By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more
Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

In Lidl Now

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Vernon Bright26/01/2015 18:33:41
4 forum posts

Get the MDF emulsion sealer from Poundland when its about . It seals Hardboard and also Balsa and provides

good key for Solar Film Type Covering .

Also get the Aluminium Paint for £ 1 in Poundland . This is a filler and fuelproofer all in One . I always use it in Tank

Bays and in and around the nose ( Plane ) .

Used to get the sqeeze epoxy in two separate tubes but Poundland et al seem to be phasing these out in favour of

the two cylinder squirt mixing type ..

But If you have been buying the squeeze type over the last 5 years you will see that Poundland have changed

suppliers as the content is much different -- being more liquified with a more reddish colour

Vernon Bright26/01/2015 18:40:09
4 forum posts

I use an A4 REFILL PAD OF plain paper to write anything down to do with Modelling again ex Poundland .

Find it great BUT - ------- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

THERE USED to be 300 Pages . When I was in SE8 ( Deptford) Poundland on last Sat I noticed that these Refill

Pads are now boasting ONLY 200 Pages .

So as Mark Twain may well have have suggested buy this bargain up before it becomes extinct if nothing else but

its visIbly lessening content !!!!

Vernon Bright26/01/2015 18:43:59
4 forum posts

Where you have space in fuzz and the control wire to servo is too short use SMALL chocolate box connectors

to utilise short bits of wire we have knocking about .

I never go beyond joining together 2 Pieces though

denis parkinson02/02/2015 18:44:39
145 forum posts
66 photos

Due in Lidl next week **LINK**

Pillar drill for £49.99

Stephen Jones02/02/2015 18:53:51
2840 forum posts
1617 photos

Try THIS

350 watt

Or THIS

Steve

Edited By Stephen Jones on 02/02/2015 18:56:36

Andrew Price 202/02/2015 19:04:37
821 forum posts

I spotted a cordless "Dremel type" drill in Lidl last week. Anyone know if they are worth a punt, please?

Stephen Jones02/02/2015 19:24:36
2840 forum posts
1617 photos

Hi , Bought the power corded one they had in last time around , so i had no need of a battery version , but knowing my luck it would need charging by the time i got to use it and so would have to wait for it to charge every time i wanted to use it .

Mains power on when you need it .

But i did buy the large box of bits for it ,

and i bought the solder station as i tend to burn things when i put my other irons down , so having a stand to keep it in a safe place is useful .

And i have used it several times already and works ok .

Steve.

Vecchio Austriaco02/02/2015 19:40:29
1503 forum posts
715 photos

About the bench drills: something I would not like to miss any more! One of the most important tools in the workshop. The shown drills may all be a bit delicate if it comes to running time - S2 15min.

Bought a similar bench drill 20 years ago -blocked my original motor for 3 seconds (took long until I could grab the switch) and it was already too late!

Replaced it with a Bosch washing machine engine from the broken washing machine of my grandma (built in the 50th I think - indestructible) - now I have operation mode S1 - no runtime restriction

VA

john melia 102/02/2015 21:05:51
1770 forum posts
24 photos

just bought the soldering station , pretty good so far

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Sussex Model Centre
Slec
CML
electricwingman 2017
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!