All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  

Articles

David Ashby - Moderator12/05/2015 08:43:36
10896 forum posts
1663 photos
605 articles

Hi all,

The new June issue should be arriving with subscribers over the next few days and will be in the shops shortly after.

As you'll soon see from Graham's editorial, after 18 years at the helm, he's decided it's time to do something different and I'm already in the chair working on the July issue.

Graham will be the longest serving RCM&E editor and, ably assisted by a teriffic team of contributors, has steered the mag through several changes in ownership and into the internet era while ensuring that quality levels remain high.

Yep, sure, he's family of course, but I hope you'll allow me to highlight how he has support the hobby in countless ways over this time both at national and local level with many gestures going unsung. He'll be a hard act to follow.

Edited By David Ashby - RCME on 12/05/2015 08:45:40

ken anderson.12/05/2015 08:49:52
8417 forum posts
772 photos

three cheer's for graham who I met at greenacre's...a big thanks from me...

ken Anderson...ne...1...... GA dept.

Chris Bott - Moderator12/05/2015 09:37:27
6642 forum posts
1374 photos
1 articles

Many congratulations for the excellent job that Graham's done, not only in keeping the mag at the very top of the pile, but for the continued improvements in quality and quantity over the years.

It will indeed be a hard act to follow David, congrats to you though for bagging the hot seat. I'm sure I'm not just speaking for myself here when I say we're all here right behind you.

I trust you'll be there trying to beat the number of years that Graham put in? smile p

David Ashby - Moderator12/05/2015 10:28:08
10896 forum posts
1663 photos
605 articles
Posted by Chris Bott - Moderator on 12/05/2015 09:37:27:

I trust you'll be there trying to beat the number of years that Graham put in? smile p

In a word, no wink 2

Edited By David Ashby - RCME on 12/05/2015 10:28:23

Peter Miller12/05/2015 10:38:19
10015 forum posts
1185 photos
10 articles

I have worked with Graham over those years. He has been a great editor and a real friend too. I will miss ourphone chats.

David will take his place seamlessly I am sure. I look forward to that.

Martyn K12/05/2015 10:42:12
4857 forum posts
3538 photos

Good luck Graham and well done David.. Its a great mag and I know that it will continue to go from strength to strength..

Martyn

IanN12/05/2015 10:50:40
1675 forum posts
119 photos

The quality of the mag has been - and I am sure will continue to be - unparalleled in the hobby field. Absolutely first class

Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator12/05/2015 11:01:38
15748 forum posts
1460 photos

Yes - a big "thank you" to Graham - he's done a fantastic job - is it really 18 years?!! Wow. But of course everyone needs a new challenge now and then, so I wish him all the best in the new job.

And of course to David as well. As you say G's a hard act to follow but I'm sure that, whilst maintaining the same high standards, you will take the mag forwards in exciting new ways! Congratulations mate - here's to you and your leadership of RCM&E! cocktail

BEB

Max Z12/05/2015 11:31:23
511 forum posts
224 photos

I have been an on-and-off reader of the magazine, only subscribed to it last year July. But I have been reading and subscribing to a wellknown (at least here in The Netherlands) German magazine until recently, ending my subscription being disappointed with its contents as of late. Then I remembered how much I enjoyed reading the RCM&E issues that I bought in the shop over the years, so I am getting it in my letterbox now regularly. Quality obviously is at the forefront here (as I experienced myself recently, didn't I David? smile p).

So also from me, thank you and good luck to Graham with his future endeavors and good luck to David in his new role at our favorite mag!.

Max.

Jon Laughton12/05/2015 11:35:18
1172 forum posts
104 photos

It feels like a very old friend is leaving the club! Graham has been the editor of our best RC magazine for all the time I have been flying seriously...

Good luck to him and to Dave who will no doubt 'raise the bar' even higher!

Jon

Concorde Speedbird12/05/2015 12:24:44
2717 forum posts
631 photos

Graham has been the editor of RCME for the same number of years I have been alive! He has done a stunning job to keep the magazine at such a high quality level. There are no others that match it. Thank you very much Graham and good luck with your future endeavours.

I think David will do an excellent job and I am looking forward to seeing how the magazine progresses. Good luck, but I am sure you do not need it!

CS

Lindsay Todd12/05/2015 12:42:05
1691 forum posts
1698 photos

Always been a pleasure working with Graham, a real gent and will miss his input which I know will still be there with David, just as encouraging and just as honest and enthusiastic. Well done Graham and all the very best for the future I hope to catch up with you at some point; and to David, well I am sure it will be a seamless transition into the hot seat and look forward to talking with you very soon. Lindsay

Wingman12/05/2015 15:42:11
1086 forum posts
404 photos

Yeah - thought he was looking a bit old and worncheeky

Tim Mackey12/05/2015 17:45:24
20919 forum posts
304 photos
15 articles

About time he went - needs to get some serious polishing in on that car wink

john stones 112/05/2015 19:27:00
10432 forum posts
1475 photos

Good luck to both of you yesbeer

John

kevin b12/05/2015 21:20:35
1645 forum posts
133 photos

18 years in the editorial seat of a monthly publication is a long time for anyone ! Well done Graham and thank you. Please let us know what you are up to in the future.

I doubt very much that David will want to change the existing format. Let's be honest, he has been involved with the magazine for some considerable time already !

However there are many changes occurring in our hobby and out of necessity the magazine will need to take these changes on-board. I'm sure we will see new names and faces appearing over time as a few contributors slip into retirement ( Alex, you've no chance). After all, non of us are getting any younger and many contributors also pre-date Graham !

These are volatile times in the magazine publishing industry and I for one can see the possibility of a slimmer, less advertising focused publication. I'm sure that the price will also reflect accordingly, but I for one will not be over concerned as long as the content retains it's high quality.

So best wishes to David for the future of the magazine. I will be continuing to give it my support.

yes

Richard Harris12/05/2015 22:15:40
2046 forum posts
1886 photos

Wishing Graham all the best in his new role and a personnel thank you from myself for taking a gamble on publishing my Panther design.

Looking forward to David's work in the hot seat smile

Rich

Danny Fenton12/05/2015 22:45:09
9082 forum posts
3928 photos

It was Graham that bullied me into writing for RCM&E a couple of years ago now, and though I was a bit reluctant at first I have thouroughly enjoyed my short time contributing to this hallowed tome. Graham will indeed be a tough act to follow, I owe him a great deal for his patience with my scribbling. I am sure that David is more than up to the task. I look forward to helping in any way I can, maybe even getting my column to the Ed' on time

Good luck for the future Graham

onetenor13/05/2015 04:49:53
1900 forum posts

Good luck and bon voyage to Graham and Welcome to David fom possigly your longest reader. Issue one I bought when at Grammar school. Not sure which year but mag was not as big or glossy ( slick   as it is now

Colin Leighfield13/05/2015 08:58:51
5889 forum posts
2459 photos

I think in I'm the same category as onetenor, every time I see a back number (wasn't the original a smaller format)? I recollect seeing it before somewhere!

Thanks to Graham for what he's achieved, I really think that RCME is a top notch publication. Good luck to David as he takes over the helm, I've got no doubts that he will do this very well.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Wings & Wheels 2019
Pepe Aircraft
Gliders Distribution
CML
Addlestone Models
Slec
electricwingman 2017
Cambridge Gliding Club
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Does your club have a safety officer?
Q: Does your club have a safety officer, or is the emphasis on individual members to each be their own safety officer?

Yes we have a SO
 No, it's down to everyone

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us