Forum sponsored by CML

Non-standard Hitc receiver

Issues with an after-market receiver.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
TheFlyingCrust22/02/2015 18:25:17
611 forum posts
67 photos

A few months ago I bought a couple of these to see how good they were.

In use they seem to work fine. I'm only trying them in a low value foamie with no non-flyers nearby - just in case, To get a bit of confidence in them, but I'd noticed that on startup the servos jittered somewhat and their travel wasn't smooth. At one point before launch 2 days ago the elevator ceased functioning for 5 seconds.

Errrr. Discretion being the order of the day I packed everything up to investigate later. Today I decided to do said investigation. And all the above problems resurfaced but no worse. I thought it might be a binding issue which I re-did with no change.Then I did a range check and the problems all disappeared! Curious. That got me thinking so with receiver energised and Tx (Aurora) in hand I started to back away from the receiver, twiddling the sticks as I went.

At about 1/2 metre the problems were ever present with some strange behaviour. At about 1 metre the issues were less. At 2 metres the problems had all but disappeared. At 3 metres - no issues whatsoever with smooth output from the servos. Just to say all the above applies to both receivers.

The only conclusion I can come up with is the signal strength from the close proximity of the Tx swamps the receiver causing these problems.

My confidence is now restored. I just have to be aware when doing pre-flight checks and launching solo.

Your thoughts? Has anyone had issues with these alternative receivers for Hitec or other brands?

Ian

Edited By TheFlyingCrust on 22/02/2015 18:26:08

Paul Marsh22/02/2015 19:23:48
3839 forum posts
1110 photos

I don't like using non genuine rx's not worth it, although on foam models it's not as bad, but still.

Phil Green22/02/2015 19:48:55
1552 forum posts
315 photos
Posted by Paul Marsh on 22/02/2015 19:23:48:

I don't like using non genuine rx's not worth it, although on foam models it's not as bad, but still.

You're perfectly ok with these, they're Simons receivers. (Simon's a forum member here)
I remember a few posts on RCG saying that they can swamp at very close range but in general use they're fine.

Cheers
Phil

PeterF22/02/2015 19:54:03
480 forum posts
669 photos

I have seen warnings about having Hitec's own receivers too close to the transmitter during binding and to keep them a few feet apart.

Dave Hopkin22/02/2015 20:08:41
3672 forum posts
294 photos

From my experience its not just Hitec's thet wont bind at very close range, Spekies sometimesdo it too at, 6' or so away it all works though

iqon22/02/2015 21:38:57
1479 forum posts
239 photos

Hitec rx`s are cheap enough not to bother with compatible......

TheFlyingCrust22/02/2015 22:05:27
611 forum posts
67 photos

And it made me wonder why I bothered! But it was just a trial and I wondered about other's experiences. For an extra 6 quid I could get a genuine Minima. Which reminds me I need to order a couple more Rx's.

Ian

scott finnie22/02/2015 23:23:37
756 forum posts
95 photos

Ian sorry for not jumping in here earlier, i fly with my trusted aurora and only use Hitec gear. Though i did trial with that receiver ect and had my elevator (only) shudder and lock up whilst within 1 metre but free up during normal flight. When trialing new aftermarket equipment i always use a cheap foamie glider and this stuff failed. I never gained confidence in it sadly. Though my Optic 6 and Hitec gear works perfect. Maybe a bad batch!? but i'd rather buy genuine for a few £ more than risk an aircraft.

Scott

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Sussex Model Centre
Wings & Wheels 2019
Slec
electricwingman 2017
Cambridge Gliding Club
CADMA
CML
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us