Forum sponsored by CML

June 2015 issue feedback and some changes at RCM&E

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  

Articles

ken anderson.21/05/2015 18:55:18
8437 forum posts
772 photos

I must admit in support of my dear friend victor that when we exchange e-mails and meet up...and chat about our hobby he cant understand why the delay in the mag reaching him......I've sent stuff from ne...1 land it is in his hands in a few days......what makes matters worse is no one bothering to reply to his querying the on going delay..... bearing in mind its 2015...

ken Anderson...ne...1......... help out victor dept.

Nick Burroughs22/05/2015 12:10:53
83 forum posts

Glad to see other subscribers complaining about late deliveries. I have had this problem for over a year now and still nothing is being done about it. NOT EVEN AN APOLOGY. The only person who has shown any interest is Kate from subscriptions. If you complain to subscriptions all you get is an automatic reply telling you that your query is being attended to. If you respond, quoting their reference number, all you get is another auto reply.

Nobody does anything about it though.

What is needed is more people complaining in the Forums

Koen Smits22/05/2015 12:40:01
98 forum posts
114 photos

Sinds my first discription I got my copies always before they were available in the shops, up to the april 2014 issue. From there its always delivered at least a week after its available in the book shop. At the moment i'm in doubt if i will renew my discription at the end of the year.

Koen Smits

Edited By Koen Smits on 22/05/2015 12:41:27

Pete B - Moderator22/05/2015 12:56:40
7583 forum posts
732 photos

Frustrating, isn't it?face 5

Until about a year ago, I was receiving my subscription copy in France typically 3-4 days before the edition went on sale in the shops. Around about that time, the plastic sleeve changed from silver to transparent - a change of printer/distributor/delivery company, perhaps?

Since then, delivery seems to have slowed down significantly and I now get it at best a week after it hits the shops. I still haven't received the June edition, either, and France is a tad closer than Malta or Spain. Normal UK post to me typically takes about 3 days so, unless they've gone for the cheapest delivery option, I can only assume the publishers are sending out subscriber copies well after delivery to the shops, which is unacceptable, IMHO.

Given that RCM&E is just one mag in a publishing empire, the Ed will probably have limited means to influence the delivery system, so I'm not sure that complaining to the forum will achieve much. The problem lies further up the line, I reckon.

Pete

Nick Burroughs23/05/2015 16:29:53
83 forum posts

Who do we complain to then?

Why don't those "further up the chain" make themselves known to us?

This problem has been going on for over a year now, and still nobody seems to be able to do anything about it.

The problem started when the mag stopped appearing in a silver/grey sleeve. Surely it cannot be too difficult for someone at RCM&E to investigate this? Somebody caused a change. Who was it and why?

Nick

ps No sign of the current issue yet

Graeme Poke25/05/2015 06:28:22
175 forum posts
20 photos

I'm in Tasmania, and still no May issue let alone June! It's not worth the subscription. I've complained to subscription the last 4 months. I eventually end up with a copy but I could get it just as quick from a local newsagent. It's hopeless.

Graeme

Edited By Pete B - Moderator on 25/05/2015 07:59:36

Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator25/05/2015 10:33:01
15748 forum posts
1460 photos

Well that's interesting! Because here in the UK it still is in the silver cover. Now it could just be that the same distributor has to pack them differently for overseas addresses - I don't know. But may be it does indicate a change in distributor. It is curious that:

1. You guys seem to time the delays starting with the change of packaging

2. UK customers are not experiencing delays and have has no change in packaging.

It could be a coincidence - but may be not.

BEB

Stephen Jones25/05/2015 10:53:01
2693 forum posts
1528 photos

Hmmm ,

We seem to all expect to get are rc goodies with good deliver times and most of us do .

So why are Magazines so slow at being sent out . Surely if we can post out batteries , props , motors ECT with a quick turn around , they can do the same with Magazines ,do they have to be stuck in the dark ages .

