Forum sponsored by CML

futaba interference

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
jez05/09/2007 22:00:00
245 forum posts
137 photos

hi guys

using futaba ff7 and getting interference when flying, used various receivers with out any change , it seems to happen on left hand turns ? more than right have tried straight flight seems ok  all the usual tricks with ariels etc , seems worse on a multiplex sonic liner but other models all electric, using ferrite rings etc, balsa or foam seem to be just as bad,has any body got any ideas, different area has no effect, is my transmitter us ?? appreciate any help

cheers

jez

Grant Darnley06/09/2007 12:24:00
134 forum posts
28 photos
is it poss to move the Rx further away from the motors?
jez06/09/2007 20:54:00
245 forum posts
137 photos

hi grant,

well it is at least 18 ins away on sonic liner , but close on other planes , am gonna try another channel tomorow to se if this is prob, it is a very strange one got quite a few people puzzled

will report on tests

jez

Grant Darnley07/09/2007 13:54:00
134 forum posts
28 photos
test flight on my extra showed up two glitches which both sent the model to the right on ailerons only, have now moved the aerial to the top of the fuse, away from the servo cables and hopefilly that is going to cure it.  If I have any developments that might help I'll keep you posted
jez07/09/2007 16:15:00
245 forum posts
137 photos

ok will try that also, spectrum looming i think !!!!!!!!! will let ya know

thanks

jez

Erfolg07/09/2007 19:36:00
11565 forum posts
1274 photos

Is there not a fault with the transmitter or receiver?

There must be thousands of this model Futaba in the UK, not heard of any widespread problem?

Although I have heard people complain of interference from other sets, JR, Multiplex, I find this hard to believe, as I would hope that in this day and age, reputable sets do not swamp other frequencies. In the past we blamed CB radio.

This Rubber Duck, signing off 

Erfolg

Martin McIntosh07/09/2007 22:31:00
3085 forum posts
1119 photos
Glitches usually go the same way for a given set up, ie., right/down. I recently had a similar problem when, nomatter what sort of Rx I fitted, the model (ic) would glitch badly, despite the receivers being flown OK in other models. The servos were replaced one at a time. Mistake. Two coreless servos were each causing the problem. When replaced as a pair the glitching disappeared. If your model is electric, could it be that you are trying to operate too many, or too high a current drain servos from your ESC? Try fitting a UBEC (try ebay) which will allow you to operate four or more servos from a 3-cell Lipo pack. These are typically 3A rated. It worked for me. Martin Mc.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
CML
Sussex Model Centre
Slec
electricwingman 2017
CADMA
Cambridge Gliding Club
Wings & Wheels 2019
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Do you use a throttle kill switch?
Q: This refers to electric-powered models but do you use a throttle kill switch?

Yes
 No
 Sometimes
 Rarely

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us