine in glass cloth and used to do some really low under wire fence flying, I had great fun with mine,

oh the old days eh

Toni Reynaud02/11/2014 09:19:37
387 forum posts
46 photos

I remeber the Dingbat - mine flew well as I remeber, but then I wasn't expert enought to know the difference! A look at this website  **LINK**  might reveal some information. I haven't lookd at it in any depth for a couiple of years, but there might be something useful

Edited By Toni Reynaud on 02/11/2014 09:21:59

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
CML
Cambridge Gliding Club
Wings & Wheels 2019
Slec
Gliders Distribution
Pepe Aircraft
electricwingman 2017
Addlestone Models
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
New Poll - Sticky situations...
Q: How often - when using superglue - do you end up with it on your fingers?

Every time
 Occasionally
 Sometimes
 Rarely
 Never
 Wear rubber gloves

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us