Forum sponsored by CML

Peterf's 1/4 scale Falcon Models Tiger Moth

Build log for my quarter scale Tiger Moth

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Richard Thornton 215/08/2020 13:35:54
16 forum posts
Posted by PeterF on 28/03/2017 21:01:55:

Moving on to some more details. I have wrapped the undercarriage fairings in litho plate. I have added a litho plate quadrant to the rear doors. I have added a hinge for the luggage door and a litho plate section over it. The door will not be opening, I through this would be the easiest way to simulate it. A slot was cut into the ply for the hinge to poke through. I have added rivets to the hinges on the cowl side panels and top section. I have simulated a couple of pushrod covers for the front of the engine, they sit nicely in front of the ESC. I have painted the cockpits and engine in the correct shade of green. The motor and ESC have been fitted properly now, as has the Rx. I tested the power set up and it creates a healthy draft, this should have no trouble flying. I have this big list of things to do with a rough order to do them in, but I ma not sure if it is the best. However, I will just amble along doing bits and pieces until I think it is OK to cover.

Litho being wrapped around undercarriage fairingsdsc04992.jpg

Litho being wrapped around undercarriage fairingsdsc04993.jpg

Undercarriage re-assembleddsc04994.jpg

Quadrant on rear doorsdsc05001.jpg

Dummy pushrod cover and rivets on hingedsc04996.jpg

Litho plate luggage door and hingedsc05018.jpg

Cowl being painteddsc05015.jpg

Motor and ESC mounteddsc05016.jpg

Rx installeddsc05027.jpg

Hi Peter.

Really miss this regular posting of yours, but hope you are well.

what glue do you use to stick the litho plate to balsa, I have tried all sorts with very few giving just the right result without getting seriously sticky myself.

My Tiger is coming on nicely, now Covid19 has made its presence felt.

Regards Richard

PeterF15/08/2020 13:49:00
569 forum posts
740 photos

Richard,

I am doing fine thank you and hope you are too. I am amazed that it is 3 years ago I completed the Tiger Moth. It is in good condition and continues to fly regularly without incident and I still enjoy taking it out. I had one heavy landing that bent one u/c arm that carries the wheels but fixed OK.

My recollection is that I used either Deluxe Materials RC Modellers Canopy Glue for the litho plate or UHU Por as they both hold onto this type of smooth non absorbent surface as well as balsa. If I was pushed, I would guess the RC Modellers Canopy Glue was the one, yes you can get sticky, but when dried you can roll off any bits that have oozed out of the joint or got in places you do not want it to.

Peter.

Richard Thornton 215/08/2020 14:42:59
16 forum posts

Many thanks Peter.

By the way, did you make the pinking tapes on the Brother cutting machine? I know you previously mentioned you did the inspection hatches and lettering on it.

Richard

PeterF15/08/2020 16:30:43
569 forum posts
740 photos

Richard,

The pinked tapes were from Mick Reeves, see link here. The pinked circles for the inspection hatches were also from Mick Reeves, same link as pinked tapes. I cut the cardboard circles for the inspection hatches myself on the Brother.

Peter.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Sussex Model Centre
electricwingman 2017
CML
Slec
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
NEW POLL - has the pandemic altered your event safety perceptions?
Q: Has the covid pandemic deterred you from attending shows and events in 2021?

No, I'll be attending just as many as I usually do
 No, but I'll choose my event with greater care
 Yes, I'll attend fewer events going forward
 Yes, I wont attend any where previously I have

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!