By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more
Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

Hanger 9 Inverza 62

More a piece together rather than build!

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
john stones 113/04/2015 17:55:24
10181 forum posts
1475 photos

Fly's as good as it looks then Adrian yes when engines done more running you'll add some more vertical rolls. I can't get on with expo either.

John

Adrian Smith 113/04/2015 18:25:17
2132 forum posts
828 photos

Cymaz I will watch the situation carefully, but it seems engine is happy as it is. Nevertheless will be aware during run- in and if it looks like she's showing signs of overheating I will take action. Yes John another 6-7 flights should see the OS loosen up some more. I am not into 3D particularly so I just need her to do the aerobatic book and I'll be happy smiley smile d

Robert Welford12/12/2018 17:33:43
138 forum posts
4 photos

I took advantage of the fine weather yesterday and test flew my Inverza 62. I bought the kit secondhand - unbuilt. It's powered by an OS GT 60 with an enclosed Krumscheid canister.

Only a couple clicks of trim required. CofG seems about right and is very pure. Almost no down elevator required when inverted, but pulls away slightly (canopy down) in knife edge.

All-in-all I'm very pleased

img_2261.jpg

Edited By Robert Welford on 12/12/2018 17:34:55

Edited By Robert Welford on 12/12/2018 17:35:36

Adrian Smith 112/12/2018 19:26:25
2132 forum posts
828 photos

Glad you like it, Robert. It was a favourite with me ( I had 2 of them) when I was fully I/C compliant. I am now all electric up to 60cc equivalent and sold them both, but I still have soft spot for it.

Robert Welford17/12/2018 12:09:45
138 forum posts
4 photos

I flew my Inverza 62 again this Sunday (5 flights) and each time after 5 minutes the engine began to labour at the top end and in fact cut on 2 occasions.

I suspect the OS GT 62 is overheating, but strangely there wasn't a problem on the first 2 flights the previous week.

I haven't installed any baffles in the cowl to direct the airflow to the engine. I guess I now need to do so.

Adrian, I understand you didn't baffle the cowl and had no problems?

Adrian Smith 117/12/2018 17:04:03
2132 forum posts
828 photos

Correct, Robert I didn't use baffles. May I ask how old your OS 60GT is? The reason I ask is on another forum I have covered a litany of disappointment with this engine. Two of my OS 60GTs suffered crank case failures (after 2-3 hours use), one of which was replaced without argument by Ripmax. The second one went back to OS for investigation, but nothing was forthcoming. The third one was sitting on my work bench showing signs of oil stains/leaks exactly where the crank case had failed on the other two. I wasn't going to risk it anymore and at that point I bought an EME 60 which in my view is a great engine and I didn't have any bother with. I know it doesn't help you, but as I understand it you are using a Krumschied tuned pipe so I would suggest it has come slightly out of tune and might be running lean. Quite often if there is a small slippage between the pipe and manifold with use which could cause a tuning issue if all other factors remain the same. I would be interested in your investigations despite the fact I am now all electric.

Robert Welford17/12/2018 19:48:26
138 forum posts
4 photos

Adrian, yes I was aware that you had problems with your OS GT 60s. From a selfish point of view I was hoping it was a "one-off" wink

My OS GT 60 is new. I first ran it on a "the bench", again in the airframe on the ground in the garden and now a total of 7 flights. BTW the manifold if secure - there are no tell-tale oil stains.

On Sunday I thought it might be too lean and removed the propeller and cowl and opened up the "High" needle by about 1/8 of a turn (twice). The engine does not produce any smoke (30:1 mix) so it could still be too lean?

Before baffling the cowl I was thinking of flying it without the cowl to see if the problem went way. This would confirm that it's an overheating problem rather running too lean.

Adrian Smith 117/12/2018 22:14:54
2132 forum posts
828 photos

Robert, rightly or wrongly because the cowl is open fronted I thought I wouldn't mess around with baffles. All I did was make sure the air exits were big enough. I am sure you realise that given the weight of the cowl (i was surprised how heavy it is), flying without it will mess up your CoG. Be interesting to see if there is any change in your problem without it fitted. Best of luck. Adrian

Robert Welford17/12/2018 22:19:17
138 forum posts
4 photos

Yes - I will compensate for the weight of the cowl if I were to fly the Inverza without it fitted.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Support Our Partners
Motion RC
CML
Pepe Aircraft
Slec
Wings & Wheels 2018
electricwingman 2017
Revoc
Gliders Distribution
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Does your club have a safety officer?
Q: Does your club have a safety officer, or is the emphasis on individual members to each be their own safety officer?

Yes we have a SO
 No, it's down to everyone

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us