And if you are a subscriber surly you should be given priority over local shops , and why has the digital copy been dropped from subscribers surly this would ease any deliver problems .

Steve.

P'S being a Subscriber in the uk , i don't have any problems

Pete B - Moderator25/05/2015 14:10:08
7583 forum posts
732 photos

My June copy arrived Saturday 23rd May, which, as far as I can make out, is about a week after it appeared in UK shops and considerably later than it used to arrive here.

My mailing slip seems to indicate that the mag may have been sent from France. Could it be that, with the marvels of PDF, it's no longer necessary to print the mag in the UK? I know that overseas editions of newspapers are printed in mainland Europe. Have the publishers/distributors gone for the most economical method, without giving much thought to their customers?

rcme mail slip.jpg

Do other overseas subscribers have something different on the insert?

Pete

A.A. Barry25/05/2015 15:07:23
1922 forum posts
186 photos

I'm in Aus, and I generally get my latest edition 7-10 days after most of you guys up there, if I wait till it arrives in the local newsagent.... 2-3 months..... I'm happy to wait 7-10 days

Cheers all

Barry

Pete B - Moderator28/05/2015 17:08:10
7583 forum posts
732 photos

I received my monthly RCM&E newsletter today and I see there's a link for overseas subscribers to complete a very short survey about recent delivery performance.

Clearly someone is looking at the problem, so I'd suggest it's in your interest to complete the survey and hopefully an improvement in the existing service will be made....thumbs up

Here's hoping!teeth 2

Pete

Max Z28/05/2015 19:53:06
526 forum posts
238 photos

What newsletter is that Pete? Is there some link to it? I am still waiting for the June issue to fall into my letterbox, here in The Netherlands.

Max.

Edit: found it - signed up just now. Hopefully I will get the one with the survey.

Edited By Max Z on 28/05/2015 19:59:42

Chris Bott - Moderator28/05/2015 20:17:38
6656 forum posts
1381 photos
1 articles

I think this should take folk to the survey. Overseas subscibers only, of course.

Max Z28/05/2015 22:18:01
526 forum posts
238 photos

Thanks Chris.

Max.

Graeme Poke29/05/2015 07:48:33
175 forum posts
20 photos

Thanks very much for that Chris. I have completed the survey. Hopefully someone will fix the problem. I still don't have a May issue and I reported that to Subscriptions on the 14th May.

Oh and no sign of June which would usually be here last week of the month. Again thanks, Graeme

Koen Smits29/05/2015 09:49:42
98 forum posts
114 photos

Hurray, the postman dropped this morning my june copy in the mailbox.

Here is a picture from the mailing slip

20150529_103458[1].jpg

Koen Smits

Fanyak29/05/2015 14:06:51
79 forum posts
31 photos

Still waiting for mineangry 2

Max Z29/05/2015 16:21:52
526 forum posts
238 photos

Mine has arrived! Same style wrapper as Koen's.

Max. (NL)

Victor Saliba29/05/2015 17:29:14
177 forum posts
328 photos

Mine not yet arrived, 2 weeks late now. Not going to write more, i'm very disappointed, pity that I have just subscribed for another year, till July 2016. I hope this won't be another year of waiting anxiously for my issues.

Edited By Victor Saliba on 29/05/2015 17:31:34

Pete B - Moderator29/05/2015 17:36:22
7583 forum posts
732 photos

Have you guys completed the survey?

The more subscribers who respond to it, the better the chance of an improvement, so it's no good just complaining here - get the survey done - the link is further up the thread!wink 2

Pete

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
CML
Pepe Aircraft
electricwingman 2017
Cambridge Gliding Club
Gliders Distribution
Slec
Wings & Wheels 2019
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
New Poll - Sticky situations...
Q: How often - when using superglue - do you end up with it on your fingers?

Every time
 Occasionally
 Sometimes
 Rarely
 Never
 Wear rubber gloves

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us