By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more
Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

glue for carbon fibre

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
jon nash16/11/2015 22:01:12
25 forum posts

hello I need a glue for carbon fibre for a parkzone micro night vapour landing gear . would epoxy or super glue be ok? cheers jon

Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator16/11/2015 22:11:59
15748 forum posts
1460 photos

Depends if the surface has a "key". It's very difficult to glue CF because generally the surface is very smooth and can't be easily "roughed up" without damaging the composite. If it is a rough fracture surface you may be able to effect a repair with a very small quantity of epoxy. But it may well be "suspect"!

BEB

Levanter16/11/2015 22:26:27
870 forum posts
436 photos

Jon

Can you post a picture of the damage.

jon nash16/11/2015 22:29:19
25 forum posts

ok thank you for the quick answer BEB .cheers jon

MaxG17/11/2015 09:40:19
144 forum posts
3 photos

Two thoughts here from experience.sad

If the leg has broken at the point where it enters the holder at the Fuselage end extract the stub piece left in the holder. Note that there is a retainer that you need to push in that is in a small recess in the holder. You then pull the old stub out using the little flange that is where the break is. Look at the exploded diagram on the parts in the hand book and then use a magnifying glass to look at the actual bit. All should then be clear.

Replace the leg with a fine wire new one pushed into where the retainer went. Glue if you wish I didn't.

Alternatively if the leg has broken part way down Get a short piece of wire or cf rod and bind it to the broken bit then bind that to the bit that is still attached to the model. When you have done that get the wheel turned into line and put a drop of cyano onto the thread binding and you should find that all is now OK.

HTH

Max

ken anderson.17/11/2015 10:09:08
8409 forum posts
772 photos

hello jon...cyno and a splint/wrap of either cloth or slightly over size carbon tube on the outside....or smaller dia in the inside...if you have access to the part---or order a new part?

ken anderson...ne...1.... splint dept.

Tomtom3917/11/2015 10:42:39
678 forum posts
1 photos

Jon,

I had the same issue on my larger Vapour.I tried repairing it and in the end opted for a new part (not expensive)

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
electricwingman 2017
Revoc
Wings & Wheels 2019
Gliders Distribution
Slec
Motion RC
Pepe Aircraft
CML
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Does your club have a safety officer?
Q: Does your club have a safety officer, or is the emphasis on individual members to each be their own safety officer?

Yes we have a SO
 No, it's down to everyone

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us