By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more
Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

Tell me something about it.

It may suit our clubs needs and wants, then again.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Martin Harris10/02/2015 19:23:03
8736 forum posts
214 photos

Our membership profile is, I'd guess, pretty typical with a great deal of grey hair (and shiny pates) in evidence but we have only one member out of around 70 without access to the internet. However, not all are prolific users...

stevejet6622/02/2015 16:14:47
146 forum posts
28 photos

Why do you need to pay someone to build a website, You can build them yourself for nothing, Ive just done a new website for our club, Im no expert but once you put it in the right places you get hits, Also submit your url web address to google and bing to get in the search engines.

Check out our free website,

**LINK**

Andy Green22/02/2015 20:40:33
2279 forum posts
67 photos
2 articles

"Why do you need to pay someone to build a website,"

I have to agree, and I run a professional web design & hosting company. Trouble is its never really yours, the domain name usually contains the name of the owner company, the sites tend to have adverts that you usually have no control over, and certainly don't get any income from.

And if you want something specific you either cant have it or that's were they make the money. (and its still not yours.)

There is a place for free webs, and the personal / hobby arena is probably it.

Andy

Erfolg22/02/2015 20:49:55
11319 forum posts
1121 photos

I will investigate the options in the club having a very simple web site, that is not interactive. Although I have no idea at present as to how to go about it.

WE as a club are staring to communicate by E-mail, i have approx. 30% of the club members E-mail addresses. Now regularly communicate with may be 5%. Still, it is a start.

I personally do not like the Facebook option, now signed up, bombarded with all sorts of trivia, with respect to modelling and our community.

Olly P23/02/2015 12:12:12
3215 forum posts
181 photos

Carl,

I have built club websites in the past - focussed on my old Hobby/Sport of Kayaking, and the site is now old and obsolete as no-one took over from me when I went to University.

I am happy to offer some time to support this, but it will be limited due to my various commitments - which you are aware of.

Should I get the job I interviewed for last week there may be a bit more time away, and i would have time in the evenings to do some work on this - drop me an email.

Olly

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Pepe Aircraft
electricwingman 2017
Cambridge Gliding Club
Gliders Distribution
Addlestone Models
Wings & Wheels 2019
Slec
CML
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
New Poll - Sticky situations...
Q: How often - when using superglue - do you end up with it on your fingers?

Every time
 Occasionally
 Sometimes
 Rarely
 Never
 Wear rubber gloves

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us