By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more
Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

Daily Mail on Drones

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Phillip Powell14/12/2014 18:42:21
12 forum posts

In reply to King Kade any ref to how a piece of RC equipment might be weaponised is not relevant to the core problem are RC modellers being targeted as possible terrorists if so why??

Dave Hopkin14/12/2014 18:49:38
3672 forum posts
294 photos

No they are not, the main and immediate problem is the public PERCEPTION of "drones" being a menace to civilisation (if you believe the more lurid media) - In 99% of cases through flouting of the existing laws by (I very much hope) pilots who are not part of the main stream RC Flying Hobby - I would expect any club finding a member taking part in this would expel him immediately (and it has happened at one of the clubs I am a member of)

The main question is "how do we defend and promote safe and legal RC flight" in the face of the "overspill" negative publicity these "drones" are attracting at the moment

Pete B - Moderator14/12/2014 19:13:56
7656 forum posts
734 photos
Posted by KingKade on 14/12/2014 18:18:43:

I would suggest that a few more paragraphs are removed...a grid of quods on a take off flight path.... It may be stated on a Birmingham uni report somewhere... But this website is easier research from someones bedroom....

KingKade, if you'd bothered to read my post and follow the link to the Daily Telegraph article, you'll find that I'm quoting from that newspaper. I didn't dig it up from some Birmingham Uni report! I'd also suggest that, august though this forum undoubtedly is, readership numbers are unlikely to match those of the DT....smile

My post was purely to illustrate what those who are close to the decision-makers are thinking and writing....smile o

Pete

KingKade14/12/2014 20:52:05
512 forum posts
22 photos

yes

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
CML
electricwingman 2017
Slec
Sussex Model Centre
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!