Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

New Laser engines. What do you want?

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Jon - Laser Engines13/12/2017 19:54:43
3835 forum posts
149 photos

Its all to easy to break the rings when they are stuck but I think both of your engines were 70's so I can send some more. The bore should be 27.7mm if they are 70's.

Rocker adjusters are easy, got a few of them but don't worry if they are chipped on the edges as its just where the hardening goes right through the material. If you use the wrong size screwdriver (as someone has by the sound of it) you chip the corners really easily. It wont effect the way they operate though.

trebor13/12/2017 20:05:21
1648 forum posts
203 photos

Oh the adjuster has started to brake away on the end that touches the pushrod, the slot for the screwdriver is fine.

trebor13/12/2017 20:12:18
1648 forum posts
203 photos

What do you use on the rocker shaft to align the rocker centrally ? Mine has an 'o' ring then rocker, then ptfe washer in the centre. The same the other side, is this normal ?

bert baker13/12/2017 20:12:25
1153 forum posts
247 photos

John I have sent a pm, hope it looks ok as could see box to type in

Jon - Laser Engines13/12/2017 21:46:36
3835 forum posts
149 photos

If the pushrod side of the adjuster is damaged then its worth changing. They aren't expensive.

The configuration of the rockershaft is as you have it. The O ring seals the shaft to prevent oil leaking and the ptfe spacer acts to reduce friction. the O ring should be a fairly tight fit, if not its probably worn and needs replacing.

Bert, works for me. Put it in the stampe thread too and see how may takers we get.

Jon - Laser Engines13/12/2017 21:50:16
3835 forum posts
149 photos

Guys I just started a new thread for technical questions as this thread is aimed at product development and connected questions. If we can use the other thread for technical stuff from now on that would be ace

Tony Richardson25/02/2018 04:37:56
561 forum posts
25 photos

Just wondering how the 180 petrol version is going non?

Jon - Laser Engines25/02/2018 09:57:40
3835 forum posts
149 photos

Hi Tony

The design is pretty much finalised and I am producing parts for the pre production batch. Its taken longer than hoped to go from prototype to production and required a redesign of the pump. I should be able to test the new pump next week and then there are only a few parts left to manufacture.

Assuming there are no issues with the pre production batch I am still targeting the spring for a full release.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Support Our Partners
CML
Wings & Wheels 2018
Airtek Hobbies
Slec
electricwingman 2017
Gliders Distribution
Overlander
Expo Tools 14 July
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
What is the main brand of transmitter you use? (2018)
Q: What is the main brand of transmitter you use?

FrSky
 Futaba
 Graupner
 HiTec
 Jeti
 JR
 Multiplex
 Spektrum
 Other

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues